Alolan Meowth, Alolan Marowak, Yowashi, Odoridori

That fish is interesting. It reminds me of Zygarde with all that "swarm to change form" thing. I wonder how do they implement it in the game.
The sand castle do looks silly. But I can bear having coned ice cream for a Pokemon before, so why not? Nuikoguma is a surprise for most of us, I believe.
Alolan mewoth is not that interesting. Alolan Cubone looks cool, but what caught my interest is who's the "arch nemesis".
Dunno how I feel about team skull. Probably they'll reveal more on the 12th, so I'll wait for that.

Apparently Team Skull wants to find the secrets of Castle Grayskull, and their leader is Skeletor.

No. Wait......

There are a lot of Ghost Pokémon here in Alola! Absolutely love that spirit who lives in a sand castle! So freaking awesome! :D

Adore those sand castles, they are super adorable! The small fish, doesn't really look that interesting to me, but the big form looks stunning, I wonder how it is obtained? Probably through some kind of ability, a la Zygarde's Power Construct. We've gotten quite a few forme changes so far, so I wonder how many we'll be in the games? Bewear pre-evo is cute, though I'm not really a big fan of the weird mouth line thing :/

Meowth turned greyish blue and a got more snobby look? I hope Persian looks a tiny bit more interesting. Marowak looks very interesting! I noticed it looks very sleeker than it's normal forme, and its arms also look very thing, which adds to the eerieness of the design!

Also, I just realised that the player's mom has a normal Meowth. Guess it makes sense, since the player moved to the region, but still! I wonder if some Pokémon, like Meowth, are available in both Alolan and normal variations?

Liking the concept of the fish.
The sandcastle is one of those things that's kind of ridiculous but in a good way and it just works.
Mini Bewear is cute, but I wish it wasn't just a smaller, quadruped Bewear.
I like Alolan Marowak, but I just wish that its design had a bit more going for it than a recolour and fire on its bone. (although I'll wait till we have good HQ artwork to pass my final judgment)
Alolan Meowth is alright, although I wish it had something a bit different rather than a different paint job.

I actually like the look of Team Skull. Ever since Gen 3 we've had evil-team-wants-to-use-giant-powerful-legendary-to-change-the-world and I'd actually like to see another team more like Team Rocket (just wanting to exploit Pokemon for money etc) rather than another team with world domination plans.

Fish looks interesting, I wonder if its stats skyrocket when it assumes 'bigger form'. Marowak was expected, though I'm a bit surprised by the ghost typing unless it's a reference to Lavender town Marowak mother. Meowth looks the same, they just made it a bit more grey and smug-looking. Hope Persian looks better. Beware's pre evolution looks adorable just like the actual red panda. Those sandcastles....I don't know what to say. Maybe they wouldn't look THAT ridiculous if there wasn't a random kiddie shovel stuck in their 'heads'. I'm starting to think that these conceptually ridiculous pokemon like Klefki, Vannilite line etc. are becoming a norm, like electric rodents and early route generic birds. Glad to see that villainous team is still a thing. They look like hybrids between thugs and pirates so I guess it's not that bad. The leader looks surprisingly young compared to the ones from the previous games.

Those fish pokemon definitely feel like they should be an evolutionary line, à la Magnemite and Beldum, rather than different forms. The big one is just so clearly going to be superior, with different stats and a different place in the Pokemon world that would merit a separate dex entry. Plus how would that form change even work? Some Yowashi's have a hidden ability, like Zygarde, and they just transform upon entering the battle? Or you catch a bunch and then your multiple pokemon become one pokemon, that's still somehow the same pokemon? All of that sounds dumb. Hopefully CoroCoro just declined to give us the bigger fish's name and stats, for some reason?

I'm surprised and pleased that they went so dark with Alolan Marowak. I was expecting a more celebratory fire-dancer Marowak, and instead it pretty much is "yup, Cubone's mother died and went to hell"

Also with all these ghost types they HAVE to bring Phoebe back, I mean come on. Can someone be an Elite Four member in Hoenn and an island kahuna in Alola at the same time? :p

Last edited:
This may the first time I'm not very excited about leaks.

Pokemon:
I'm not a big fan of any of these. They just look a bit weird, but they're plausible, at least.

