Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: March 2017 - Nationalites - Results Are Now Up!

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Aschetron is in this month for image, cause well... I actually have some time! Scaryness! So let the shiny commence! :p
Welp, there goes even the slightest chance of having the best British entry, let alone winning, lol.

Hopefully i have time to make my card for this contest. Last time didn't go really well :( @bbninjas So this is what happened last time: I had very little time to make my card. So i made the card in 3 days, then i wanted to upload it to this forum but it wouldn't let me. But, then i realized the card was invalid anyways :( I accidentely made a card from a Pokémon that is not in the Alola Pokedex (Houndour) So i had like 1 hour to make a new card. I am very sorry that this happened, but i have enough time to make an Image based card for this contest :D If i am not disqualified ;) Also sorry for my "Good-but-not-that-good-English" I'm still learning it!

I am in for an Image Based!!

Nyora

A Cat
My submission

Snorlax HP 110 Colorless
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ - Fatal Fast Food
Once during your turn, you may flip a coin. If heads, until the end of your opponent's next turn, this Pokémon has +70 maximum HP. If tails, put 4 damage counters on this Pokémon.

[C][C] *Rest*
Heal all damage from this Pokémon. Then, flip a coin. If heads, this Pokémon is Knocked Out.

[C][C][C][C] Rage 40+
This attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 4

My country was the USA. I'm sorry-ish if I've fulfilled the stereotype of Americans. Most of what went into Snorlax was what is in an Verträge American, at least from the Stereotypes. *Rest* is there because, ya'know, sleep is good for you, but for a person so far, they might no ever wake up. Rage is also there because another stereotype of Americans is to be very angry. I have Fatal Fast Food trying to detail that while food is good for you, Fast Food can hurt ya too.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Here's my entry! This is my first fake card ever, and I like how it turned out :) Here it is:

Vanillite HP: 50 - Water
Basic Pokémon
582.gif

Ability: Add a Scoop
When you attach a basic [W] Energy from your hand to this Pokémon during your turn, you may search your deck for a Vanillish and put it onto this Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C] Flurry 10
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness: [F]
Retreat: [C]

I'm from the United States of America. When I was making this card, one thing I considered while making this was some of the things Pokémon could tell you about the country. Well, Vanillite here is a reference to how the US is the fattest country in the world, with about 33% of all Americans being obese, so I decided to bring that into a Pokémon. Vanillite's ability, 'Add a Scoop' demonstrates this perfectly. A stereotype about Americans is their tendency to eat extremely large portions of food. 'Add a Scoop' in my opinion expresses that, and how a stereotypical American would get more than a single scoop of ice cream when at a Ben and Jerry's or Baskin Robbins.

Sources are Charjabug SM, Eevee SM, and Nest Ball SM. Of course, this is my first fake card ever, and it's bound to be plagued by errors. :D

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hopefully i have time to make my card for this contest. Last time didn't go really well :( @bbninjas So this is what happened last time: I had very little time to make my card. So i made the card in 3 days, then i wanted to upload it to this forum but it wouldn't let me. But, then i realized the card was invalid anyways :( I accidentely made a card from a Pokémon that is not in the Alola Pokedex (Houndour) So i had like 1 hour to make a new card. I am very sorry that this happened, but i have enough time to make an Image based card for this contest :D If i am not disqualified ;) Also sorry for my "Good-but-not-that-good-English" I'm still learning it!

I am in for an Image Based!!
Unfortunatley because you didn't submit an entry in the February contest, even after the extension, you won't be able to participate in this month's contest. You will have to wait until April's contest. :)

Nyora

A Cat
Here's my entry! This is my first fake card ever, and I like how it turned out :) Here it is:

Vanillite HP: 50 - Water
Basic Pokémon
582.gif

Ability: Add a Scoop
When you attach a basic [W] Energy from your hand to this Pokémon during your turn, you may search your deck for a Vanillish and put it onto this Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C] Flurry 10
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness: [F]
Retreat: [C]

I'm from the United States of America. When I was making this card, one thing I considered while making this was some of the things Pokémon could tell you about the country. Well, Vanillite here is a reference to how the US is the fattest country in the world, with about 33% of all Americans being obese, so I decided to bring that into a Pokémon. Vanillite's ability, 'Add a Scoop' demonstrates this perfectly. A stereotype about Americans is their tendency to eat extremely large portions of food. 'Add a Scoop' in my opinion expresses that, and how a stereotypical American would get more than a single scoop of ice cream when at a Ben and Jerry's or Baskin Robbins.

