News Marshadow Officially Revealed! New Movie 20 Trailer!

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Here is what intrigues me: We know from the pack arts that Japan's next SuMo Set will feature Ho-oh and Necrozma, so I wonder if Necrozma will be a part of the movie at all, and if the set will have Marshadow in it. Just thinking out loud here, but in order to get a rainbow, you need a prism. Necrozma anyone?

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Here is what intrigues me: We know from the pack arts that Japan's next SuMo Set will feature Ho-oh and Necrozma, so I wonder if Necrozma will be a part of the movie at all, and if the set will have Marshadow in it. Just thinking out loud here, but in order to get a rainbow, you need a prism. Necrozma anyone?

Maybe? I mean; there's still a lot of time to find out more about the movies plot outside of what we saw in the preview. So Necrozma could pop in. Maybe being a "Big Bad" of the movie...

Unless Marshadow is really considered to be the movie's "Big Bad".

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe? I mean; there's still a lot of time to find out more about the movies plot outside of what we saw in the preview. So Necrozma could pop in. Maybe being a "Big Bad" of the movie...

Unless Marshadow is really considered to be the movie's "Big Bad".

Usually the mythical Pokemon featured in the movie is an ally, not the main villain. I mean, it's possible they could make Marshadow the villain but it's probably going to be Ash's companion during the movie.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Usually the mythical Pokemon featured in the movie is an ally, not the main villain. I mean, it's possible they could make Marshadow the villain but it's probably going to be Ash's companion during the movie.

I was just making an assumption about Marshadow being "bad" since it looks like it's seeping out of Ash's shadow.

Maybe that's just me...

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
I think Sun and Moon are the only games for 7th Generation, if that were not the case, then we would not have Marshadow so fast. This is speculation but to me, Sun and Moon were made just for the 20th anniversary to for nostalgia to old players (such as being able to transfer gen 1 Pokemon to SM, Alolan forms, Oak, and all the references.) I don't think this Gen was intended to have multiple games, I think it's just the 3DS's last hurrah before it becomes over-shadowed by the switch. And if you don't believe the switch isn't going to have Pokemon then you're out of your mind. Making Pokemon for the switch is a great business idea. GF can't stick to the 3DS forever, I mean after-all, the 3DS is dying and could hardly support Sun and Moon. Stars is most-likely a code name like rainbow was to Sun and Moon. Stars will be the 8th gen games. I just hope it releases in 2017 so I can get my sinnoh remakes in 2018.

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
1. "Stop with this 6.5/7.5 nonsense."
Actually, it's not complete nonsense. We have "sort of" gotten .5 gens before. Typically, something I would consider ".5" wouldn't include new pokémone per sé, but they do include some new character models that are not available in the previous iteration of the game. In terms of 6th gen, ORAS had new Megas, which technically are new evolutions. I could see 7th gen sending out a new set of games, either an Alola follow-up or remakes, that give us new Megas or regional formes. Personally, I'm leaning toward the latter. Although we were given "Alola formes" this gen, it doesn't mean that Alola is the only region with unique formes. Technically, we were introduced to "region-based" formes in 4th Gen with Gastrodon. I wouldn't be surprised if some new regional formes popped up in Sinnoh in an area that is remake exclusive. I could see some new area of Sinnoh having regional formes of pokémon from Gen V, VI, or VII since there is no precedent for the normal versions of those pokémon in Sinnoh. We honestly don't know how a Sinnoh Honedge should look, for example, so having a regional variant would be perfectly feasible. It could also be a way to balance the newest gen out in terms of speed. Maybe so many of them are slow because their Sinnoh variant is faster? Who knows?

2. "Last mythical means end of the gen."
Does it? It is possible, since that has been the case before, but as others have stated the distribution of events is typically spread out. Basically, when you get the last mythical, the new gen is on the horizon. Magearna was given out Day 1 (kind of like Victini) and now Marshadow less than a year later. We haven't had a 2 mythical gen since Gen III and those definitely were spread out. So why were these given away so quickly? Moving to the next gen is a possibility. However, the other possibility is that a 7.5 gen isn't so far-fetched. Maybe GF is tired of having their "surprise" event pokémon leaked before the games are even out and have decided to trickle a few out each new game so, even when the full code of a game is released the community still doesn't know every new pokémon of that gen. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a mythical in the next set of remakes that we didn't know about previously. Adding new formes, Megas, and mythicals to remakes actually would make them more worth my money. I was surprised that ORAS had exclusive Megas, and competitively made buying them imperative. Adding new 'mons to a remake certainly makes them all the more viable, both for nostalgia and competition.

