• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Murkrow GRI 78
* 4 Sneasel BUS 85
* 4 Honchkrow GRI 79
* 4 Weavile BUS 86
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 4 N DEX 96
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Town Map BCR 136
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 6 Darkness Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Took the Solgaleo GX list to locals today and went 2-2.

Match 1 was Quad Sylveon and I won but it wound up going into time right after Game 1. Took way longer than it should have.

Match 2 was against Glaceon/Zoroark and I ended up losing 2-0 due to not knowing Glaceon only worked in the active until it was too late.

Match 3 was Silvally/Tapu Koko and went 1-2.

Match 4 was Magnezone/Dusk Mane Necrozma and went 2-1.

The deck is good but it is fragile if you lose Prism Star Solgaleo or Rayquaza.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
And one more thing on the Solgaleo list. First time using it in a game and it is ridiculously easy to use. Just need to know how to manage your resources a little bit. If you have Max Elixers, you want them in the deck since it can be a little slow after Sol Burst GX gets used.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Took the Solgaleo GX list to locals today and went 2-2.

Match 1 was Quad Sylveon and I won but it wound up going into time right after Game 1. Took way longer than it should have.

Match 2 was against Glaceon/Zoroark and I ended up losing 2-0 due to not knowing Glaceon only worked in the active until it was too late.

Match 3 was Silvally/Tapu Koko and went 1-2.

Match 4 was Magnezone/Dusk Mane Necrozma and went 2-1.

The deck is good but it is fragile if you lose Prism Star Solgaleo or Rayquaza.

I'm glad that the list is performing decently well for you, have you tried Registeel (CRI) instead of Rayquaza? I'm pretty sure that Rayquaza is better, but a single copy of Registeel can help you against the [L] type Pokémon (not to mention 130 HP instead of 120 HP). Just a thought I suppose, the single copy of Solgaleo Prism works better even then. Anyways, I wish you luck with Rayquaza/Solgaleo GX, let us know if you use it in any other tournaments and how you do. Good luck!

PokemonTCGLover

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't posted here in a while, but here are three decklists from Forbidden Light (dangerously fun).

Pyroar Salazzle
Pyroar from FBL is a 120 HP Fire-type Pokémon with an ability which I will completely disregard despite it being rather useful (search it up on the net) and a single attack for a Fire Energy and a DCE, dealing 80 damage plus 60 damage if Lysandre Labs is in play. Lysandre Labs disables all effects of Pokémon Tool cards, meaning that we will not be able to enhance the 140 with a Choice Band, so I have decided to use Salazzle from GRI which Poisons and Burns the Defending Pokémon when it is evolved. This way, we can do 140 + 30 + x number, at least knocking out a Tapu Lele GX. This list has absolutely ZERO playtesting so it is NOT trustworthy at all.

Pokémon 17

3 Pyroar FBL
4 Litleo FBL
4 Salazzle GRI
4 Salandit GRI
1 Oranguru SUM
1 Turtonator GX GRI
2 Mimmikyu GRI

Energy 12

4 DCE
6 Fire Energy
2 Counter Energy

Trainers 31
3 Cynthia
4 Lillie
2 Kukui
3 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
3 Timer Ball
1 Choice Band
3 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Lysandre Labs

I am not running Sycamore or N in this list fearing it not being budget anymore. Feel free to switch out any amount of Lillie/Kukui for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

PokemonTCGLover

Aspiring Trainer
Bergmite Pyroar Paralysis Lock
Bergmite from FBL is a Water-type Pokémon with 60 HP. Its single attack deals 10 damage and says that if you discard a stadium card in play, it Paralyzes the defending Pokémon. Although such a Special Condition can be thrown off by evolution, Guzma or Acerola (most common methods besides Invasion), we play Pyroar to prevent Guzma and Parallel city to prevent Acerola. Pyroar has an ability that states that Pyroar is not affected by any Item or Supporter cards your opponent plays, so the ideal situation would be to have Bergmite Paralyzing in the Active and Pyroar sitting on the Bench to prevent a Guzma, yet protecting you from losing the game to no Active Pokémon to send out. Parallel City can reduce damage done by Bergmite by 20, meaning the opponent cannot Acerola their undamaged Pokémon. Paired with Lusamine and Skyla, we can consistently set up and stream this Paralysis lock. Despite the opponent being able to evolve, they will be able to score only one knockout, you will in turn continue locking them out. Some favourite in the list would be Counter Catcher for bringing up Dawn Wings and locking it, and a single Guzma for the same purpose. This list has not beenplaytested, so it is not a very trustworthy list to play.

Pokémon 12

4 Bergmite FBL
4 Litleo FBL
4 Pyroar FBL

Energy 10
10 Water Energy

Trainers 38
4 Skyla
4 Lusamine
1 Guzma
1 Lillie

4 Random Receiver
4 Nest Ball
4 Counter Catcher
4 Ultra Ball
4 Parallel City
4 Brooklet Hill
4 Mount Lanakila

The goal is to set up with Parallel T1 or T2 then start the lock immediately.

