News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Is the translation for torterra wrong? The card clearly says 180 on it for the second attack, not 100.

That sounds really petulant. Thanks for the translations, just wondering.

Pal pad makes Garchomp less awful in standard, but you'll probably need to run 4 lele's with it. Even then, that 3 attack cost seems like a lot when Empoleon is staring at you ready to hit 200 for only a counter energy.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Is the translation for torterra wrong? The card clearly says 180 on it for the second attack, not 100.

That sounds really petulant. Thanks for the translations, just wondering.

Pal pad makes Garchomp less awful in standard, but you'll probably need to run 4 lele's with it. Even then, that 3 attack cost seems like a lot when Empoleon is staring at you ready to hit 200 for only a counter energy.
Don't forget Lucario can grab anything from the deck if you have Garchomp up.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Fan Club is a big troll to people who want babies to return by featuring Bonsly :( We haven't had any babies since CoL

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
  • Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon - Max of 120with a full bench for 2 isn't enough to OHKO Big decks, except Fire Decks. 3 Geodudes
@Mr. Rhyperior i think you read it wrong
Its 20 Damage times the number of EACH players benched pokemon (both yours and your opponents). So 5 benched pokemon per person for a total of 10 benched pokemon possible, so max 230 damage with a choice band. And this is a viable deck with captivating poke puff (so yay?)

Registeel379

Aspiring Trainer
Dusk Mane Necrozma
Dawn Wings Necrozma
FA Celesteela GX
FA Xurkitree GX
FA Pheramosa GX

Glaceon GX
Leafeon GX
Dialga GX
Palkia GX
???

I'm sure people are going to complain, but I really think the 3 UBs that haven't been confirmed yet are the full arts of the UB promos we currently have. That would make the most sense at this point because if we were going to get Blacephalon, Stakataka, and Naganadel they would've shown up here. Since the only cards that haven't shown up are some remaining full arts, it just makes sense. I will say the only unknown is that 10th GX. No clue about that.

Yes, but they have already released as full arts in GX Battle Boost ???

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
Isn't random reciever in standard?
If you only play Cynthia you can really easy grab her. ;)

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
....Sorry - that Passimian is broken. To explain:

3 Ability Passimian on the Bench, one Teamplay Passimian Active, plus Choice Band does 220 Damage. Add a Regirock-EX, and that KO's Gardevior-GX.

All with one meager DCE.

The biggest part is how quick this could set up: With Brooklet Hill, Brigette, Dex Rotom, etc., this could easily OHKO GX basics turn one, all while only giving up one Prize if struck back. Of course, one Rescue Stretcher brings back the attacker to reuse.

Because of that, this impending strategy reminds me too much of Night March. Prepare to see Alolan Muk appear. >_>

Grear Bylls

Aspiring Trainer
Can't wait to use the new Potion from this set. A free punch against your opponent? That's insane! Also, those dragons gotta watch out. I think Dairy's gonna be real popular soon.

But in all seriousness, this set isn't that great imo

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Wait... I'm assuming Infernape's ability stacks? So if I have two Infernape on the field then my burn damage is doing 120 between turns? If so, that's actually a super good card! For only two Energy and two Infernape on the field, you're doing 170 damage, maybe more during your opponent's turn if the burn sticks. Add a Choice Band and you got 200. If it stacks, I could actually see it being played as a viable non-GX deck.
it doesnt stack, if you read the fine print it says, it will only increase to 6 , not like seviper which adds an extra poison counter for each seviper, Same thing with the volcorna which essentially has a weaker ability. This pontentially can be in a burn/poison deck assuming the opponent isnt using any special conditon negating effects. But this requires you to have tons of pokemon like salazzle, Nihiligo.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
....Sorry - that Passimian is broken. To explain:

3 Ability Passimian on the Bench, one Teamplay Passimian Active, plus Choice Band does 220 Damage. Add a Regirock-EX, and that KO's Gardevior-GX.

All with one meager DCE.

The biggest part is how quick this could set up: With Brooklet Hill, Brigette, Dex Rotom, etc., this could easily OHKO GX basics turn one, all while only giving up one Prize if struck back. Of course, one Rescue Stretcher brings back the attacker to reuse.

Because of that, this impending strategy reminds me too much of Night March. Prepare to see Alolan Muk appear. >_>
the ability on works on evolved pokemon, so it wouldnt knock out certain gx, or EX, that are basic. IF MISSING CLOVERS EFFECT IS TRUE, YOU can only use it once per game. i can possibly see you getting a free prizes in 1 term with the effect of trainer mail, skyla, ORDER pad possibly, rotom dex, kartana and or latios in expanded.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
The empoleon looks like a pretty descent card many paired with its break, does anybody see a problem being able to stack Infernapes ability.

Yep, sadly. It doesn’t say the opponent’s Activr Pokémon takes 4 more damage counters per turn, it says they take six. So however many Infernape in play, the burned Pokémon will always take 6 damage counters.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
OMG, EMPOLEON! YES EMPOLEON DECKS ARE BACK BABAY!!!!

WATER COMMAND DECKS ARE BACKKKKK