News Mythical Pokemon Collections

Omg.

2 packs with promo and pin = $25 CAD.
10 packs in an ETB = $125+?

That's a little cheaper than a flipping regular set's booster box. Please tell me my price estimates are too high... I'll pay ~$60 max for this (considering regular ETBs are $50). I'll miss out on the pins but if the packs don't end up setting me back $12.50 each it's worth it, especially with the good pull rates according to YouTube.

Why do you think it would cost more for ETB?
Don't all the promotional packs with pins cost around $20-$25?
With this you get an exclusive set of boosters, a mythical card and a pin?.. So $25 seems totally reasonably and on par.

Therefore, the ETB should not cost too much more... Normal ETB have 8 boosters.

It is a small set and a special anniversary set.

I wish everyone would chill out a bit about it.

Also - the Shaymin print is not the Shaymin everyone wants... Just FYI

This is splendid news indeed. One of my absolute pet peeves about the set so far is that there is no official list at all and the Elite Trainer Box will have that and much more.

With two more boosters and the promo I would expect at best it would be maybe ten dollars more then the normal ones so fifty is my wager and if not hopefully not more then Fifty-Five.

Why do you think it would cost more for ETB?
Don't all the promotional packs with pins cost around $20-$25?
With this you get an exclusive set of boosters, a mythical card and a pin?.. So $25 seems totally reasonably and on par.

Therefore, the ETB should not cost too much more... Normal ETB have 8 boosters.

It is a small set and a special anniversary set.

I wish everyone would chill out a bit about it.

Also - the Shaymin print is not the Shaymin everyone wants... Just FYI

Pin Packs usually come with 3 Packs and either 2-3 pins as of lately. They cost around $15-$17 if they come with one pin and 3 packs.

$25 for a Pin Pack is HIGHLY unreasonable. Especially in the Mythical box which only offers you two packs, and if you're not getting an EX - you're getting a poorly placed Uncommon in the form of a rare.

It doesn't matter if it's for the anniversary, it doesn't make up for how terrible the product pricing and set is.

So no, it isn't something to be chill over. Some of us actually want to invest in the set but the price is too much of a turn off. There's a lot of things they've done poorly lately, and being apologetic over it really doesn't mean "It's not a problem."

Pin Packs usually come with 3 Packs and either 2-3 pins as of lately. They cost around $15-$17 if they come with one pin and 3 packs.

$25 for a Pin Pack is HIGHLY unreasonable. Especially in the Mythical box which only offers you two packs, and if you're not getting an EX - you're getting a poorly placed Uncommon in the form of a rare.

It doesn't matter if it's for the anniversary, it doesn't make up for how terrible the product pricing and set is.

So no, it isn't something to be chill over. Some of us actually want to invest in the set but the price is too much of a turn off. There's a lot of things they've done poorly lately, and being apologetic over it really doesn't mean "It's not a problem."

Fair enough - I completely understand where you are coming from.

I guess paying a few extra $$$ for the pin/2booster box to ensure that over the course of the year I have all the mythical cards (as in latest cards of all myth Pokemon) doesn't bother me.
I collect myth and legend cards so it's awesome to get them all in a year.

It really isn't about being apologetic either... It's their anniversary and Generations is an extra release this year because of it. They have produced limited stock so that immediately means the initial price is more, but it also means the cards may have increased value over time. And not just the cards that are good to play.

I guess I stand somewhat corrected on my previous statement then though :) Generations, by design, is a limited additional anniversary release, which means you cannot compare it to regular release prices and contents. It is what it is.

Many of us, who can afford it, are happy about this because we are able to collect cards which may have a good value over time.

Yep :/ not buying as usual. 10 packs though? With their current 5 dollar trend plus an ex this will end up costing $49.99... Anyways the art on the ex looks weird, Generations is bad, etc. I refuse to pay more than a MAXIMUM of $29.99 because this set is so worthless..,

Exactly. When you walk into a store and it says $12.99 that's fine. However when individual sellers (or Toys R Us) sells for like $25 dollars...why am I going to invest in a set that doesn't serve its own purpose? I'm not. The set doesn't even have very many cards that really show "Generations". The best they could do was take some old school art and throw it onto a newer XY Pokemon. Really? So TACKY. Why would I relax over a set where the cards are bad, the set isn't nostalgic, and it's overpriced. Anyone who says this is something to be chill on needs to think about what the non 1% has to pay for these prices. You can get that Mega Shiny Gyrados Figure Collection for $19.99 at most places but somehow, SOMEHOW the teeny tiny box there with a Celebi promo, pin, and two crappy packs are worth $24.99? All you need is one brain cell to understand this is crazy. The problem here is Pokemon is doing so many crummy releases. I mean think about it Pokemon is releasing all of this Generations set crap way overpriced. When those EX boxes come out they will be the price of an Elite Trainer Box. This is crazy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! As a Shaymin collector I'm glad to see there's a way to get an English version of the Pokekyun shaymin. Also, here's hoping the energy prints in there are the Generations prints and not the standard boring ones.

Nice! As a Shaymin collector I'm glad to see there's a way to get an English version of the Pokekyun shaymin. Also, here's hoping the energy prints in there are the Generations prints and not the standard boring ones.

Ooh yes - I didn't think of that!! Energy prints!!! That's a tad exciting!!! I would love a set of generation energies! :)

Ooh yes - I didn't think of that!! Energy prints!!! That's a tad exciting!!! I would love a set of generation energies! :)

I'm super excited to see if they are, cause I have my folder sectioned into types and an energy in the corner as a guide, but currently they're scattered between the Play! Pokémon holofoil and the standard ones (there are a few types with no P!P prints :( IIRC) but being able to have Generations for them all would be amazing!

If the sleeves are the same as in the Pokekyun collection, I will freaking die. I also hope that the box will have all of the characters from the booster artwork (pikachu, Charizard, blastoise, and venusaur)

That looks more like a "Pokekyun box" than a "Generations box". I hope we get that design on the box and sleeves over here in the states. :)

That's because it is? Japan doesnt have Generations the way Eurpoe and America do, there's no product image for it yet.

Oh my Arcues , you all know how much I love Shaymin ( Land ). Must save MONEY . Need Shaymin.
Artwork too cute to compehend. Also playable buying Lots.

I'm super excited to see if they are, cause I have my folder sectioned into types and an energy in the corner as a guide, but currently they're scattered between the Play! Pokémon holofoil and the standard ones (there are a few types with no P!P prints :( IIRC) but being able to have Generations for them all would be amazing!

Last night I was chatting to hubby about changing my collection layout from energy types to set... The radiant collections set is sooooo cute I want to see it all together...

Of course. But the article stated it was a "Generations box".

Shaymin-EX was originally released in Japan on January 29th as part of a special “Pokekyun Collection Premium Set,” with Pokekyun Collection of course being the mini-set that became our second Radiant Collection within Generations.

The image probably got included bc of that bit and it's basically the Japanese equivalent of it.

This is nice to hear. Those card singles are very expensive right now. I way my full art Zappy!
i agree i really want a zapos the first pokemon i ever leveled to 100 was a Zapdos.
So out of the Legendariy birds Zapdos and me made a Sparking team.
( Nailed the pun right ? )

Back