Cutiefly, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Togedemaru, Bruxish, and Tapu Koko Revealed!

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
i absolutely love charjabug. what an awesomely simple design, harks back to gen 1 simplicity while totally retaining the new 3d pokemon feel. This is a mon that just wouldnt be able to be created in past gens!

in general i am loving almost every design that has come out of sun and moon so far. awesome!

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
You say lazily slapped on a box and called it a day, I say they ingeniously turned Charjabug into a car battery that evolves into jumper cables (Vikavolt). Nothing lazy about creatively taking a bug cocoon concept and merged it with an electrical theme of a battery seamlessly.
Completely agree. Nowadays, people is unappeasable. They see very original designs, and they call them weird. They see very standard designs, and they call them lazy.

These new Pokémon are all freaking original, that's why I love them so much. I play Pokémon since the day 1 of the franchise, and I swear I never complained about a single Pokémon, they're all beautiful because they are all different and original, and who cares if people wants to see the same cocoon again and again.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Oh, my goodness! That 7th screenshot of the forest looks beautiful!

Also, I love Tapu Koko's design. It's very clever and interesting. =)

Last edited:

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Great names for all and each of the New Pokémon. That said, Zygarde looks to be pretty OP with the Core Enforcer move. I mean, erasing/disabling any Abilities of opposing Pokémon that have used moves on the same turn Core Enforcer has come into play? That is surely something that has never happened before.

That said, I'm more surprised about its ability staying as Power Construct, but perhaps, now that I think of it, maybe Zygarde Complete Forme's Ability also works backwards, and triggers a possible endless loop of sorts. Like, say when Zygarde Complete Forme goes to 50% of its total health, perhaps it devolves back to Zygarde 50% Forme, but when the latter goes into low HP itself, it returns back to Zygarde Complete and restoring its HP level back into a safe zone, thereby establishing, maybe, some sort of endless loop?

If so, the endless loop may refer to the legendary Ouroboros serpent which represents infinity and immortality, not to say, it also happens the Ouroboros has a connection with alchemy as well. It goes even further with having associations to the World Serpent Jorgunmandr, the cycle of life and death, etc, etc.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
I still think Charjabug looks like a toy subway car. And apparently it's the new Kricketune.

Cutiefly's cry sounds like a higher pitched Fennekin and Togedemaru's sounds like a sped up Raichu. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I love them!

Oh, and about time we got official Sugimori art for Zygarde's formes.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Those forest and Stoutland screenshots look so good, can't wait to see more of those.

Pretty big fan of most of these revealed Pokemon, Vikivolt may now be my fave earlygame bug, and I like Bruxish's design. Speaking of Bruxish, I really hope its ability gets given out to more Pokemon, it sounds very interesting.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
I'll be interested to see if Drampa, Bruxish or Cutiefly will have evolutions (Pretty confident that Togedemaru won't since the Pikachu clones don't evolve)

It's sort of awesome that we can ride Pokemon again but sort of not because I'm betting that'll it be area specific like in X & Y with Mamoswine being used to clear a snowy area and Rhyhorn being used to clear a rocky area. If you're allowed to ride certain large Pokemon in the game whenever you like, like the bicycle, then the hype is real.

Screenshot 7 looks awesome. It seems to be in a mossy cave area so I wonder where that is in Alola. Judging from the Pokemon revealed, I'm guessing that we might find Drampa along with some old and unrevealed new Pokemon.

Trading looks even more awesome.

Something interests me in the trailer. When Cutiefly is shown, you can see a path behind it. Not really Pokemon related but the new Fire Emblem has a new battle feature where when you start a battle, it zooms in on the area where the battle is taking place. Pokemon may be doing this now, which would be awesome.

They showed the Zygarde Cells and Core meaning that they may have a Pokedex entry or some significance even though it doesn't seem like you need them to transform from one Zygarde form to another. They say the Zygarde Cells exist all around the Alola region so maybe we have to find the cells to unlock Zygarde and it's formes (like if you collect 10, you can get the 10% form, if you get 50, you get the 50% form and when you get all 100, you get the complete form).

