News Ravaged Plains from SM4 Revealed!

Dragons need to have support but DDE has definitely made it such that Dragons have to be heavily nerfed. I'm hoping that an alternative to DDE comes about actually.
What decks were overpowered with DDE? I think Dragon is a very underpowered type. The only major Dragon decks were RayEels and Darkrai Dragons.

What decks were overpowered with DDE? I think Dragon is a very underpowered type. The only major Dragon decks were RayEels and Darkrai Dragons.
The main thing is that Dragons couldn't be made strong because of DDE. Thus, the only good dragon was Giratina. Thus, there is a need for a weaker buff to dragons so that more powerful and creative dragons can be implemented.

The main thing is that Dragons couldn't be made strong because of DDE. Thus, the only good dragon was Giratina. Thus, there is a need for a weaker buff to dragons so that more powerful and creative dragons can be implemented.
How would a weaker buff make Dragons stronger than a stronger buff?

How would a weaker buff make Dragons stronger than a stronger buff?
Dragons have incredibly high attack costs with terrible payoffs. Just look at Kommo O GX as a popular example. Dragon attack costs were always created bearing in mind that DDE exists. So they were always too high.

Removing DDE means that the makers would have more creative freedom to create better mixed type attack costs that are actually attainable and give a decent payoff for the investment.

This is a typical dragon type cost now:
m-garchomp-ex-xy-promos-xy168.jpg
With DDE, the makers cannot make cards that can swing for a single energy attachment. They thus put in convoluted mixed attack costs, basically needing like two DDE attachments or more than four mixed energy costs.

Without DDE, the makers can make cards with more efficient attack costs solely because people now need to use two types of basic energy and more than one energy is needed. I look to this card as reference for a more powerful dragon type attack cost:
garchomp-legendary-treasures-ltr-96-ptcgo-1.png
I imagine that Dragons with this kind of attack cost can be made for Basics and Stage 1s without DDE. Without the threat of dragons swinging for one attachment, Dragons could be designed with more reasonable and efficient energy costs rather than the costs that we currently see which are impossible to meet with just basic energy.

Last edited:
Calling it right now: We get a Double Dragon Energy reprint either here or in SM4+. I just hope that this Stadium and my prediction aren't the only Support Dragons get. We only got 1 Set of Dragon support in the XY era (Roaring Skies), which is worrying. It's not a bad start, but it's certainly not at the same level as the support for more or less every other type right now.
I'm calling it that we will get it in SM5 but definitely not SM4

This would be way better if the attack was only [C][C], and it's really too bad that nothing relevant has lightning weakness. Cool ability though!

Could become a great card once there are more tier 1 decks weak to electric, but for now, the 3 attack cost seems too much :/

Sigh, all the components for a psychic type Alolan Raichu and instead we get another electric one. Nothing wrong with the card itself all things considered, just would have preferred it be psychic type.

so basically it has the exact same attack as Oranguru only it does 70 base... still a terrible Pokemon because Oranguru is a basic, and this a stage 1, even in Raichu-GX decks I 10 times rather play an Oranguru as I would play this Raichu. When will Alolan Raichu (GX) finally be playable ;-;

Back