PokemonTCGLover

Aspiring Trainer
Bubble to the Bubble Trap!
Araquanid from FBL is a 100 HP Water-type Pokémon that evolves from Dewpider. It has two attacks. The first attack (Bubble) does 30 for a Water Energy and Paralyzes if a heads is flipped. The second attack (Bubble Trap) does 40 damage plus 80 more if Bubble was used last turn for a DCE. The aim of this deck is to Bubble with a Choice Band for 60 whilst Paralyzing then subsequently Bubble Trapping for 150 with a Choice Band for knockout on stuff like Zoroark, Buzzwole, and Golisopod, all very prevalent in today's meta. In order to give us a better chance at hitting a heads for the coin flip, we play Victini from GRI to give us a possible second chance. This list has not been tested so it is not very trusty, but do feel free to help me test it and review it!

Pokémon 13

4 Dewpider FBL
4 Araquanid FBL
3 Victini GRI
2 Oranguru SUM

Energy 10

10 Water Energy

Trainers 37

3 Cynthia
4 Lillie
3 Kukui
3 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
4 Choice Band
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Counter Catcher
2 Field Blower
2 Aqua Patch

4 Sea Of Nothingness

My personal favourite would be Sea Of Nothingness to stop evolution from knocking off the paralysis. Sycamore and N are not included to make it a budget list, but feel free to substitute any amount of Lillie/Kukui for them.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Pyroar Salazzle
Pyroar from FBL is a 120 HP Fire-type Pokémon with an ability which I will completely disregard despite it being rather useful (search it up on the net) and a single attack for a Fire Energy and a DCE, dealing 80 damage plus 60 damage if Lysandre Labs is in play. Lysandre Labs disables all effects of Pokémon Tool cards, meaning that we will not be able to enhance the 140 with a Choice Band, so I have decided to use Salazzle from GRI which Poisons and Burns the Defending Pokémon when it is evolved. This way, we can do 140 + 30 + x number, at least knocking out a Tapu Lele GX. This list has absolutely ZERO playtesting so it is NOT trustworthy at all.

Pokémon 17

3 Pyroar FBL
4 Litleo FBL
4 Salazzle GRI
4 Salandit GRI
1 Oranguru SUM
1 Turtonator GX GRI
2 Mimmikyu GRI

Energy 12

4 DCE
6 Fire Energy
2 Counter Energy

Trainers 31
3 Cynthia
4 Lillie
2 Kukui
3 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
3 Timer Ball
1 Choice Band
3 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Lysandre Labs

I am not running Sycamore or N in this list fearing it not being budget anymore. Feel free to switch out any amount of Lillie/Kukui for them.

Wouldn’t perhaps PROMO Lurantis be a more relaible option? It’s effect is permanent, and doesnt require to be re-evolved each turn.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
You are going to want at least 1 Pyroar BREAK so that you aren't one shot by a number of things. I actually have a build that uses Zoroark GX as a partner.

PokemonTCGLover

Aspiring Trainer
Great ideas! Think Promo Lurantis would be better too. AFEX could you add the updated ones instead?

Or just add it as a seperate list altogether

Pyroar Lurantis

Pyroar from FBL is a 120 HP Fire-type Pokémon with an ability which I will completely disregard despite it being rather useful (search it up on the net) and a single attack for a Fire Energy and a DCE, dealing 80 damage plus 60 damage if Lysandre Labs is in play. Lysandre Labs disables all effects of Pokémon Tool cards, meaning that we will not be able to enhance the 140 with a Choice Band, so I have decided to use the Promo Lurantis which increases damage done by [G] and [R] Pokémon by 20. This way, we can do 140 + up to 80, at least knocking out a Zoroark GX. In order to keep Pyroar alive for a while more, we have Pyroar BREAK to up its HP to 160 and to serve as a reliable 2nd attacker doing 180 for 3 Energies.This list has absolutely ZERO playtesting so it is NOT trustworthy at all.

Pokémon 17

3 Pyroar FBL
4 Litleo FBL
2 Pyroar BREAK
4 Lurantis PROMO
4 Fomantis SUM
1 Oranguru SUM
1 Turtonator GX GRI
1 Mimmikyu GRI

Energy 12

4 DCE
6 Fire Energy
1 Counter Energy

Trainers 31
3 Cynthia
4 Lillie
2 Kukui
3 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
3 Timer Ball
1 Choice Band
3 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Lysandre Labs

Counts of Pokemon and energy are inaccurate, sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
One thing I do like about Salazzle is that it can open the possibility of using Lysandre Prism Star which can be devastating.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
As my computer isnt working list additions will be delayed, thank you for your patience.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
One build I would like to see is a Quad Sylveon deck. Not the most beginner friendly but it is budget friendly and that new Sylveon from Forbidden Light would be fun to mess around with.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
For the Ultimate Metal Box deck, you could easily turn that into an Dusk Mane Necrozma deck. I would still keep the Kartana because Special Energy removal is never a bad thing. You could also remove the Brigette for Nest Balls since most of the main attackers are Basic.