-Yowashi's concept is kinda cool, but how it become a big fish on its own in battle,cwithout others is a mystery.
-Sunabaa and Shirodesuna are sand castles. More living oddities. But they're haunted. So I'll deal with it. It's not like the Vanillite line, which is literally living ice (No not ice cream, read it's pokedex entry). But it certainly doesn't catch my eye either.
-Nuikoguma is cuter than Bewear at least. But I still think it looks kinda stupid. The only reason I like it is because it disproves that pokedex, which I was sure was fake to begin with.

Alolan Forms:
I love the Alolan forms!

-A new form of Meowth based on the way he was bred? Love it!
-Alolan Marowak looks awesome too! He's like a spiritual dancer! Awesome!

Evil Team:
Team Skull just looks like it's not real, like it'd be in a fakemon game.

-I'm not impressed with the way they looked.
-I was also hoping that Team Flare would return. I love Team Flare more than any team before it (save Team Magma) and their story wasn't finished. We still don't know if Lysandre died, what happened to them, or anything!

Lastly, in a game based on Hawaii, you'd think that we'd have an evil team that looks like it has something to do with the environment right? Nope, they give us a biker gang for an evil team and call it a day.

Overall, the only thing that has me excited from this is the Alola forms. Which look incredible!

Last edited:
Eh... the new subspecies don't look like much to me. Alolan Meowth being Dark-type is pretty cool, though (still like Purrloin better), and its backstory about being deliberately bred to be different from other Meowth is just awesome. That's exactly what people do with all domestic animals in real life, so it's cool to see this in the Pokémon world as well.

The sand castles look interesting. It's cool to imagine these ghosts haunting an otherwise popular beach and chasing away all the tourists! I just hope they don't become the next Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe and end up being hated by the majority of the fandom.

Bewear's pre-evo is adorable, 'nuff said.

Yowashi is by far my favorite of the new guys. It reminds me of Smidvarg and the Night Terrors from the HTTYD TV show, since it's a small white animal that surrounds itself with dark-colored versions of itself to create a huge illusion. I can't wait to find out how that ability works! If it's good enough stats-wise, I might give it a spot on my team.

Team Skull already looks MILES better than Team Flare. They also remind me of the Barebones Brigade from the second Fossil Fighters game, which is great. I'm looking forward to finding out more about their motives, for sure.

Alolan Meowth is a Dark Type, just as I predicted. It seems that Game Freak is going to rebalance the Type chart to give out underused Types to a select number of the original 151 Pokémon worthy of a new subspecies, if an Ice/Fairy Ninetales and Ice/Steel Sandslash are any indication.

Alolan Marowak's part Ghost, along with the obviously foreseen Fire Type. Lavender Town flashbacks intensifies. The region sure loves being 2spooky4us, doesn't it? All we need now is a legitimate skeleton Pokémon to complete the set and ensure that the ride will never end for all eternity! (Maniacal laugh.)

Yowashi might just have a surprising niche compared to all the fishy Pokémon we have so far. The concept of a school fish Pokémon can work without even being an evolution. Would love to see Dive return to fight it's boss form under the sea.

Haunted sandcastle Pokémon? Shut up and take my PokéDollars! I'm hyped even more for these games with all the spooky scary Ghost Types and whatnot.

Bewear's pre-evolution is, interesting, to say the least. A little salty that it's mere existence disproved a potentially awesome list, though, but I did kind of see this one coming. I'm sure the actual additions will be just as admirable and memorable in the final result,.

New villain team seems to be associated with skulls? Andrew Gold's legacy must have been stronger than I anticipated.

I'd avoid beaches from now on if I were you.

Then we have to start altering the name of Pokébeach into something else, maybe, PokéCastle or PokéPalace, seeing as Pokébeach may be possessed too! :p:D

Anyways, looking at the leaks now, I really like the fish and its concept of its species merging into one gigantic uber fish. Just too bad its not a Evolution, but a forme change of sorts. The Alolan versions of Marowak and Meowth look pretty good. Could it be that Marowak died in trying to adapt and became a Ghost/Fire type as result? Pretty gloomy if you ask me.

The Sandcastle mon is pretty ingenious, and I like its design. Pretty original.

