Pokemon 'Pokemon GO' Team Leaders and Other Info Revealed at Comic-Con!

yu6

Demon Buster Trainee
So Blanche is a girl? I thought that it was a male XDD whaterver XD I want to know how they will add the leaders to the game >w<
I now want to know when they will release the first legendary and... finally I'm sure that I can control my Eeveelution XD

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Pokemon Centers? Will they operate like the ones in the main games? How's that gonna work. Also, Spark and Candela look awesome! :D However Blanche creeps me out...

Not Cool!

Aspiring Trainer
Nice. If they had all 721 (and more with the 7th generation coming up) and Megas, people would get bored with the game really quick. If you could catch everything at this very moment, it would also get stale pretty fast. I'm Level 14 right now, and have caught quite a couple Pokemon. I have about 60 on my Pokedex as of current, and the game is really fun. I've met tons of cool people around my neighborhood playing this game, and there are so many bar crawls and such bringing people together. I'd say it's the biggest thing this year so far, and Nintendo is now worth more than Sony is. The TCG has Evolutions coming up, and the 3DS has Sun and Moon coming up this year. Nintendo is in for a good rest of this fiscal year :)

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Blanche is more commonly a female name than a male one, so it's not too surprising. That being said, I feel like they deliberately made her design pretty neutral, which kinda fits with Team Mystic anyway.

The stuff brought up here disappoints me. Not because it's not good to hear, but because it was all stuff I figured out on my own well before this. Trading is one of the few upcoming features they've even MENTIONED, so of course that's at the top of their list. Customizing Pokestops is very obvious, especially if they get into sponsorship deals.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Well thank god this won't be a game with only gen 1 pokemon... Hopefully Johto comes soon! They never answered the Ditto shit though):

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Don't know how they'll be implementing Pokemon Centers but I'll gladly welcome them since the current healing system is a pain.

The team leaders look a bit like what I imagined them to look like (especially Spark), but I was expecting the other two to have hair colors matching their team and I definitely thought Blanche would have glasses. Regardless they all look good and I'm curious at how they'll take part in the game.

Citrus

Aspiring Trainer
"Niantic stated they consider this Pokemon’s official MMO" Alright Niantic.. being a bit overgenerous are we? :I

the pokemon 'mmo' is something I always think of being said in hushed tones.. as the thing that will end all existance xD GO isn't that ;I the pokemon mmo will never exist because a real well made poke mmo just wouldn't sound investment

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
I hope they make us able to battle other players directly. Gyms alone aren't that great.

Can't waiiiiiit for the later-gen mon's! I want all of the eevees. :)

Candela's awesome, I picked the right team. :D

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Trading Pokemon is the most exciting thing imo. I think they should release the games officially in other countries with the new upcoming update :] I think trading will make the game a lot better. I wonder if it is going to be something like trading from your house, or something that you have to go and meet your friend in order to trade. I think they should it fast. After all, what's a Pokemon game without trading?

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Their poses in sequence like that look like dance steps in JustDance or whatever.

Unfortunately none of these updates will fix my main problem with the game: It doesn't feel like a Pokémon game, it feels like an excellent geocaching engine wearing the skin of a Pokémon game and huskily whispering "remember....." I'm all for the hype and no longer being laughed out of a room of adults, but if the side-effect is more of this (admittedly fascinating social experiment disguised as a) game, I'll stick to the main series.

Sashlyr

Aspiring Trainer
I really want to try this game, I'm from Uruguay. We need to wait... And I need a better smartphone haha

They are going to update the game after a major global release, and I think they are going to put 2nd gen mons at the same time as the trading feature, because... Idk, 145 mons + trading... it will be too easy to catch 'em all.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Their number 1 priority should be resolving server issues instead of trading or rolling it out to more countries. If the servers are already having trouble handling the load, why let additional countries download? That will only make the problems worse. To me it really seems that Niantic doesn't care about its customers and only cares about how much many they can make. Many people have already quit and uninstalled the app because its a fierce battle to even get online.

I'm expecting the characters to influence which legendary Pokemon you can get first. That would make sense given that trading is going to be in the game.