News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

I'm pretty sure Gumshoos will be inspecting more than just your hands.

It's nice to see zero-cost attacks are back! They were cool concepts, though I do think only having them on Alola Pokémon is just more fanservice. >_<"

The Alola Raichu Hype Train is now in full force-will get a free move AND has a very high chance of being a GX due to getting an exclusive Z move in game(Stoked Sparksurfer).

I see it probably being
-free attack
-heavy damage attack
-GX Sparksurf

It seems the pokémon GX (apart from Solgaleo and Lunala) in these sets are focused on the totem Pokémon. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Wishiwashi GX and an Alolan Raticate GX in Collection Moon.

Gumshoos will make the TCG great again. They left out the tufts of fur on his chest so he looks a little less majestic but we'll take it!

Holding out hope for an Alolan Raticate GX. I need his fattening glory in HD!

Since Mega Evolutions are kinda omitted in TCPi's view, would it be possible that maybe figure collection boxes, for the first time feature regular Pokemon, such as Gumshoos Collection Box or Lurantis Collection Box since the GX is the latest replacement or something?

Last edited:
The last sets to feature free attacks were during the Diamond & Pearl era.

I think you mean heart gold/soul silver era with the baby Pokémon.

still I'm glad they are bringing back free attacks as I've felt basic attacks like tackle and such that do small damage should be free to make playing those cards worthwhile.

The game is looking much more balance with SM sets. Can't wait for a SM-On rotation. It also seems that GX cards will be given to more Pokemon than the last ex set gave them too, which is a good thing.

It's cool how the cards have a little bit different texture! Wow these cards are very beautiful, Sun & Moon hype!!! :D

Pls card laboratory, give me an Alolan Muk-GX! I want to see it shiiiine :D

Wait a second, GX Pokémon evolve? That's cool (and unexpected in my opinion). I'm starting to love the new card style too! I want these so badly! :D

Wait a second, GX Pokémon evolve
then let me give you a history lesson. back in the days when ex was written in small letters they evoloved too.
@ whoever wrote/TLed this:
"Chloro-Size GX"
considering it has scythes as hands and the "katakana word" is the same wouldn't that make more sense?
"Gum Chance GX"
I have literally no idea how someone comes from デカ ("deka", means detective) to "Gum", which is entirely different in Japanese.

then let me give you a history lesson. back in the days when ex was written in small letters they evolved too
I know about that, but this is 'GX' and not 'gx', so i assumed it would be like an 'EX' and not an 'ex'.

then let me give you a history lesson. back in the days when ex was written in small letters they evoloved too.
@ whoever wrote/TLed this:
"Chloro-Size GX"
considering it has scythes as hands and the "katakana word" is the same wouldn't that make more sense?
"Gum Chance GX"
I have literally no idea how someone comes from デカ ("deka", means detective) to "Gum", which is entirely different in Japanese.
Because a nickname for detective is a gumshoe, and since deka is a nickname (my wife spent 10 min explaining to me the origin of the word, pretty interesting)as well it matches. Well, more or less.

Wow. Just wow. Theses new templates are absolutely beautiful. Way batter the the BW-XY designs. I might have to sell my XY stuff so I can collect these. Also, glad they are ditching the frame with GX cards. Wish they would have done that with the regular EX cards. (Always ugly as hell.) Also, I'm happy to see the free attacks returns. The last era I collected before XY was DP/HS so this is a pleasant suprise!

I feel so bad that Yungoos/Gumshoos always has to be compared to a terrible Cheeto smh

I love the templates for the Sun/Moon cards to be completely honest. They'll probably ruin them over here with the ugly yellow borders though ):

Back