Japanese 'Sun' and 'Moon' Expansions and Decks in December!

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
I too started collecting the cards because of the textured full art exs.

To me these full art non textured gxs just look boring. And i know these are promos but I'm sure the set ones will be the same.

Can you imagine a full art textured Snorlax Ex? What could've been.
Textured full art EXs. MY LIFE.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
At least now I can work on completing the sets I'm collecting. I was spending too much collecting the cards anyways.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Noticing the cards have a different layout... wonder if the English cards will still have yellow borders.
People has asked since literally Base Set if future sets will have gray borders. The answer is always no, and there's no way they're going to change them now. :p

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Oh no! I was desperatly hoping that Alolan Forms would not be named differently than regular forms. Meowth is still meowth

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
My Evaluations:
  • Alolan Meowth - Looks Nice!
  • Grubbin - Nice!!
  • HP - More Competitive

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
*Sigh* As we are now growing ever so closer to a new Generation of Pokemon, I am feeling both excited and sad. I'm excited for all of the new mechanics, Pokemon, and secrets that await. But I'm also sad that we have to say goodbye to, honestly, the best generation yet. We had the jump in graphics. We had all of the new forms for some of our favorite Pokemon, in Mega Evolution. We even had a remake for my 2nd favorite Generation, Gen 2. But I guess instead of focusing on the past, I must focus on the future (Without getting overly anxious.) of Pokemon. If they want to change the borders to grey, then so be it. In the end, they're all still the Pocket Monsters we know and love. Not to mention the new ones:rolleyes:

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
First of all, what does the pebble part mean?

Second of all, I really can't wait for generation 7 and all the TCG surprises. I have high hopes for all the improvements and stuff. Pokemon GX make the game interesting since they have moves you can only use once. So you have to rethink your strategies. I am also sad that Gen 6 is coming to an end, but that is mainly because they didn't give it the ending it deserves. Instead of ending with the best of Gen 6, TPCi focused all year on Gen 1. And they still do.

Opportunities missed:
  • No Z or XY2
  • No Zygarde main game
  • Skipped 5 Mega Evolutions
  • No real attention for Team Flare (just a few trainer cards)
  • Thousands of reprints instead of original cards
  • I would have released Evolutions and Generations combined in the Mythical boxes and end 2016 with the Final XY set. TPCi give Gen6 the ending it deserves. Even the promo's for evolutions are tacky.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Flavour text confirmed! That's a relief. They're already looking a lot better. I'm still not sure if I like them, but I'm curious to see how the Evolution and English layouts look.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
"But Pokemon like Alolan Raichu and Alolan Exeggutor will probably say they evolve from plain ol’ Pikachu and Exeggcute since there’s no Alolan Pikachu or Alolan Exeggcute (as far as we know)."

I keep saying this and no one seems to see the logic in what I'm saying. It'd make no sense for a normal Pikachu or normal Exeggcute to evolve into Alolan Raichu and Exeggutor because it would mean that you couldn't get normal Raichu or Exeggutor without transferring as both Pokemon evolve with stones. So unless a new stone is made for both of them, they only evolve into their Alolan forms in specific parts of Alola or, as I keep saying, they have Alolan Pikachu and Exeggcute which they haven't revealed yet, normal Raichu and Exeggutor will be impossible to get in-game without transferring.

The existence of Alolan Pikachu and Alolan Exeggcute makes sense when Alolan Cubone and Alolan Persian are practically confirmed (a ground type evolving into a ghost/fire type would have serious problems and it'd be ridiculous for an Alolan Meowth to evolve in normal Persian) and the other Alolan Pokemon are all full evolution lines (Sandshrew/Sandslash, Vulpix/Ninetales and Rattata/Raticate).

(I apologize for my rant)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
"But Pokemon like Alolan Raichu and Alolan Exeggutor will probably say they evolve from plain ol’ Pikachu and Exeggcute since there’s no Alolan Pikachu or Alolan Exeggcute (as far as we know)."