As for Team Skull, they're pretty cool looking. Based on how they are dressed, it looks like they appear to be a cross between pirates and shamans/necromancers. Perhaps their goal is to disrupt the delicate balance of life, seeing as it was mentioned by Masuda that Alola's theme is about life/teems with life. With a team known as Skull, its reasonable to expect they have something to do with a death theme of sorts. I'm calling the idea that, with their skull and possible death theme, they will specialize in Ghost-type Pokémon, along with the occasional Dark and Poison types.

Last edited:
I am really interested to see Alolan Persian. They still have a chance to save Alolan Meowth's reputation. Please don't be obvious and make it fully black/dark gray.

I am really interested to see Alolan Persian. They still have a chance to save Alolan Meowth's reputation. Please don't be obvious and make it fully black/dark gray.
I honestly don't think any things wrong with Alolan Meowth. The only reason he looks different is because of breeding. Not adaptation or anything. He doesn't need to have an outrageous pattern to have an amazing concept behind his appearance. It may be just me, but I don't get the hate for him, he's awesome.

-I'm not impressed with the way they looked.
-I was also hoping that Team Flare would return. I love Team Flare more than any team before it (save Team Magma) and their story wasn't finished. We still don't know if Lysandre died, what happened to them, or anything!

What if....
Sun and Moon, Gen 7, is situated After Gen 6B and TPCi will release Z as a remake of XY in 2 years... And will continue the story of team flare?

But that are just crazy thoughts...

I'm wondering if Yowashi is a sort of "core" Pokemon, like Zygarde? If it's not technically an evolution, it seems plausible. It could also be a Magnemite concept.

Umm... Am I the only one here that noticed the Evil Team Leader has a Zygarde Core pendant?

Hey, wait… that Yowashi… It looks too familiar. Isn't that just a bit different Tynamo?

Anyway, Keeper, your post with Dory is exactly what I thought when I forst looked at that “bigger fish”. Just look at it thouroughly… it's “eye” is 1 of those Yowashis, it's fins are few of them, too… of course, that means, it's “body” is just bunch of Yowashi.

Btw., with all that Alolan forms it really seems, there'll be no more Megas in Gen VII. Sadly. I so hoped for Dewgong (and Flygon, naturally). :-(

My thoughts on the new pokemon:

- Mini bewear is cute but with the picture quality and pose I can't really tell just yet how much I like it. I will probably use if ingame tho since I like bewear so much.
- New fishy is cute (?) well, at least it's other form its quite menacing looking and interesting. I love the bioluminescence and I'm really looking forward to know more about it.
- The sand castles.... I've never being a fan of inanimate object pokemon in general but I certainly don't hate these designs which is a good thing.
- Alolan meowth is cute. I like it a lot. It looks so cocky and I bet alolan persian will look majestic. From the previous alolan pokemon revealed I was ok with all of them but didn't consider neither of them for my team. I might get an alolan meowth depending on how persian looks.
- alolan marowak. Since I started playing pokemon I've always been pretty indiferent about marowak. It's design and backstory didn't do it for me. This new version however may be my favorite alolan form revealed so far and I'm certainly looking foward to use one.
- Evil team looks rad. No much to say until we get more info but I certainly like the designs right now.

I honestly don't think any things wrong with Alolan Meowth. The only reason he looks different is because of breeding. Not adaptation or anything. He doesn't need to have an outrageous pattern to have an amazing concept behind his appearance. It may be just me, but I don't get the hate for him, he's awesome.

Because it is literally a shiny form of Meowth. Just because the story they made about it fits the design, doesn't mean it is a good design (imo). They should have made it look different in SOME aspect besides color, imo. There is just no difference between an Alolan form and Shiny form (design-wise). I don't think it is too much to ask to at least give him longer claws, or a spike on its tail, for example, and add to the Pokedex entry "the spikes and longer claws help Meowth to climb tall tropical trees" or something like that. :p

Umm... Am I the only one here that noticed the Evil Team Leader has a Zygarde Core pendant?
Where? The necklace looks like it's the Team Skull logo, considering the female grunt has the same logo on her tank-top, and it looks like Purumeri, has the same logo on her necklace.

Back