Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't care about who's lynched at all? That's p scummy.

I disagree. Town's greatest weapon is the lynch; there is no reason not to lynch someone on day one. Why does it matter who it is? By day's end, that person will likely have been pressured enough to give us a good amount of information on their flip. If they're scum, great. If they're town, sucks to suck, but we'll be better informed for it. The odds are low but I will roll those dice every time.

As an aside, why did you guys claim? You were under zero pressure and could have kept your masonry a secret until we really needed it.

Though I guess having two clears by the end of day one is pretty nice, too.

Ok, I don't understand most of the things that happened last couple of hours. I will appreciate if you can answer these questions:

1) Why did Camo and Gekki suddenly claim?
2) What is that thing about neighbors and masons? And how are they related to Camo's and Gekki's claims?
3) Why does NP say that they are confotown now that they claimed?
4) How are they host-confirmed town?
5) According to Camo's passive ability he can't be lynched or nightkilled (only once). So why did he say the following if he would survive?
I play under the assumption that I will be NKd.

6) A general question. Can anybody explain me what is exactly a scumtell? I see that word in a lot of places but I'm not sure of its meaning.

I disagree. Town's greatest weapon is the lynch; there is no reason not to lynch someone on day one. Why does it matter who it is? By day's end, that person will likely have been pressured enough to give us a good amount of information on their flip. If they're scum, great. If they're town, sucks to suck, but we'll be better informed for it. The odds are low but I will roll those dice every time.

As an aside, why did you guys claim? You were under zero pressure and could have kept your masonry a secret until we really needed it.

Though I guess having two clears by the end of day one is pretty nice, too.
No, there isn't; but you should care who is lynched, since I'm sure you feel some are scummier than others.

We claimed because we were afraid we'd get lynched for the obvious buddying.

I claimed because there was no reason for me not to. Gekki probably shouldn't have claimed anything but mason. The act of me claiming was enough to confirm us basically.

lol I had no fear of being lynched. I just wanted to progress the day and provide more power behind the ninjas case. That's how confident I am.

They likely suddenly claimed because my speculation hit exactly on the truth.
2) What is that thing about neighbors and masons? And how are they related to Camo's and Gekki's claims?
Masons and Neighbors are people the share a chat outside the game. Masons know they share alignment, while neighbors are unsure.
Since they are Masons, they both know the other one is town. It's not a scum claim because Masons are by far the best kill targets, especially because Gekki is a huge PR.
Host confirmed them as town to eachother.
5) According to Camo's passive ability he can't be lynched or nightkilled (only once). So why did he say the following if he would survive?
Because he doesn't need to tell scum his ability and may as well try his hardest to bait the kill.
6) A general question. Can anybody explain me what is exactly a scumtell? I see that word in a lot of places but I'm not sure of its meaning.
Subconscious actions that people do that indicate that they are not trying to play towards the town win condition. For example, polarizing the town is something that town has no reason to do (and hurts it a ton), which is why people who try to do it are so often scum.

Ok, I don't understand most of the things that happened last couple of hours. I will appreciate if you can answer these questions:

1) See above.
2) Means we both know we're town and that we have a quick topic to discuss the game outside of thread.
3) I think NP meant to say obvtown (obvious town).
4) We asked jade if the other was town, and he said yes.
5) Because he wanted scum to direct the nightkill to him so there wasn't a nightkill.
6) A scum tell is a reason why you think someone is scummy, I.E "I have a scum tell on Professor_jplap for his lack of contribution".

The bb case is solid for a day one case. I would prefer his lynch over others.

Someone should ISO bb. I currently don't have the time but if no one has done it by later today I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back