Sources are Charjabug SM, Eevee SM, and Nest Ball SM. Of course, this is my first fake card ever, and it's bound to be plagued by errors. :D
Loving how the first 2 United States of America cards are looking at obesity :U

Lunarwork

Just causing a total lunar eclipse....
Lycanroc- HP: 130-Fighting-Basic

Ability: Sand Rush
Flip a coin. If heads, discard up to 3 Energy cards from your opponent's Active Pokémon. If tails, put 3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like and attach a {F} Energy to this Pokémon. (You can only use this ability once per turn.)

{F} Rock Tomb- 50
Your opponent's Active Pokémon can't be healed or retreat during your opponent's next turn.

{F}{C}{C} Stealth Rock- 140
Discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness: {M}x2
Retreat: {C}{C}

Its quick movements confuses its enemies. Well equipped with claws and fangs, it also uses the sharp rocks in its mane as weapons.
No. 745-Wolf Pokémon-HT. 2'07" WT. 55.1 LB

My thoughts: The wolf, as I researched on Google, is native to Canada, and since Lycanroc is based on the wolf I decided to go headfirst with Lycanroc itself. If you don't believe me, look at the Pokedex Entry it has. Also, references are Mega Lucario-EX (FRF) Lunala-GX (SM) Serebii.net (Pokedex, ability and moves) and ability reference originated by myself (or unknown.)

Hope I win!
-Lunarwork

Last edited:

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
My submission

Snorlax HP 110 Colorless
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ - Fatal Fast Food
Once during your turn, you may flip a coin. If heads, until the end of your opponent's next turn, this Pokémon has +70 maximum HP. If tails, put 4 damage counters on this Pokémon.

[C][C] *Rest*
Heal all damage from this Pokémon. Then, flip a coin. If heads, this Pokémon is Knocked Out.

[C][C][C][C] Rage 40+
This attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

Weakness: Fighting x2
Retreat: 4

My country was the USA. I'm sorry-ish if I've fulfilled the stereotype of Americans. Most of what went into Snorlax was what is in an Verträge American, at least from the Stereotypes. *Rest* is there because, ya'know, sleep is good for you, but for a person so far, they might no ever wake up. Rage is also there because another stereotype of Americans is to be very angry. I have Fatal Fast Food trying to detail that while food is good for you, Fast Food can hurt ya too.

Sweet Lord, I laughed WAY too hard at this!!! xD I'll reserve all other comments for the judging, but MAN, this is funny!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
@Lunarwork, on behalf of the Creative Works moderating team, while we understand being talkative, we must ask you to take it down a bit and keep all discussion on topic. This is not a chatroom; this is a forum. Thank you.

As you were, y'all.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Garbodor - [P] - HP 110
Stage 1 - evolves from Trubbish

Ability: Outta My Sight
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for up to 3 cards and discard them. Then, shuffle your deck. If you do, discard the top card of your opponents deck.

[P][C] Big Waste 20
Discard the top card of your opponents deck. If that card is a Pokemon EX or a Pokemon GX,
you may search your opponents deck and discard 1 card you find there. Then, shuffle your opponents deck.

[P][P][C][C] Take out the Trash
If you have the same number of benched Pokemon as your opponent, draw 1 prize card. This Pokemon can't use Take out the Trash on your next turn.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: [C][C]
For a time, their numbers increased explosively in Alola.
Since the arrival of Grimer, their population has decreased dramatically.

I chose Garbodor to represent 'Merica because we over here generate the most waste out of anywhere in the world.
Woo hoo! Go us!

God I hope the editing is worth it :/

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Lycanroc- HP: 130-Fighting

Flip a coin. If heads, discard up to 3 Energy cards from your opponent's Active Pokémon. If tails, put 3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like and attach a {G} Energy to this Pokémon. (You can only use this ability once per turn.)

{F} Rock Tomb- 50
Your opponent's Active Pokémon can't be healed or retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: {M}x2

Its quick movements confuses its enemies. Well equipped with claws and fangs, it also uses the sharp rocks in its mane as weapons.

