News Marshadow Officially Revealed! New Movie 20 Trailer!

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
What the heck is up with this movie? Did not expect Marshadow at all.
With Marshadow already revealed, I'm now thinking Sun & Moon might actually be the only Gen 7 games, which is annoying.
On the other hand, the 2 new supporting characters having Piplup and Lucario of all things gives me hope about "Sinnoh Confirmed".

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
My theory was 87℅ right. The first movie per each Gen features Stage 2 Starters. See, Incineroar is in the movie. So that means Decidueye and Primarina will also in the movie.
What I mean is
  • Darkrai Movie, first movie of Gen 4 ft. Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon.
  • Victini Movies, first movies of Gen 5 ft. Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott.
  • Diancie Movie, first movie of Gen 6 ft. Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja.
So my theory matches this one.

On Marshadow, that is a shocker!! I expect to be in next year's movie.
Oh well, I can't wait for Eng Dub of the movie this November.

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
My theory was 87℅ right. The first movie per each Gen features Stage 2 Starters.

3 and 6 doesn't.

But on a whole, yeah that was kinda obvious. They do it as the regular anime won't get to them for a while so they can shill merch of them.

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
Hope for a misty return!!
So did I, but it doesn't seem likely now.
Guess they want the new fans to know how Ash started his journey (sort of), but not to ask for old characters to return... History is heavy, they even dropped in-game national Pokedex.

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, never expected Marshadow to be revealed this early. Does this mean gen 7 is already nearing its end? My guess now is that at most we'll get Sun/Moon continuation like Black2/White2 and that's it. Gen 8, in my opinion, will be on Switch and it will get kickstarted either by Diamond/Pearl remakes (but much more elaborate than FRLG, ORAS) or by a new game with a new region. All that's left to do now is wait for more information. Ps. why can't Ash look like this in regular Sun and Moon anime?

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Ugh this gen 4 remakes thing is getting increasingly likely and that makes me increasingly upset.

Blakey Alex

Aspiring Trainer
Great Trailer with a mix of the old school and new school Pokemon and Marshadow looks like a awesome pokemon

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh this gen 4 remakes thing is getting increasingly likely and that makes me increasingly upset.
I couldn't agree more. If they are already moving on from gen 7 (and evidence suggests that they are considering Marshadow was the last pokemon that had to be revealed) it would be much better if they went for a new region with new pokemon for Switch, not a 'nostalgia' factor. This is coming from someone who LOVES D/P/Plt.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
So Gen 7 is all here! Only 2 mythical Pokémon, Magearna (that was given immediately) and now Marshadow, when Gen 6 had 3 mythical Pokémon that were distributed in ~3 years, wow! So let's get ready for Sun Moon sequels, where we will know Necrozma's real form and story, like Kyurem back in the days.

Blakey Alex

Aspiring Trainer
Marshadow was announced before Sun and Moon was released so it looks like Sun and Moon stuff is coming to an end so the remakes must on their way soon

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
Well, that was early, compared to 4th gen Arceus which wasnt official until 2009 and the games was released in 2006

GigaGarchomp

Dragon Tamer
I can't wait for Marshadow in game, and I can't wait for the Movie! But did anyone notice the Pikachu's at the end? It looked like there was a code for them or something..

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
This makes me wonder whenever the distributions for both Marshadow and Ash Pikachu will be...

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I couldn't agree more. If they are already moving on from gen 7 (and evidence suggests that they are considering Marshadow was the last pokemon that had to be revealed) it would be much better if they went for a new region with new pokemon for Switch, not a 'nostalgia' factor. This is coming from someone who LOVES D/P/Plt.

Yeah but thing is having Sun&Moon as the last 3DS games is really underwhelming. Those games are so empty. I want DP remakes even if it's just to have a game where I can actually do stuff in the post-game to entertain myself.

philkangsanity

Literally Newswatcher
Hmmm....
I guessing that this movie is more than a retelling, but rather some kind of alternate storyline where instead of there being just Kanto Pokémon and Trainers, all other Pokémon from other regions and Trainers already exist. But what does that mean with Ash and Marshadow?