Cutiefly, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Togedemaru, Bruxish, and Tapu Koko Revealed!

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
All of the pokemon look decent/great but Drampa takes the cake. What an interesting design and typing. I honestly hope it's a single stage pokemon. I'm also glad to see that electric rodent might not be completely useless with its promising typing and decent ability. It also can raise spikes from its back so that's cool. Bruxish's ability might have a profound impact on the metagame, though it still might be too early to tell. I mean, the ability that makes you immune to priority is amazing. Poor Talonflame if this thing has an evolution or at least solid stats. I am satisfied with this. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get one or two gym leaders.

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
Quite decent Pokémon this time:

- I really like Drampa; reminds me of "Falkor"/"Fuchur", the Luck Dragon for The Neverending Story! :rolleyes: And I have been waiting for a Normal/Dragon type for quite some time now.

- I was wondering what would be this Gen's Rodent PikaClone. Togedemaru is apparently based on porcupine. I was hoping for something like that, but didn't expect Electric/Steel...! :eek: No English name? Guess that it's ok...!

- Tapu Koko is my favourite this time. Like the dual typing, Electric/Fairy, too.

- Charjabug/Vikavolt is ok, but they probably won't end on my E4 Team.

- Cutiefly is cute, and I really like the dual typing.

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
My favorite out of all of these Vikavolt, it looks pretty intimidating and kind of cool. I see Cutiefly and I see the face of Fletchling there.

The Pika Clone looks like it wanted to be an evolution of Dedenne, but it's going to be it's own, standalone Pokemon...

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
These are all the English names, Bulbapedia lists the Japanese names since the English ones aren't "offically" revealed.

The only Pokemon who's name is the same as in Japan is Togedemaru I believe. I think Tapu Koko is more or less the same in Japanese too.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
The only Pokemon who's name is the same as in Japan is Togedemaru I believe. I think Tapu Koko is more or less the same in Japanese too.

Yeah Tapu Koko and Togedemaru (I hate that name it's too long and clunky) are the same in both

GangsterGlalie

What has life come to?
This trailer confirms that I'm catching a Grubbin. I love the evolutions! Also, Bruxishes face looks like a face you put on a totem pole.
EDIT: Drampa kind of looks like a Dunsparce evolution!

Last edited:

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
Bruxish is (aptly) ugly af but I love how it and Tapu Koko reflect the island/indigenous theme. Great designs. The name Cutiefly makes me want to die (in a good way)!

So I guess the prefix/kanji (I don't fully know what I'm talking about bear with me) 'toge-' has something to do with roundness. And '-maru' is boy ja? Could Togedemaru be -- ROUNDBOY??