I keep saying this and no one seems to see the logic in what I'm saying. It'd make no sense for a normal Pikachu or normal Exeggcute to evolve into Alolan Raichu and Exeggutor because it would mean that you couldn't get normal Raichu or Exeggutor without transferring as both Pokemon evolve with stones. So unless a new stone is made for both of them, they only evolve into their Alolan forms in specific parts of Alola or, as I keep saying, they have Alolan Pikachu and Exeggcute which they haven't revealed yet, normal Raichu and Exeggutor will be impossible to get in-game without transferring.

The existence of Alolan Pikachu and Alolan Exeggcute makes sense when Alolan Cubone and Alolan Persian are practically confirmed (a ground type evolving into a ghost/fire type would have serious problems and it'd be ridiculous for an Alolan Meowth to evolve in normal Persian) and the other Alolan Pokemon are all full evolution lines (Sandshrew/Sandslash, Vulpix/Ninetales and Rattata/Raticate).

(I apologize for my rant)
there's no Alolan Cubone, in a trailer we see cubone evolving into alolan Marowak

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
there's no Alolan Cubone, in a trailer we see cubone evolving into alolan Marowak

Watch the trailer again. It cuts straight to Alolan Marowak. Unless the full evolution process is shown, its best to take that evolution scene with a large grain of salt.

To put the problem of a Ground type evolving into a Fire/Ghost type into perspective, imagine Chandelure using Smack Down. Earthquake, Dig, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze and Rock Slide (it'll probably keep Bone Club, Bonemerang and Bone Rush because it carries a bone). Those moves are just ridiculous on a Ghost/Fire type.

Also, you'd have the same problem that you'd have with Raichu and Exeggutor if they don't have Alolan Pikachu and Exeggcute, you'd be unable to get normal Marowak without transferring it or it only being able to evolve in certain parts of the Alola region into Alolan Marowak instead of normal Marowak.

xaej806

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Ugh. Was really holding out hope for a return to +10, +20, x2 weakness split. One can dream, I guess.

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
To put the problem of a Ground type evolving into a Fire/Ghost type into perspective, imagine Chandelure using Smack Down. Earthquake, Dig, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze and Rock Slide (it'll probably keep Bone Club, Bonemerang and Bone Rush because it carries a bone). Those moves are just ridiculous on a Ghost/Fire type.

I can't say I follow your logic. For one, all of those moves are TMs... and many non-Ground pokémon have access to them do to that. In fact, many of those moves are learned by just about anything that is capable of being on the ground. For example, the Duskull line has access to Earthquake, Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, and Rock Slide. Moves aren't solely driven by a pokémon's type. Otherwise we wouldn't have Flying pokémon that can Dig (and are even apparently flying underground or something to avoid Earthquake). :p

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Instead of ending with the best of Gen 6, TPCi focused all year on Gen 1. And they still do.

Opportunities missed:
  • No Z or XY2
  • No Zygarde main game
  • Skipped 5 Mega Evolutions
  • No real attention for Team Flare (just a few trainer cards)
  • Thousands of reprints instead of original cards
  • I would have released Evolutions and Generations combined in the Mythical boxes and end 2016 with the Final XY set. TPCi give Gen6 the ending it deserves. Even the promo's for evolutions are tacky.

I too agree that they spent just a bit too much time working on gen 1 instead of gen 6.

I think it's too bad as well that we will never get a third part of the main game featuring Zygarde, even a sub plot around it in Sun/Moon wouldn't be the same.

For what it's worth I doubt we'll have outright skipped the missing megas but still it kind of sucks that we'll be getting them even later, I know I had a statistical page on this done at some point. FYI though you are wrong, we are missing more than 5 megas, we are missing 9 of them. (Sableye, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Lopunny, Latias, Pinsir, Medicham, Banette, and Abomansnow). I'm actually okay with not having lots of cards devoted to Team Flare, I always hated 'owner' cards.

I cannot agree though about White Kyurem being a tacky promo as I've wanted this since Fates Collide gave us Black Kyurem and was disappointed that we didn't get it in Steam Siege. I don't remember them revealing any other promos though aside from Braixen.