1. When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

Discussion in 'PTCG Deck Garage' started by AFEX, Sep 21, 2017.

1. AFEX Serena is too cute!
    AFEX

You are amazing, do you mind if I add you to the mini mystical staff board here? I know you aren't in the thread often, but you help a lot in side chats.

2. Well, it would be preferred because people could tell which decks are in ctfc, but it is not required, as of this sentence.

3. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it. :)

People can tell that decks are in CTFC by checking this thread. They shouldn't actually be labelled a "CTFC" thread, firstly because not everyone will know what that means, and secondly for long-term relevance. However, if a deck is specifically a budget deck, then it would be fitting to include that in the title, as I have done here: Budget Greninja BREAK // Octillery.

4. Yeah, that makes more sense. Thank you.

@AFEX can you please add the linked decks to the thread?

5. AFEX Serena is too cute!
    AFEX

I'm the ring leader here, so not yet, not until I have evvvvery single deck with it's own thread linked, K?

6. Sounds good

7. biffthepotato It's Wednesday M'dudes
    biffthepotato

Sup I’m back.

This is just an idea but could you add some competitive decks to the list of decks as well, or make another thread??? I have a million lists for different decks and since the whole theme is to help the community, players like myself who are more competitive would find some competitive decks like Zoroark/Lycanroc for an example, rather than different things like Poliwrath/Salazze more helpful.

You don’t have to do this (obviously), but it would help a lot more players who want to play competitively, so please tell me what you think of this proposal, so yeah thanks 4 ur time. :)

8. pikachuuuu101 Custom Title
    pikachuuuu101

We are working on this, but for some reason it is slow but we will (hopefully) get around to doing that. As you see, we have been trying to get rid of the worst decks, and once we have all of the decks in separate posts, we will dump the current formatting and sort stuff into teirs

9. biffthepotato It's Wednesday M'dudes
    biffthepotato

Sweet, can’t wait for Poliwrath/Salazar to go

10. AFEX Serena is too cute!
    AFEX

We (I mainly) will fix the decks, get rid of some, etc, sort into tiers, etc, eventually, for right now, thread is slow, will be for a while.

No.1 priority though, budget comes first.

11. AFEX Serena is too cute!
    AFEX

Bump, yeesh, 2nd page.

Don't be afraid to ask questions you guys out there!

12. biffthepotato It's Wednesday M'dudes
    biffthepotato

When r the competitive decks coming?

13. AFEX Serena is too cute!
    AFEX

Not for a while, we're discussing updates, and such, thread remodeling, cosmetics, It'll be a while, March-April to be roughly honest.

14. pikachuuuu101 Custom Title
    pikachuuuu101

Bump, almost 3rd page, can you put me on the mod page again?
    cant wait for the update AFEX (hint, hint)

15. junkiejay Bruh
    junkiejay

can you put the dugtrio list i posted up (even though its your list)

16. AFEX Serena is too cute!
    AFEX

Can you re put it here, I didn't receive it.

17. Shfinx Meta Slave btw
    Shfinx

Do you think it would be possible to add Sylveon/Wigglytuff lock? Since the cards are basically worthless, it definitely counts as budget.
    3xEevee (any one with energy evolution)
    3xSylveon FFI
    2xJigglypuff XY
    2xWigglytuff XY(89/146)
    2xSpritzee XY
    2xAromatisse FLF
    1xCarbink FLF

Trainers:34
    3xProfessor Sycamore XY
    3xPokemon Fan Club ULP
    4xN DEX
    2xLysandre FLF
    3xSkyla BDR
    1xTeam Flare Grunt GEN

4x Level Ball AOR
    2x Ultra Ball SUM
    2xEneporter
    3xMuscle Band XY
    3xVS Seeker
    1xRescue Strecher

3xFairy Gardens

Energy:11
    11xFairy Energy

18. FrostBiter12 Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
    FrostBiter12

Unfortunately, (correct me if I'm wrong @AFEX) I believe we're focusing on Standard decks for the moment. Also, we're trying to weed out all of the decks that aren't really competitive (as we wouldn't want to suggest unworthy decks to people), and since I've never played this deck before (not sure if anyone else on CFTC have), I don't know if it would make the cut. I'm not discrediting your deck, I've just never seen it in action before and we just want to make sure that it is competitive enough. If we do move into Expanded though and if we have the time/cards to play this deck, we'll get back to you on the results and such. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shfinx likes this.
  19. Shfinx Meta Slave btw
    Shfinx

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if any format was preferred (though I could have easily figured that out. Sorry about that). The deck is definitely more of a gimmicky deck than a super-competitive one. Even if it were to do well, it definitely couldn't see any sustained success. I was just thinking along the lines of budget, which it definitely fits. My apologies, I should have looked into this more before posting.

FrostBiter12 likes this.
  20. FrostBiter12 Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
    FrostBiter12

No problem, that is what the thread is for! Budget decks are a very vague term, so I don't blame you for that. We're always happy to review decks, so if you have another idea, just send it our way and we would be happy to take a look at it!

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?