Cutiefly, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Togedemaru, Bruxish, and Tapu Koko Revealed!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Dazzling probably blocks priority moves, or perhaps moves with low base power, or moves that aren't stab.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Drampa for best Gen 7 Pokémon so far; I love me some super cute Dragon-types.

Also, the PikaClone looks like an Emolga visited the day care with a pufferfish.

CBA516

Pokemon Trainer
Charjabug and Vikavolt are probably more than likely Grubbin's evolutions as it likes electricity and judging by names, appearance and moves these two have a lot to do with electricity.

Giratinous Cube

six menacing points
I love/hate Bruxish's name.

I think Charjabug and Vikavolt are evolutions of Grubbin, which is very obviously a beetle grub and is said to hang around power plants. Cutiefly...looks like some kind of Bombyliidae, commonly known as bee flies. Maybe we're getting our first real fly pokemon.

e: Article's since changed to reflect speculation on the beetles!

Anyway, true to its name, Cutiefly's the cutest of the bunch. New pikaclone (a hedgehog?) could've had it, but its design is a little too...I dunno. Togepi?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think Charjabug and Vikavolt are evolutions of Grubbin, which is very obviously a beetle grub and is said to hang around power plants. Cutiefly...looks like some kind of Bombyliidae, commonly known as bee flies. Maybe we're getting our first real fly pokemon.

I agree. Grubbin's dex entry sets it up to have a Bug/Electric evolution, and both Charjabug and Vikavolt seem like they would have that type combo. I would guess Grubbin, Charjabug, and Vikavolt form a three stage evolutionary line.

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
These scream fake to me... They just look... I guess too washed-out? Pastel?

Cutiefly doesn't even look like a Pokemon, and I swear Vikavolt is a Digimon.

Lord help me if these are real...

It's also kinda interesting the sharp art style turn from the Starters, Nekkoala, and Iwanko with these. Also, did the video show either Nekkoala or Iwanko?

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my goodness I'm in love with Drampa!! :D I also kind of like Vikavolt as well, although I don't tend to use Bug-types (if it is a Bug-type). Bruxish's ability it intriguing as well, will definitely look into having one on my team if it's movepool is decent.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Tapu Koko looks amazing. My bet is Fighting/ Psychic, OR - Fighting/ Fairy ? :O

btw- It really reminds me of Sigilyph.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Must say, I got surprised with the leaks we just got. I'm pretty happy with the designs. They all look unique in their own way, with Charibug looking like a cocoon that is shaped like a mini bus. Like who expected that? I must say though that I like Drampa a lot in terms of how derpy it looks. I'm going to laugh if that thing ends up being the Pesudo Legend in some way. Even more, someone at Serebii pointed out the possibility that Drampa could be a three-stage evolution based on the old riddle of the child, adult and the eldery. It also looks like that dragon from the Neverending Story franchise/movie.

Bruxish though...while fugly, its ability is going to mean a lot in the metagame. I mean, a ability that appears to stop priority attacks? Did we just get to see our absolute Talonflame killer here?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Also, did the video show either Nekkoala or Iwanko?
I believe the videos were simply short footage of each of the new Pokemon and them attacking, in individual videos. I originally thought that they would be fake because they did not show the Trainer, but @Bolt the Cat pointed out that the Trainer didn't show during the attacking segment in the E3 footage, and that a sliver of the female trainer can be seen in the Vikivolt clip.

Eitherway, I find most of these ugly and in general unpleasant, though I think Tapu Koko looks pretty neat! Though, I always feel like this ever since BW days, whenever I see Pokemon from a new generation for the first time.

Last edited:

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
... It's been 20 minutes and I wanna retract everything in my original post. They're all growing on me.

inb4 the Ru Paul naming trend on Bruxish tho.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I believe the videos were simply short footage of each of the new Pokemon and them attacking, in individual videos.

If that's the case, it could have been pulled from the footage that's supposed to be a part of the new released by Pokémon tomorrow. General attacking video shots seems like something that would be shown.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I think it's safe to say Cutiefly is a lightning bug instead of a bee

Also... ELECTRIC TYYYYYYPES!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I'm really not feeling Drampa's design, it just looks too weird to me tbh. I feel like some could use small fixes, such as Bruxish's mouth or Charjabug's eyes. I really like Vikivolt's design, and Cutiefly & Togedemaru looks adorable as well! Tapu Koko looks rather cool too, I'm wondering if it'll be a Flying-type, due to it's resemblance to a bird when looking from the side?

Edit: The more I look at Bruxish's mouth, the more I like it. Still not that big a fan of Charjabug's eyes though. And Drampa will still take a lot of time to warm up to

Last edited: