• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

Gonna build the Gengar/Decidueye deck for League today, after adding a few tweaks. Love the idea of it and can't wait to play it!

Gonna build the Gengar/Decidueye deck for League today, after adding a few tweaks. Love the idea of it and can't wait to play it!
Just so you know, that deck is verrrrrrryyyyyyy clunkey and probably won’t do so well, so I you were to play it, it would suggest majorly changing the deck, as well as testing once or twice to see if it can work consistently

I'm willing to get rid of 15 decks from the thread, so JP, FrostBiter, Pikachu

Let's find a calm medium of what decks we agree to get rid of.

Add a Heatran/Ultra prism magnazone deck, its budget and pretty good with Mount coronet.

As much as I agree, we're slimming the thread right now, not looking to add anything for a little while now, so just be patient, and it might be up there.

IMO, we need to get rid of:

Both Poliwrath decks. Way too clunky IMHO, and the payoff isn't even that great.

Both Aggron decks. Same as above.

Alolan Exeggcutor-GX. Clunky, horrible Garde matchup, and the payoff for managing to set it up and keep it going is simply not enough.

Gengar/Decidueye. I like this deck, but it's pure meme. Insanely clunky and I can't see it winning.

Haxorus/Zoroark. Too slow, and if you get KOed after Dragon Dancing you're pretty screwed. Also clunk.

Slowbro. Same as Gengar/Decidueye.

Both Aerodactyl decks. Fossils are bad, period. And 120 for a DCE is nowhere near enough payoff for managing to get Aerodactyl out.

Lunala/Drampa/Mewtwo. Insanely clunky.

MarshBox. Way hard to get going tbh. Needs Expanded cards like Battle Compressor.

Regi & Friends. It's just a worse RegiBox IMHO. And it needs Lele to grab Kiawe.

And finally, all the Alolan Raticate decks. It simply doesn't hit the numbers.

Both Poliwrath decks. Way too clunky IMHO, and the payoff isn't even that great.

Alolan Exeggcutor-GX. Clunky, horrible Garde matchup, and the payoff for managing to set it up and keep it going is simply not enough.

Gengar/Decidueye. I like this deck, but it's pure meme. Insanely clunky and I can't see it winning.

Haxorus/Zoroark. Too slow, and if you get KOed after Dragon Dancing you're pretty screwed. Also clunk.

Both Aerodactyl decks. Fossils are bad, period. And 120 for a DCE is nowhere near enough payoff for managing to get Aerodactyl out.

MarshBox. Way hard to get going tbh. Needs Expanded cards like Battle Compressor.

Regi & Friends. It's just a worse RegiBox IMHO. And it needs Lele to grab Kiawe.

I can honestly agree with this.

WOH WOH WOH, UH NO.

Yeah, @Professor_jplap that is a bit over the top.

With all do respect, do you really expect to keep Fossils and useless Stage 2 decks that have ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE IN THE METAGAME!?

My bad. What I meant to say was most of the decks Gekki mentioned are not good enough for their price. Plus, please acknowledge that many people have different opinions.

Some prices on some decks are completely off. Like I saw that 1 N was 99 cents or something like that. The cheapest I've ever seen N was around 4 bucks.

Some prices on some decks are completely off. Like I saw that 1 N was 99 cents or something like that. The cheapest I've ever seen N was around 4 bucks.

Understandable, where did you see N was at $0.99, I would be happy to fix it for you! Some of the prices are out of proportion at the moment due to the fact that we're deciding what decks to keep/remove on the thread. This would make it a lot easier on me as the "pricer" of decks as that means I don't have to constantly update the price of 60+ decks every week. I will fix the N for the moment as that is a card that is in almost every deck, but I think once we weed out all of the decks we don't need, I'll either list just the total price or give a somewhat vague rating (such as expensive, cheap, etc.) since the price of each and every individual card isn't really necessary.

I think that we should keep the decks that are good for beginners, intermediate decks, and advanced decks. I also think we should have 2 versions of the advanced decks, one with lele, one without. This way, players who built the deck and like the decklist don't have to get used to another variant of the deck so they could include Lele.

EDIT: why does everyone keep liking my posts? Does this mean I should be leader of CFTC? Nah, I'm too annoying.

I think that we should keep the decks that are good for beginners, intermediate decks, and advanced decks. I also think we should have 2 versions of the advanced decks, one with lele, one without. This way, players who built the deck and like the decklist don't have to get used to another variant of the deck so they could include Lele.

EDIT: why does everyone keep liking my posts? Does this mean I should be leader of CFTC? Nah, I'm too annoying.

Good idea, it gives lists for more experienced players and for ones who are just beginning. I will definitely try and incorporate this into my lists. On the topic of liking the post I did it just now because I legitimately agree with it, I don't know what everyone else is doing.

Good idea, it gives lists for more experienced players and for ones who are just beginning. I will definitely try and incorporate this into my lists. On the topic of liking the post I did it just now because I legitimately agree with it, I don't know what everyone else is doing.
I think the likes are because of my overly sarcastic comments. I think we should go with more "normal" lines of supporters and items. For example, I looked at the alolan ninetales and it runs 2 kukui, only 2 ultra balls and N, and some other confusing things.

I was serious about the above post, it isnt sarcastic.

Back