News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

SucyX

A Legit Seed
looks like the 3 other ubs are just the full arts from battle boost LIKE I SAID BEFORE AND NO ONE BELIEVED ME
but its hard to say what the other two gxs are

Etunes

Aspiring Trainer
( the GXes are really meh though)

I think it is what i like about this set. The GX are the ones that (as of right now) are not anything special. It focuses more on the normal cards.

I mean not looking on the list again i am excited for multiple cards. Especially salazzle/infernape.

By the way i think this is the set we may see pollisand GX and Alolan Raticate GX be squeezed in. Seems pretty likely with missing exactly 2 GX.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
there will be no GX full art?but I wanted dusk mane necrozma gx FA

Some of the full arts still haven't been uploaded yet. I'm almost positive we'll get full arts for both new Necrozma.

This set is definitely more focused on non-GX cards, which is cool. I think the GXs are all cool too, with three of them definitely being playable and worthy to build a deck around (Dusk Mane Necrozma, Glaceon, and Leafeon).

Etunes

Aspiring Trainer
Hippopotas = meme deck?

Lol when you mentioned that i finally read the attack of that pokemon. With "Last ditch take down" you could do up to 210 damage with a choice band with that pokemon if your almost out of cards. That would be a great way to win a game. Lol

Bella

Fairy Type Queen
I just have to say one thing. WHY is torterra the one starter not to be viable (atleast at this point) out of the 3. He is my favorite Q_Q

Torterra plus lurantis promo. With choice band deal 160 damage then heal 160 damage each turn. Sounds not bad to me.

I had the same combo with tangrowth who has a similar attack, and it works pretty well. Excited to try a torterra varient.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Hippopotas = meme deck?
It could be an actual deck in expanded. You can use cards like Shaymin, battle compressor, acrobike, trainer's mail and more to burn through your deck and then combo CRI Starmie with Brooklet hill to never deck out. ( Evolve into Starmie => Shuffle it back into the deck => Get the Staryu back with Brooklet => Repeat next turn)

I'm so excited to try and make this work. I love card design like this :D

Last edited:

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Where are Blacephalon, Stakataka and Naganadel? We were promised 10 GX's, including 5 UB's?

Dusk Mane Necrozma
Dawn Wings Necrozma
FA Celesteela GX
FA Xurkitree GX
FA Pheramosa GX

Glaceon GX
Leafeon GX
Dialga GX
Palkia GX
???

I'm sure people are going to complain, but I really think the 3 UBs that haven't been confirmed yet are the full arts of the UB promos we currently have. That would make the most sense at this point because if we were going to get Blacephalon, Stakataka, and Naganadel they would've shown up here. Since the only cards that haven't shown up are some remaining full arts, it just makes sense. I will say the only unknown is that 10th GX. No clue about that.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
There's a lot of cute things in this set; Glaceon GX piques my interest most and the new Alolan Sandslash could make for a silly pet deck, as well as Garchomp/Lucario/Cynthia. Some neat non-GX fires, too.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
This set should have gotten the name "Metal Invasion". With this decent support of "one set decks" it will be interesting to see the impact it brings.

Cameron Shenoy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'm not sure if many of these Ultra Prisms cards are playable. Especially the energy card. i guess at worst its just a Rainbow but pulling off it's requirements for 4 rainbow is quite hard. Typically if you set up 3 stage 2s you're already in a dominant board state. I guess this would just be the nail in the coffin for the opponent.

Ryn7321

real magnet hours
Pretty sure that Pal Pad is gonna be incredibly viable, with Lele in standard you can play Pal Pad and then just Wonder Tag one of the supporters you shuffled in. Order Pad could potentially be usable to grab Pal Pads, but likely won't see much play. I'm anticipating Pal Pad, Mysterious Fossil, Order Pad, and maybe the dumb skateboard as secret rares. Maybe the secret rare unit energies also? (Also quite hopeful we'll see a full arts or secret rares for prism stars, the art is mediocre for most of them.)