New 'Sun' and 'Moon' Pokemon Salandit Revealed!

I don't know how I feel about the name being connected to what Pokemon it is. Toxic lizard pokemon and the name Salandit, probably salamander and bandit.

This is a neat concept! We finally got a Poison/Fire type, and it looks great. Interesting ability too. I really can't wait to get Pokémon Moon!

I really hope that is not the final status condition animation. That flashing over the level is extremely annoying.

its not always easy for poison or fire types to get past heatran, but threatening him with toxic is huge! not sure if this guy is a final evolution, but i hope to see this ability on a pokemon with the correct stats or tools to create pressure in other ways also (toxic on steel types does not necessarily make a pokemon viable)

I'm not sure how I feel about the design, but I love the type! It's mouth looks like part of a Darkrai, and it's body looks like a Rattata.

The design is okay, but seriously do not like the ability. It's really OP since now Steel-types can get Poisoned...

Just need to wait and see if Salandit has any evolutions. If so; we may have a really strong competitive Pokemon on our hands.

The design is okay, but seriously do not like the ability. It's really OP since now Steel-types can get Poisoned...

Just need to wait and see if Salandit has any evolutions. If so; we may have a really strong competitive Pokemon on our hands.

"Salandit is not a very powerful Pokemon"

I think this comes to indicate that it will not be all that powerful. Still, we need to wait and see if it gets an evolution.

Very interesting...it also suggests Sweet Scent in the level-up moveset, as well as Attract (which doesn't matter, since it's usually a TM anyhow).

It's an interesting Ability, but I would argue that it's not a game-changer any more than the Poison status already is.

I would prefer Corrosion to be an attack that can also hit Steel types, and possibly be super-effective (a la Freeze Dry)...but, maybe something like that will happen with another name (along the lines of Acid Bath).

I'll be using this on my Moon team for sure. Especially if it has an evolution. This is what my team is so far.

Popplio/Rowlet
Pikipek
Salandit
Umbreon

Also, I feel like Sandlit will get a good card eventually

A menacing lizard that can poison even toxins and iron? Instant addition to my team!

I reckon it might be a one-stage line, but if it evolves, then I'm in for a good time competitively.

This reptilian bandit is surely going to be a nuisance to mons like Steelix and even Ferrothorn! Would make a good addition to anyone who works for the main villain team in the game, whoever that might be.

Can poison steel types. That may be pretty relevant. I wonder how many pokemon will get that ability.

The ability could be really good if this Pokemon gets a good evolution, or if another, more viable, Pokemon gets it.
Salandit itself is giving me Helioptile/Sandile vibes in terms of design so I'm thinking it will evolve, although I'm thinking it might only have one evolution.

I don't really see the Fire- type in it. I almost think it would be better as Poison/Dark, but who knows, maybe it will evolve into something with flames or a fire salamander (Which have poisons that sting really bad and feel like fire).

It's Ability is very interesting, but will other Pokemon get it is my question.

Back