News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

DaGod503

Aspiring Trainer
Aqua patch will come in handy for alolan ninetails I'm just excited to build a deck around golisopod

Sergiohmygod

Aspiring Trainer
You forgot about Decidueye/Vileplume.

Decidueye/Plume runs two Stage 2s with Forest of Giant Plants. They're also not crucial to dealing damage. Solgaleo/Metagros would need both Stage 2s active just to attack every turn. Even then, Solgaleo discards 3 energy and Metagross only retrieves 1. It's a system that's bound to burn out eventually. Decidueye does all his damage with Mewoth/Lugia/etc, Plume is there to shut your opponent down and in the odd case doesn't even show his face.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Decidueye/Plume runs two Stage 2s with Forest of Giant Plants. They're also not crucial to dealing damage. Solgaleo/Metagros would need both Stage 2s active just to attack every turn. Even then, Solgaleo discards 3 energy and Metagross only retrieves 1. It's a system that's bound to burn out eventually. Decidueye does all his damage with Mewoth/Lugia/etc, Plume is there to shut your opponent down and in the odd case doesn't even show his face.
Which Meowth I've never seen decidueye use meowth

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
field blower is probably more critical to making Lunala work since atm it just loses the second a garbodor is played. Rare candy decks will still be very vulnerable to turn 1 item lock as well which is discouraging to anyone trying to play non-grass stage 2s, especially ones with easily donked basics/stage 1s like cosmog/cosmoem.

And the Meowth is the one from fates collide that does 50 damage to a benched pokemon that has damage counters on it, very good synergy and being a one prize card means that in a mostly 2 prize deck you're not worried at all about losing it in a trade.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Decidueye also hits, what I like to call, the: "Magic 110"
Meaning, in just two energy attachments, he can hit for 110 damage (90+20 from ability).
This is important for knocking out Shaymins in one hit, and for knocking out most other supporters/basics in 2.
Both Solgaleo and Metagross do not meet this requirement, and also have secondary effects that cripple their ability to attack twice in a row.
They both need support, so having them support each other is just... clunky.

Which Meowth I've never seen decidueye use meowth
Fates Collide -- 74/124 Common
[C][C] Turmoil Strike
This attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon that has any damage counters on it. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

GengarGuy

PUMPKABOO SLAYER
Curious, does anyone think Metagross will see play...?

Seems like a slow Bronzong, and it's GX attack is undone by N.
I don't think so. .
I think that Tapu Lele will be the new $90 staple like Shaymin EX out of the set from XY titled "Roaring Skies"
I think Ninetales will see more play then metagross and i also think lycanroc may be a deck staple with devo sprays

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
So not counting secret prints, is it time to make setlist predictions based on there being 145 cards?

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
So tapu lele's ability can only be used once like shaymin or multiple times? I'm guessing this means you can only use one tapu lele ability even if you bench multiple.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
So tapu lele's ability can only be used once like shaymin or multiple times? I'm guessing this means you can only use one tapu lele ability even if you bench multiple.

"When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench [...]"
Means:
When you first play this card from your hand, and put it onto the bench; that is when the ability activates, and no other time.
This will work just like Shaymin or Jirachi.

An effect that would be usable as long as the card is in play, usually will read as:
"Once during your turn [...]"
Meaning, every time it is your turn, you can use it.

These wordings restrict the usage of the ability, so if this wording is not present on the card, it usually means it's always in effect.
ex. Mr. Mime --
"Prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by attacks."
This ability is always active, and does not need to be interacted with by the player.

Last edited:

TrollinSableye

Aspiring Trainer
It functions like Shaymin, in which you can't activate it's ability after you use it initially. You can use it's ability multiple times if you bench more than one though.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
145???!! I thought it was 149 in my guess. See, I assume that we include the Rockruff Deck cards, including colorless Rayquaza and Bewear, SM1+ cards (excluding those who are already in SM1), plus, the recent SM2 cards, and some promos like Lana. I don't think 145 (+ 21 SRs) is enough to fit this.

Well, I love the translation!

Fgperez22

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Lele's effect takes place when it is playet from your hand, similar to Shaymin. Seeing as how playable this is - good effect, good attack, and 1 retreat cost - every deck should run at least 1-of. I expect the price to be 10,15,28 - UR,FA, SR respectively