My thoughts: The wolf, as I researched on Google, is native to Canada, and since Lycanroc is based on the wolf I decided to go headfirst with Lycanroc itself. If you don't believe me, look at the Pokedex Entry it has. Also, references are Mega Lucario-EX (FRF) Lunala-GX (SM) Serebii.net (Pokedex, ability and moves) and ability reference originated by myself (or unknown.)

Hope I win!
-Lunarwork

I've just undeleted this entry of yours, Lunar, as you can't delete your entries. If you want to edit that entry, you will need to edit that post. I've deleted your second entry, which contained the following, to prevent anyone getting confused later on:

Lycanroc- HP: 130-Fighting

Flip a coin. If heads, discard up to 3 Energy cards from your opponent's Active Pokémon. If tails, put 3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like and attach a {G} Energy to this Pokémon. (You can only use this ability once per turn.)
{F} Rock Tomb- 50

Weakness: Metal (x2)

My thoughts: The wolf, as I researched on Google, is native to Canada, and since Lycanroc is based on the wolf I decided to go headfirst with Lycanroc itself. Also, Lycanroc is a predator to its prey, so I focus on its ferocity. If you don't believe me, look at the Pokedex Entry it has. Also, references are Mega Lucario-EX (FRF) Lunala-GX (SM) Serebii.net (Pokedex, ability and moves) and ability reference originated by myself (or unknown.)

Hope I win!
-Lunarwork

Also, although Lunar did ask for comments on his entry, I ask that people don't post critique on other member's entries, as that's the judge's job. (I've deleted the posts that did this.) Posting what you like about the entry is fine, however. :)

garchompcrescent

Part-Time Misplayer
I went back and forth on this one a lot, but I think it was a good choice. I'm Scottish and wanted to focus on Scotland rather than the UK and this is what I came up with.
The Keldeo would be in Resolute Form if drawn.
Keldeo GX - Fighting - 180 HP

Basic Pokémon

Ability: Resolute
This Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon for each of your Benched Pokémon with damage counters on them

[F][F] Sacred Sword - 90
This attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance or any other effects on your Opponent's Active Pokémon

[F][F] Secret Sword GX - 120
This attack does 90 damage to one of your Opponent's Benched Pokémon (You can only use one GX attack in a game)

Weakness: [P] - Resistance: None - Retreat: [C]

It crosses the world, running over the surfaces of oceans and rivers. It appears at scenic waterfronts. 1.4M | 48.5KG
I decided to go with Keldeo because it is a unicorn Pokémon and Scotland's national animal is the unicorn. Originally I was going to focus on a queen-like Pokémon like Nidoqueen or Vespiquen as people think of the royal family when they think of the UK. When I decided I wanted to focus on Scotland there wasn't much choice but Keldeo because there isn't a wild haggis Pokémon. The ability is called Resolute as many famous Scots have been famous for not giving up and persevering when they were supporting a good cause, even when the odds were stacked against them. Sacred Sword and Secret Sword are there because they are Keldeo's signature moves in the games. I designed the card as if it was a real GX that was going to enter the metagame and so had playability in mind over anything else. I kind of wanted to incorporate the three swords of justice into the card's ability but I felt that would be to gimmicky.

Sources: Déxter (iOS app), Serebii.net Pokedex

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Looking at my entry and seeing things I wish I had seen earlier. i.e Outta my sight says "up to three cards" when it should say "up to 3 cards". The it should say "shuffle your deck afterward". Same with big waste. There are more I could mention. Oh well lol :/ gotta pay more attention next time.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Looking at my entry and seeing things I wish I had seen earlier. i.e Outta my sight says "up to three cards" when it should say "up to 3 cards". The it should say "shuffle your deck afterward". Same with big waste. There are more I could mention. Oh well lol :/ gotta pay more attention next time.
You can edit your entry, however you will be penalised 2 points for doing so. It depends on whether you think that correcting the errors is worth it. :p

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
If there is still a slot for Text based, I would like to request it thanks bb ^w^

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
You can edit your entry, however you will be penalised 2 points for doing so. It depends on whether you think that correcting the errors is worth it. :p

I think it will be worth it. At least I hope so o_O:p

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
In for text-based fakes. I didn't see this thread, whoops.
I am an American citizen, so America for my nationality, and I obviously chose Braviary.

Last edited: