• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Understandable, where did you see N was at $0.99, I would be happy to fix it for you! Some of the prices are out of proportion at the moment due to the fact that we're deciding what decks to keep/remove on the thread. This would make it a lot easier on me as the "pricer" of decks as that means I don't have to constantly update the price of 60+ decks every week. I will fix the N for the moment as that is a card that is in almost every deck, but I think once we weed out all of the decks we don't need, I'll either list just the total price or give a somewhat vague rating (such as expensive, cheap, etc.) since the price of each and every individual card isn't really necessary.
It was on the Reuniclus/Talonflame deck, but there was also 1 N for 27 cents in Heatmor/Raichu. Probably a lot more, but these were just 2 that I noticed.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
It was on the Reuniclus/Talonflame deck, but there was also 1 N for 27 cents in Heatmor/Raichu. Probably a lot more, but these were just 2 that I noticed.

So it turns out that I didn't price either of those decks, that would be @Professor_jplap. I will be sure to let him know though, thanks for pointing it out (by the way @Professor_jplap, if you are reading this I would suggest if you didn't already use the prices on TCGPlayer.com as they are more accurate than sites like Ebay if you happened to have used those. Just a suggestion.)!

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
So it turns out that I didn't price either of those decks, that would be @Professor_jplap. I will be sure to let him know though, thanks for pointing it out (by the way @Professor_jplap, if you are reading this I would suggest if you didn't already use the prices on TCGPlayer.com as they are more accurate than sites like Ebay if you happened to have used those. Just a suggestion.)!

I was using TCGPlayer prices.

PokemonTCGLover

Aspiring Trainer
Solgaleo/Magearna Decklist

Solgaleo is a 160 HP Metal-type Pokémon with two attacks. Its first attack, for 1 Metal and 1 Colourless Energy, reads " This attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon)". Its second attack, for 2 Metal and 1 Colourless Energy, reads " Fangs of the Sunne : 170. This Pokémon can't use Fangs of the Sunne during your next turn."
Magearna (ULP) is a 90 HP Metal-type Pokémon with an Ability and 1 attack. Its Ability reads " Once your turn (before your attack), you may put a Pokémon Tool card attached to 1 of your Pokémon into your hand." Its attack is irrelevant.
The strategy is to use Solgaleo's second attack with a Choice Band for 200 (210 with Dhelmise) then during the next turn switch it using Magearna's Ability for a Float Stone, retreat into another Solgaleo and attack, or into another Pokémon and Guzma.

POKEMON 18

4× COSMOG SUM
3× COSMOEM SUM
4× SOLGALEO GRI
3× MAGEARNA ULP
2× DHELMISE GRI
1× TAPU KOKO PROMO
1× SOLGALEO PRISM STAR ULP

ENERGY 10

10× BASIC METAL ENERGY

TRAINERS 32

3× CYNTHIA ULP
2× SYCAMORE BKP
2× N FCO
3× GUZMA BUS
2× SKYLA BKT
4× ULTRA BALL SUM
3× CHOICE BAND GRI
3× FLOAT STONE
2× FIELD BLOWER
1× RESCUE STRETCHER GRI
3× RARE CANDY SUM
2× POKEMON FAN CLUB/BRIGETTE
2× RANDOM RECEIVER

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Solgaleo/Magearna Decklist

Solgaleo is a 160 HP Metal-type Pokémon with two attacks. Its first attack, for 1 Metal and 1 Colourless Energy, reads " This attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon)". Its second attack, for 2 Metal and 1 Colourless Energy, reads " Fangs of the Sunne : 170. This Pokémon can't use Fangs of the Sunne during your next turn."
Magearna (ULP) is a 90 HP Metal-type Pokémon with an Ability and 1 attack. Its Ability reads " Once your turn (before your attack), you may put a Pokémon Tool card attached to 1 of your Pokémon into your hand." Its attack is irrelevant.
The strategy is to use Solgaleo's second attack with a Choice Band for 200 (210 with Dhelmise) then during the next turn switch it using Magearna's Ability for a Float Stone, retreat into another Solgaleo and attack, or into another Pokémon and Guzma.

POKEMON 18

4× COSMOG SUM
3× COSMOEM SUM
4× SOLGALEO GRI
3× MAGEARNA ULP
2× DHELMISE GRI
1× TAPU KOKO PROMO
1× SOLGALEO PRISM STAR ULP

ENERGY 10

10× BASIC METAL ENERGY

TRAINERS 32

3× CYNTHIA ULP
2× SYCAMORE BKP
2× N FCO
3× GUZMA BUS
2× SKYLA BKT
4× ULTRA BALL SUM
3× CHOICE BAND GRI
3× FLOAT STONE
2× FIELD BLOWER
1× RESCUE STRETCHER GRI
3× RARE CANDY SUM
2× POKEMON FAN CLUB/BRIGETTE
2× RANDOM RECEIVER

How can you guarantee that Float or Guzma?

