Koala Pokemon 'Nekkoala' and Puppy Pokemon 'Iwanako' Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

nekkoala is cute... i hope he evolves into something which makes use of that nice ability!

Not usually one for cute stuff and I still think that koala is cute. And I wasn't really expecting the dog to be Rock, but better that than Normal.

Yeah, it's getting kinda late, I might just log off-*sees CoroCoro leaks on Serebii*
WHAAAT!? *Immediately logs on to PokeBeach*

So cool that we finally got a koala Pokemon. I like that they're referencing the fact that real life koalas sleep 20+ hours a day with his whole concept. Also, awesome ability.

The dog is unbeliveably precious. Might even be cuter than Lillipup. Also, it has Sandy Cheeks' tail! XD

I was afraid the dog was going to be another normal type. Pure rock typing is really cool for it, has potential to have an unique evolution line.

Pretty awesome to see the dog Pokemon isn't normal - and pure-rock to boot. Hopefully it's available early game! Also, love the ability on the koala Pokemon (and that fact that I can now say "koala Pokemon").

Also, conformation that the QR codes will be used for events, as well! Given that they're releasing them on cards this time (given that the games won't even be out yet), it still makes me wonder if they will continue to hand out cards for post-game-release events like they have before (just with QR codes instead of those pesky serial codes you had to punch in), or just post a sign that everyone can scan but can only be gotten once per cartridge. I'm going to still presume the former for now, but we'll see.

Also, conformation that the QR codes will be used for events, as well! Given that they're releasing them on cards this time (given that the games won't even be out yet), it still makes me wonder if they will continue to hand out cards for post-game-release events like they have before (just with QR codes instead of those pesky serial codes you had to punch in), or just post a sign that everyone can scan but can only be gotten once per cartridge. I'm going to still presume the former for now, but we'll see.

I would hope for the latter if only to avoid having a finite number of distributions, that's something I don't really want to worry about anymore.

I almost wish that Nekkoala was a Fire type so it could be called "Coala". :p

Funny enough, though, I initially thought that Iwanako was Normal. I wasn't expecting Rock! Though I wouldn't have guessed it from the Pokemon itself, though -- if not Normal, I would have expected something along the lines of Ground.

wonder if the "secret involving Iwanako and its first Pokemon Trainer" is a reference to that dog waiting at the train station tale from japan, though I get the feeling that may have been inspiration for a different dog pokemon a while back...

I almost wish that Nekkoala was a Fire type so it could be called "Coala". :p

Funny enough, though, I initially thought that Iwanako was Normal. I wasn't expecting Rock! Though I wouldn't have guessed it from the Pokemon itself, though -- if not Normal, I would have expected something along the lines of Ground.

I would have guessed Normal/Rock or Normal/Ground just by appearance.

Looking at it again, methinks it's a shiba inu puppy. Doge Pokemon confirmed...I'm so sorry.

Yeah I wanted a koala pokemon. So thats 1 up for me from my comment in 'What kind of pokemon do you want to see in sun and moon' thread.

The beginning area (I assume) dog is a Rock-type? Awesome! Also, that Koala is adorable, and it's Ability is not bad either. Wonder what they will evolve into. It also begs the question if the first Gym will be Rock-type, and they will use Iwanko / It's Evolution (if it has one).
Iwanko looks like it is wearing a bowtie. Pokémon are so classy nowadays, with Rowlet and this.
Also, called CoroCoro would be giving us random Pokémon! Now if E3 shows us the Starter Evolutions, I will be a future reader!

Back