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The main site also confirms that Charjabug is in fact the evolved form of Grubbin. Surprise, surprise.

Anyway, there's a couple of interesting tidbits in this batch of screenshots. The Stoutland one has my attention, the site teases it as a "new feature" so there seems to be more to this than just bringing back riding Pokemon. We also now have confirmation than Psyduck and Zubat are in the Alola Dex (I can feel everyone's excitement for the latter). And yeah, that forest looks amazing.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
Ah, so koala-mon's ability seems a little different than I had anticipated. If I'm reading and inferring correctly, it seems to say that it's always asleep (and presumably can attack while asleep) and that's why it can't be affected by any other status conditions (so the immunity comes from the fact that it's already affected by another status: sleep).
Thoughts?

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
^Yup, I think that's the case.

--------------
So, is Tapu Koko a legendary or not?

--------------
About Zygarde...
"There are many more Cells than there are Cores, and they exist all around the Alola region."
When I read this I was like "What?!". And then I read Zygarde 50%'s description which says:
"this Forme contains only 50% of Zygarde’s cells. Out in the world, an equal amount of power waits to be brought together."
So, Zygarde (in this case, a 50% forme) is native to Kalos but half of its Cells are in Alola? How did that happened?
Honestly, all of this this just sounds like a lame explanation to justify the fact that they abandoned the Zygarde's concept for a 3rd Kalos game and are using it instead on the new gen's games... which doesn't make any sense unless Zyarde has a connection to the Alola's cover legendaries... which I doubt.

As if that wasn't enough, they decided to make all my Gen 6 Zygarde useless as they're stuck with Aura Break. There might still be hope if Power Construct is a second-slot ability, as an Ability Capsule can fix that issue, but knowing how TrollFreak is, Power Construct probably occupies the Hidden Ability slot. Also, why does Perfect Zygarde keeps Power Construct? Does it make it reverse to the previous form if it recovers HP or is it just stuck with a useless ability? I don't know which one is worse...
The only "good" news out of this is that the ability activates after losing 50% of its HP and not just when the HP gets to the red.

GDubs

Aspiring Trainer
Not feeling Tapu Koko's name. Sounds like a Dragon Quest monster or something else instead of a Pokémon

Turquoise

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
The official website said that we'll discover moves more powerful than ever seen before. Why did they specifically said this even though it's not that rare to get some new moves on a new generation? Could this be related to the 5th slot shown at E3 demo or that bracelet?

The official web also state that we could go on "adventures in uncharted locations", which implies that there are still much more of Alola than what've been shown.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Thoughts: Tapu Koko is not its real name. It's just what they call it.

There will be other guardians for the other islands.

Mitja

veteran smartass
"Its wings and tail each have their own Core. Each Core serves as a brain and can make decisions and act independently."

Finally confirming my thought that full Zygarde is 5 cores. Not that it matters much, but it makes me feel better xD

I wonder if any old Pokemon are getting "Comatose" ability in some unused slot. Slakoth/Slaking or Snorlax? Nvm, Slaking would be too strong xD But I feel like Komala is a Slakoth counterpart. Would be cool.

Also, we absolutely need "Dazzling" on SEVERAL pokemon that will be relevant competitively. Right now, Bruxish might still turn out to be some statwise subpar non-evolving Pokemon that will seem like a cute idea to try and come up with a counter to Talonflame, but being far from close enough to addressing the issue.

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
Thoughts: Tapu Koko is not its real name. It's just what they call it.

There will be other guardians for the other islands.

Um, not sure if this is sarcasm? But yes, Tapu Koko IS it's name, and it's virtually guaranteed we'll have other guardians.

Oh my goodness, though, there's a very awesome protection vibe coming from these Pokemon. Drampa is definitely going on a themed team at some point. Bruxish's description made me literally cringe though, hehe. Please don't grind your teeth, little fish. It's bad for you.