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Yo add Heatran Magnazone as I have said a long time ago, here's a list:

Pokemon: 16

4x Heatran (ULP)
3x Magnazone (ULP)
2x Magnatone (ULP)
3x Magnamite (ULP) (Take no bench damage one)
2x Octillery (BT)
2x Remoraid (BT)

Trainers:

4x Professor Sycamore (BP)
2x Cynthia (ULP)
1x N (FCO)
2x Guzma
2x Bridgette
1x Cyrus Prism Star (ULP) 12

4x Ultra Ball (SUM)
4x Rare candy (SUM)
2x Field Blower (GAR)
2x Rescue Stretcher (GAR) 12

3x Choice band (GAR)
2x Float Stone (BT)

4x Mount Coranet (ULP) 9

Energy: 11

11 Metal Energy

So, this deck (if you didn't know) uses the Heatran from Ultra Prism's second attack for 130 and discard 2 energy on it, so I paired it with the Magnazone from ULP and Mount coranet to cycle energy evergy turn. I guess this deck is sort of budget because there's no Leles but, Yeah add this NOW.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Updated Shatter Shotgun to be more effective.

Pokémon - 17
  • 3 Cosmog SUM
  • 1 Cosmoem SUM
  • 3 Lunala GX SUM
  • 1 Lunala {*} ULP
  • 2 Drampa GRI
  • 2 Rayquaza GRI
  • 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI
  • 2 Zorua SHL
  • 2 Zoroark GX SHL
Trainer - 31
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Choice Band
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 2 Guzma
  • 2 Energy Recycler
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Altar of the Moone
Energy - 12
  • 10 Psychic
  • 2 Counter Energy
Cost: ~$72

This updated deck takes advantage of Prism Star Lunala's Psystorm attack and also adds Zoroark GX as a backup attacker plus draw support. I use Pokemon Fan Club here to keep the cost down compared to Brigette and because it's easier to find. The main strategy here is to get energy onto the field as quickly as possible, play Lunala GX and Lunala Prism as fast as possible, slap a Fighting Fury Belt onto Lunala Prism and go to town.

That said, if you've got money to burn, you can replace the two Rayquazas with Tapu Leles and PFC with Brigette.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Updated Shatter Shotgun to be more effective.

Pokémon - 17
  • 3 Cosmog SUM
  • 1 Cosmoem SUM
  • 3 Lunala GX SUM
  • 1 Lunala {*} ULP
  • 2 Drampa GRI
  • 2 Rayquaza GRI
  • 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI
  • 2 Zorua SHL
  • 2 Zoroark GX SHL
Trainer - 31
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Choice Band
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 2 Guzma
  • 2 Energy Recycler
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Altar of the Moone
Energy - 12
  • 10 Psychic
  • 2 Counter Energy
Cost: ~$72

This updated deck takes advantage of Prism Star Lunala's Psystorm attack and also adds Zoroark GX as a backup attacker plus draw support. I use Pokemon Fan Club here to keep the cost down compared to Brigette and because it's easier to find. The main strategy here is to get energy onto the field as quickly as possible, play Lunala GX and Lunala Prism as fast as possible, slap a Fighting Fury Belt onto Lunala Prism and go to town.

That said, if you've got money to burn, you can replace the two Rayquazas with Tapu Leles and PFC with Brigette.

Price this deck again please, Zoro is expennnsive right now.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Hey yall, if you want to suggest a deck, make a new thread with the title [CTFC] deck name. Then, add the link to the google form on the original post. This way, we keep the thread nice and clean, and all that other stuffs. Thanks!

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Where's Hetaran/Magnazone??? adding decks here is such a pain that I'm just giving up.

I'm out Fam. \_>o<_/

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Price this deck again please, Zoro is expennnsive right now.

I price-checked it and most of the ones I'm seeing are around $11, which I included in the price. Can someone provide a second opinion?

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Where's Hetaran/Magnazone??? adding decks here is such a pain that I'm just giving up.

I'm out Fam. \_>o<_/
We are currently "remodeling", so recently posted decks will take a while to be posted. If you would like us to post it faster, read this post.
Hey yall, if you want to suggest a deck, make a new thread with the title [CTFC] deck name. Then, add the link to the google form on the original post. This way, we keep the thread nice and clean, and all that other stuffs. Thanks!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!

I'm out Fam. \_>o<_/

Dude, chill, we're remodeling the thread be patient. there is a wait time right now, due to this.

Adding decks is not a pain, just wait.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!

I'm out Fam. \_>o<_/

We are currently changing this thread to better suit the community. At the moment, we are finalizing which decks to remove, not adding more decks. Once we are finished with this, we will move on to updating the decks. I will let you know when we are finished with the first stage and have created a thread for your deck (if you still want it). Sorry for the delay!

I price-checked it and most of the ones I'm seeing are around $11, which I included in the price. Can someone provide a second opinion?

Agreed, Zoroark GX is around $10.50 on TCGPlayer.com.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
For the record, a decklist shouldn't need to have [CFTC] in its title for it to be included in this compilation. People should post here if they post a deck in the Deck Garage that they think should be listed here, giving some justification as to why, as well as a link to the thread. ;)