News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Palkia is not confirmed and I don't think Palkia will be in the set. I think the last 2 are Solgaleo and Lunala
The version counterparts always there like if there's Solgaleo, there's Lunala. It doesn't make sense that Dialga is in the set while it's version counterpart, Palkia isn't. (I still hate the fact that VEs exist, though)

Will this replace lele at all? I can’t tell because it is basiclly shaymin
No. At least you need one copy to set up.

i think it would be better to not have free retreat. You hard retreat three energy to a dusk mane necrozma, use metal stadium to bring it to hand, and magnezone them to dusk mane to attack again. I think it is a one of in the Dusk Mane Necrozma Magnezone deck. That you dont have to use it for its other attacks. And that makes Neco Magnezone an even scarier deck.

Your whole statement is completely wrong. This card is fricking incredible. With how much metal support we've been receiving this card is going to be complete bonkers, especially with that GX attack, using that strategy @Ilir Nikqi was talking about. Mount Coronet, Magnezone, Dusk Mane Necrozma, the New Solgaleo, Registeel, all can help power that gigantic GX attack cost. I would HIGHLY consider 3-3.5 Geodudes Mr. Rhyperior.

You know, you're right. I am just underestimating Dialga, due to how expensive their attacks are. If Ninja Boy is legal for months, you can swap Dialga to Dusk Mane on your extra turn, for the sake of efficiency. Then, Key Mountain (Mt. Coronet, because it was the key location in DPPt for Team Plasma Arc) and Magnezone will manage the Energy. If we don't get Cool Solgaleo in ULP, It's fine. Yeah I give it 3-4 Geodudes.

NOTE: We don't give half-Geodudes, they'll Self-Destruct themselves.

@steffenka , this is the 5th time.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
The version counterparts always there like if there's Solgaleo, there's Lunala. It doesn't make sense that Dialga is in the set while it's version counterpart, Palkia isn't. (I still hate the fact that VEs exist, though)
Ahem... PHF and BKP would like to have a word with you. Also, let's not forget, in Japan all sets so far have had 4 GXs each. Meaning 2 would not be from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, likely Solgaleo and Lunala

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
the ratticate could actually be used as a card to get max elexir out of the discard pile if you are in a bad game positon

AFEX

Serena is too cute!

No. At least you need one copy to set up.

You know, you're right. I am just underestimating Dialga, due to how expensive their attacks are. If Ninja Boy is legal for months, you can swap Dialga to Dusk Mane on your extra turn, for the sake of efficiency. Then, Key Mountain (Mt. Coronet, because it was the key location in DPPt for Team Plasma Arc) and Magnezone will manage the Energy. If we don't get Cool Solgaleo in ULP, It's fine. Yeah I give it 3-4 Geodudes.

NOTE: We don't give half-Geodudes, they'll Self-Destruct themselves.

@steffenka , this is the 5th time.

Why do I feel like you ARE google from google? Your ratings when it comes to Geodudes are awfully familar to google's...

Last edited:

Marowhacker

@MarowhackerTCG on twitter
Wow.
-Mysterious fossil mechanics are back. I appreciate that.
-Bastiodon. Pokemon, we get it. Stop with the metal love now.
-Rampardos. Definitely a fan of this one, 2 incredible attacks, just could be a little clunky. Buzzwole/Rampardos beatdown deck anyone?
-Gardenia. Underwhelming is an understatement.

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
60 HP robo subs. Awesome! Does the old ruling of being allowed to have this as the starting pokemon during setup still apply?

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
I am absolutely floored right now.

Mysterious Fossil is back?

This isn't a joke thread?

Reality is real?

Fossils can actually exist as a deck now if this goes through. Really great news!

Also, Rampardos is pretty solid, it always has been a favorite of mine and this one looks pretty useful.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
I'm glad to see them moving away from double typed Dragon Energy costs. As soon as they introduced both Noivern and Kommo-o GX they became unplayable later the same year because DDE rotated. I like the fix they're going for, make them require one type of energy, but it be the energy of their other primary type. It allows them to be teched, and even be played at all. I hope they decide to either reprint or make new Noivern and Kommo-o GX cards. Also, cannot wait to see Dragons that are weak to Dragon, the fact that they are all weak to Fairy makes it improbable for them to become meta. Also can we get Fairy Types that are weak to Psychic, to match up with the Poison Type in the TCG?
In fairness Kommo-o was unplayable before the rotation.

PieterPie

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for understanding. I had a moment where I was wondering if I came off as a jerk at any point. :oops: You have to be right about eventual new great Supporters, though, because like I mentioned, we've kind of got slim pickings after the next rotation.

I'm fine with there being chase cards like Shaymin and Tapu Lele. Getting those can be frustrating for many people, though. While I was somehow fortunate enough to have pulled 4 Shaymins, I am currently at a whopping 1 Tapu Lele. :rolleyes: I guess, personally, there's just a difference between an ultra rare being expensive because it's good and a Trainer card being expensive because it's good and the rarity in the set was higher than it usually should be.

I'm also hoping I didn't come off as a jerk. I guess I didn't think of it that way, like honestly regular EX and GX just don't seem special anymore, because if they aren't playable, they are worth as much as a non-holo staple trainer.

On the other hand, it would be brutal to make cynthia a "chase card". If there was only a full art, then prices would be crazy high. I guess the current system with low rarity and full art options is working well, so it would be best to do that, especially for a good trainer.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
It's about time Rampardos came back; the last Rampardos card before this particular one was in Rising Rivals as one of Roark's Pokemon. It was a sin for Bastiodon to be in Steam Siege, but not Rampardos. They're basically counterparts, for Arceus' sake.

That being said, I like the new Rampardos' attacks. It threatens basics with a KO (especially basic GXs) and 2 shot potential on evolved Pokemon.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
this dialga GX attack is the best attack in standard currently. it is a perfect setup, draw AND prize taking attack, allowing you to evolve the pokemon you evolved or played during the last turn, use another supporter/once-per-turn abilities, and aim to grab 3-4 prize cards in the turn. wow

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Rampardos - the first attack is a better version of Burning Shadows Machamp's Cross-Cut while the second attack is the nerfed version of Stormfront Machamp's Take Out. Yeah, this card makes like Machamp. I wish the ACs of the attacks were swapped. Remember how Machamp from Stormfront was great? It is because its Take Out costs for 1 Fighting Energy. In Rampardos' case, it was FFF, which is expensive in my case (I don't count Carbink BREAK) 2-3 Geodudes
  • Bastiodon - The ability is the better version of Xurkitree but for Metal type, which is great, but come on! Another Metal type again? Another Broski Threat? 3 Geodudes
  • Mysterious Fossil - the old fossil mechanic is back. Yeah, it's another Gen 4 reference because this mechanic last seen on the Gen 4 era. Does it mean that Fossils will become great? Hopefully. Because of that, Stage 1s like Tyrantrum will become Stage 2s due to this old fossil mechanic. 3 Geodudes
  • Gardenia - It's Lana for Grass-types but better. 3 Geodudes