Koala Pokemon 'Nekkoala' and Puppy Pokemon 'Iwanako' Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

I think I'm more intrigued by this "secret" the starters and Iwanko have. I mean if it is a mega or its gen 7 equivalent, it would make sense for the starters, but the fact that Iwanko has this same "secret" is what's really interesting if it is an early route Pokemon.

The magazine hints there is a secret involving Iwanko and its first Pokemon Trainer.
Is this referring to when we catch an Iwanko, whenever an Iwanko is first caught, or the first trainer we meet in-game with an Iwanko? That would change a lot when it comes to speculation.

So I was thinking...
That "secret" involving Iwanko's first trainer... Could it be Synchro/Burst?
Also, the that movie poster, it shows Pikachu riding Talonflame. Pikachu riding a bird...
Thunder armor confirmed for Pokemon Movie 2016.

I really dig both of these designs. Abilities and types taken into account, these seem more interesting than usual.

Like a lot of people, I'm really pleased the dog isn't a Normal-type. I loved Lillipup when I first saw it (I'm slightly obsessed with dogs), but I was disappointed that it was just Normal. Definitely looking to have one of these guys on my team! Although I'm planning on starting with Litten I think, so catching it might be a bit of a pain!

The koala is super cute! I don't usually use Normal-types though, but I'll wait and see it's evolutions before passing full judgement.

What are your thoughts on these two pokemon.

Personally I think that the design of both are fantastic. For nekkoala I think it will evolve once into a grass type similar to the other bear pokemon. Iwanko is more interesting considering coro coro said that both it and the starters hold a secret. My guess is that we might get a second set of starter pokemon with the typings of rock, flying, and fighting. This would probably make Rowlett evolve into a ground type.

Man, I really love Iwanko. I'm usually not a big fan of most non-Fossil Rock-types, but he's super sweet. I hope he joins early enough that he has a the potential to be a long-running team member, even if his stats aren't great.

I wonder if Iwanako will take a second starter type when evolving, kind like a Eevee/Burmy conbination or since the bracelet the trainers are carrying looks very rocky and not the usual round and fancy design of the previous Mega-Bracelets, perhaps there will be a link.

I'm loving all the Pokémon so far and it's nice to have a Rock puppy instead of the usual Normal type rodent.

Hello, Sears? I'd like to purchase 20 Iwanako's please. And about 15 Nekkoala's.

Seriously, these things are too adorable, it should be illegal. They look like little stuffed animals that you can hug and snuggle and oh gosh I want them.

I'm hoping that Iwanako will turn into a beautiful gemstone-like dog, with a bunch of colors of the rainbow...or something like that. Unfortunately, it might seem to turn into just a regular ol' dirt dog. Which is fine, I guess...but gemstone dog would be cool.

Nekkoala also is my spirit Pokemon. I can imagine it staying a normal type, or perhaps fighting, with a giant wooden mallet. Or it'll just be Snorlax 2.0.

I love all these Pokemon so far. :_:

Wonder what their English names will be?
Iwanko: Ruppy? (rock+puppy)
Nekkoala: Napkoala/Napoala?

If Iwanko gets an evo, maybe that one will be called Bouldog?

Really like all the tidbits we're getting and new pokemon images! I'm not sure how I feel about Iwanko being a rock type. Just doesn't seem like it fits with his design. Of course, once it evolves the collar could act as a good device to showcase its typing more.

Would have loved Nekkoala more if it was a grass type. I enjoy its design, but normal pokemon just don't do it for me. Maybe it'll gain a typing when it evolves :)

Back