3. "But Stars on the Switch, bro!"
Stars was always a rumor and it always surprises me how people latch on to rumors like they are facts... then get disappointed when said rumor turns out to be.. well.. just a rumor. I don't see why a gen would be spread between two different systems and I'm surprised others think this is a good idea. Sure, produce some companion game that allows me to migrate anything I find there to the main games (like Colosseum, XD, or Pokémon Ranger games), but if you're going to produce some new main series game that is in the same gen as one I already own, I don't want to HAVE to also own two systems to play the whole gen.

4. "7th Gen is only going to last a year!"
I would be pretty freaking shocked by this seeing as the anime hasn't even started here in the US yet. I feel The Pokémon Company is going to want to milk this gen dry before moving to the next. Also, we're only about to be 2 - 3 TCG sets in as well. I doubt they'd be rushing their marketing that fast. I could be wrong, but, I mean, we haven't even had a Sun/Moon McDonald's toy run yet. It's be really weird to be moving to gen 8 when they could still be making money on 7th gen.

Mitja

veteran smartass
2. "Last mythical means end of the gen."
Does it? It is possible, since that has been the case before, but as others have stated the distribution of events is typically spread out. Basically, when you get the last mythical, the new gen is on the horizon. Magearna was given out Day 1 (kind of like Victini) and now Marshadow less than a year later. We haven't had a 2 mythical gen since Gen III and those definitely were spread out. So why were these given away so quickly? Moving to the next gen is a possibility. However, the other possibility is that a 7.5 gen isn't so far-fetched. Maybe GF is tired of having their "surprise" event pokémon leaked before the games are even out and have decided to trickle a few out each new game so, even when the full code of a game is released the community still doesn't know every new pokémon of that gen. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a mythical in the next set of remakes that we didn't know about previously. Adding new formes, Megas, and mythicals to remakes actually would make them more worth my money. I was surprised that ORAS had exclusive Megas, and competitively made buying them imperative. Adding new 'mons to a remake certainly makes them all the more viable, both for nostalgia and competition.

This is quite exactly what I was thinking xD

Specifically in a Sinnoh re-visit case, I could easily see them not just add "Sinnoh-forms" (give us a snow Noctowl omg...who am I kidding it's gonna be genwun exclusive again isn't it xD...), but if the postgame ties into interdimensional exploration, a bunch of completely new ultrabeasts out of the blue could be very fitting as well.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
This is quite exactly what I was thinking xD

Specifically in a Sinnoh re-visit case, I could easily see them not just add "Sinnoh-forms" (give us a snow Noctowl omg...who am I kidding it's gonna be genwun exclusive again isn't it xD...), but if the postgame ties into interdimensional exploration, a bunch of completely new ultrabeasts out of the blue could be very fitting as well.
But there won't be a Sinnoh remake this year. There is a remake per CONSOLE. So unless this is a bridge generation (First time since Gen 2), then we won't get Sinnoh until 8th gen (Which at the earliest would be 2018)

GigaGarchomp

Dragon Tamer
Pikachu with the different regional hats that Ash wears will be available in Japan via code. The type of hat will depend on when code is redeemed. I haven't been able to find anything on North American releases.
Well, not to be rude, but I hope you're wrong about Japan getting the code first. But thanks for the info on how you get a certain hat! Anyways I hope North America gets the codes with Japan!

Mitja

veteran smartass
But there won't be a Sinnoh remake this year. There is a remake per CONSOLE. So unless this is a bridge generation (First time since Gen 2), then we won't get Sinnoh until 8th gen (Which at the earliest would be 2018)

Just because they moved to a new hardware before bringing out a new remake until now, doesn't make it a rule they have to follow. There is nothing preventing them from making a Sinnoh game for the 3DS.

"There won't be Gen5 on the DS"
"There won't be GS remakes after Platinum because FRLG came out before Emerald"
"There won't be SM because Z/XY2 first"
etc.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Except there IS! There is a remake every console and that is an official pattern

Official? What exactly do you mean by adding that word? Do you have a source of Gamefreak stating "we make one remake every console"?

There is no "patterns", less alone official ones (publicly stated by the developers?). But even if there was, they could break them any time they want (and every time it happens, it just seems like that to the people believing in said "patterns", while to gamefreak it isn't any different than just continuing to release the next kind of installment that makes sense to them to make in a specific situation and generation).