News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
Yes, RR Decidueye
Now all we need is a RR Shaymin GX with set up for 7 (like Uxie) and a RR base set charizard
oh, can't forget the RR illustrator cards too

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Truly it's n0t unbalance Because of Decidueye/ Vileplume being one of the top decks in the format. It can't beat it. And for the ones with electric weakness electric seems to be a solid type with Tapu Koko GX and Jolteon EX
I forgot about it´s weakness, so you have a point. But I would have to disagree about electric- that has got to be one of the worst types right now! I don´t think Tapu Koko will see much play, and Jolteon is mainly a one of in Lock/Toolbox kind of decks. But hey, it´s way better than steel, which only has stuff like Solgaleo and Mega Scizor, and Psychic except for Mega Mewtwo.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
I forgot about it´s weakness, so you have a point. But I would have to disagree about electric- that has got to be one of the worst types right now! I don´t think Tapu Koko will see much play, and Jolteon is mainly a one of in Lock/Toolbox kind of decks. But hey, it´s way better than steel, which only has stuff like Solgaleo and Mega Scizor, and Psychic except for Mega Mewtwo.

Tapu Koko is a card I've had to talk about twice now... once during my set analysis, and once during the Acerola analysis.

Tapu Koko's GX attack will OHKO Darkrai, Yveltal, Mega Mewtwo... anything that stacks energy.
His 130 damage attack will OHKO M Ray and Yveltal, due to weakness.
It 2HKOs everything else...
and the Tapus have no weakness.
When Acerola comes out, you can basically Max Potion it, as the ability allows you to instantly reset it.
The only flaw the card has, is it technically uses 3 attachments, though we can use Electrode to attack turn 1 (if you want to run Wally).

P.S. Mega Gardevoir is also Psychic~

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder what would be better:

-Buy packs until you get the secret rares to collect, or
-Best to buy them. Hm...

But buying packs and opening is so fun. lol
Volcanion reks quad Lapras and mewtwo is better with shrine of memories
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Silly me. Then maybe for other Psychics (Espeon GX, Lunala GX. Am I missing any?)

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Koko is a card I've had to talk about twice now... once during my set analysis, and once during the Acerola analysis.

Tapu Koko's GX attack will OHKO Darkrai, Yveltal, Mega Mewtwo... anything that stacks energy.
His 130 damage attack will OHKO M Ray and Yveltal, due to weakness.
It 2HKOs everything else...
and the Tapus have no weakness.
When Acerola comes out, you can basically Max Potion it, as the ability allows you to instantly reset it.
The only flaw the card has, is it technically uses 3 attachments, though we can use Electrode to attack turn 1 (if you want to run Wally).

P.S. Mega Gardevoir is also Psychic~

I´m not saying Tapu Koko is bad- it´s solid card- but I don´t think it will be played too much. You have a point- late game you can literally just play it down to your bench and get a virtually effortless OHKO.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
I´m not saying Tapu Koko is bad- it´s solid card- but I don´t think it will be played too much. You have a point- late game you can literally just play it down to your bench and get a virtually effortless OHKO.

It honestly needs a strong shell... Raikou could pull it off though. Maybe it will see more play in Expanded, with the Raikou eels deck.
Though, Standard Raikou isn't toooo bad, and with Acerola... it could be it's own deck.
It does have the support of the new stadium, giving it 20 resistance.

Would be really interesting if we see it in a non-electric deck.
ex. Mega Rayquaza running lightning energy.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
They should ban Turtonator GX, it's OP with Steam up

Not necessarily...Its decent strategy more than being ban-worthy. Its definitely no shiftry NXD or Trump Card. It would only be banned if it broke the format.

Anyways...I may as well just but singles at this point because really, 24 (including starters) secrets is impossible out of packs. Oh well, at least the GXs will likely be mostly cheap, if the first sun and moon set tells me anything. Worried about all the Sr items except maybe hammers...DCE Lele and decidueye are also concerning in price.

I wonder what would be better:

-Buy packs until you get the secret rares to collect, or
-Best to buy them. Hm...

But buying packs and opening is so fun. lol

If yiu want all the ultra raees definitely buy singles. But of course if you want buy some packs here and there but buying singles is always the way to go.

BIGZ44

Aspiring Trainer
the translation for altar of the moone is wrong. The picture shows the psychic and darkness symbols, but the translation says that it works with psychic and metal energy

Loaf of Slakoth

BREAD is loafing around!
In my opinion, all of the GXs are terrible. I find it interesting that they've steered away from the XY "random OP stage 1/2 and OP Ultra". Maybe they're trying to make the cards weaker and steering away from OHKOs?
EDIT: Oh, never mind, Tapu Lele-GX.

Last edited:

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
In my opinion, all of the GXs are terrible. I find it interesting that they've steered away from the XY "random OP stage 1/2 and OP Ultra". Maybe they're trying to make the cards weaker and steering away from OHKOs?
There's a number here that are pretty lackluster or bad but you really cannot say ALL of them here are terrible.

Nobodyshero2727

Pleaing to Greatness
Wishwishi Gx, Toxopex Gx and Vikavolt Gx are bad too.

Except from lele, the value of trainers > Gx in this set

How about Sylveon-gx, Drampa-gx, Turtonator-GX, Lycanroc-gx, and Ninetales-gx, all great cards. So many possible deck builds and Sylveon-gx is going to be a crazy deck, just you wait.

Ioniccipher

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
18010290_10154816699548882_8929777386465666313_n.jpg

Loaf of Slakoth

BREAD is loafing around!
There's a number here that are pretty lackluster or bad but you really cannot say ALL of them here are terrible.
I guess that's true. What I meant is that none of them look like they'll be used in every meta deck or anything. They're not overpowered like many Mega Evolutions and Pokémon-BREAK were.
EDIT: There weren't any Pokemon that were always used in every XY-era meta deck(except Shaymin). Sorry

Last edited: