Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Initial thoughts are that this card will run rampant. Thank goodness it's a supporter card.
I am also a bit relieved that it's a Supporter. Having it be an item card would A. not be useable under Item lock and B. Players could use 2-3 in a turn and it would be chaotic.
Also, I just realized something. If you have a poisoned EX in the active and no way to cure it, and it will die on the next between turns stage, you could play this, save an EX, and simply put out a non-EX Basic, letting it be KO'd, and your opponent only takes one prize card. Ha.

can be usefull to save some spirit link if you have to play sycamore... then Ninja next turn for the appropriate pokemon and go for mega...

I'm calling this to be a better AZ. That's just my initial thought though

Maybe... except AZ is used to also pick up damaged pokemon to prevent prizes. This? Not so much. Still like the idea to stop Shaymin starts.

Xerneas T2 Geomancy > Ninja Boy > Bring Gardevoir-EX out + Mega evolve.

This card probably will have a greater effect IF night march is rotated out.

Every new era starts on the Februuary set, since Steam Seige is the August set we are going to have an XY12 as the last set

You're right and wrong. Japan is not going to have a XY12. It will be a concept pack (the 6th iirc), with 80~ cards (it's a 20th anniversary set), to be released in September, the month when they would have a possible XY12, so this concept pack will take the place of a regular set until the first SM set comes out. However, my guess is that this concept pack will be used my TPCi to form our last XY set in November.

I can imagine this'd probably be a real boost to any decks which use Mega Pokémon. And pending you have the right cards/Spirit Link in hand, too.

hmmm... Ninja Boy Ho-oh DRX that was rebirth'd with a Xerneas BKT waiting in deck.

Wow... This looks like an awesome utility card! I could see an energy acceleration trick you use it for: Like if a move or ability can only attach energy to a particular type of Pokemon (say Carbink BREAK), you could set up by using the effect on the proper Pokemon (In this regard, a Fighting Pokemon), and use Ninja Boy to replace that Pokemon with a different one (Say, Yveltal-EX), that otherwise wouldn't have been compatible in the first place. This one will be fun to experiment with!

You're right and wrong. Japan is not going to have a XY12. It will be a concept pack (the 6th iirc), with 80~ cards (it's a 20th anniversary set), to be released in September, the month when they would have a possible XY12, so this concept pack will take the place of a regular set until the first SM set comes out. However, my guess is that this concept pack will be used my TPCi to form our last XY set in November.
No CP's don't count as "sets" they don't take the place of actual sets for example in February 2013 Japan got Shiny Collection (numbered SC) then the month after they got BW 9, Thunder Knuckle and Spiral Force (Plasma Freeze), which was when they were scheduled, same with Double Collection, Double Crisis, Legendary Shine Collection, Pokekyun Collection, and Premium Champion Pack, and 20th Aniversary BREAK starter deck :p also Japan did get Legendary Treasures (EX Battle Boost), though it wasn't considered BW11 It was considered EBB but nonetheless it was a reprint set that was exactly the same in both English and Japanese (minus a couple of secret rares such as Imakuni? And Pokemon TV cards and ours had shiny collection built into it)

Ninja Boy is the card that finally makes Ancient Traits strong! You want to set up a benched pokemon with 4 energy but dont want it getting Lysandre'd during setup? Set up Omega Barrier Electrike and then Ninja Boy it for your Golem-EX once done.
You want to put 2 fighting fury belts on your Emboar-EX so it has 260hp and hits for 170? Ninja Boy it out from your Theta Double Entei with 2 belts attached.
With this and the new Volcanion-EX i think Entei decks are going to be absurdly strong in the future.

I can imagine this'd probably be a real boost to any decks which use Mega Pokémon. And pending you have the right cards/Spirit Link in hand, too.
I was thinking it'd benefit Mega decks a lot too. We can slap Spirit Links onto any Basic now since they carry over after swooping, and essentially evolve into the Mega immediately.

No CP's don't count as "sets" they don't take the place of actual sets for example in February 2013 Japan got Shiny Collection (numbered SC) then the month after they got BW 9, Thunder Knuckle and Spiral Force (Plasma Freeze), which was when they were scheduled, same with Double Collection, Double Crisis, Legendary Shine Collection, Pokekyun Collection, and Premium Champion Pack, and 20th Aniversary BREAK starter deck :p also Japan did get Legendary Treasures (EX Battle Boost), though it wasn't considered BW11 It was considered EBB but nonetheless it was a reprint set that was exactly the same in both English and Japanese (minus a couple of secret rares such as Imakuni? And Pokemon TV cards and ours had shiny collection built into it)

Oh, really? And guess what? EX Battle Boost was advertised as a concept pack. It was used to buy time until the first XY set... This new concept pack isn't a mini-set as usual (it has the number of cards a regular set would have), and drops on the same month that a regular japanese set would drop, meaning it will also be used to buy time until the first SM set comes out...

You want to put 2 fighting fury belts on your Emboar-EX so it has 260hp and hits for 170? Ninja Boy it out from your Theta Double Entei with 2 belts attached.
With this and the new Volcanion-EX i think Entei decks are going to be absurdly strong in the future.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Entei can hold 2 FFB is because of its Ancient Trait, which Emboar-EX doesn't have. If you switch Entei for Emboar-EX, I believe you have to discard one of the tools.

Back