News Mythical Pokemon Collections

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
As a European, I'm actually really glad we get the jumbo. I don't like the look of that figure at all, but the artwork on that Charizard card is gorgeous and I'd be glad to have it as a jumbo. :D

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Arceus attack has energy symbols listed in order, so it isn't a reprint, but may have a similar attack to the last promo Arceus.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
These cards look beautifull! The Arceus pin looks great too! :p
Why can't they just make full arts for all of my favorite Pokémon o_O

destroymichelle

Aspiring Trainer
I live in the Netherlands, so I'm only able too buy the European version of the Charizard EX-box, but I want that figure! Stupid Jumbo cards.... :(

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
I have to say what is the point of these jumbo cards? I wish that Pokemon just stopped with the jumbo cards and replaced them with figures because they can look nice on a desk or something.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
I watched that video and he seemed like he didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about the cards. I was literally yelling at the screen the whole time when he said something stupid and wrong. UGH! People who are terrible at life shouldnt be able to have such a priviledge.

Luqyman

Aspiring Trainer
Meowstic-EX's ability is just worthless, only moves ONE damage counter and it has to be active!?!
Even regular Meowstic's Ear Influence is better.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I'm glad I didn't have my mind set on getting all of these. None of the local GameStops or other stores had the Mew box on/near its release date. I could only find it online at Walmart, but the price had nearly doubled. I was wanting to try my luck with the Generations boosters included, but in the end just ordered the single Mew card on eBay. :/

(On the plus side, my Mew collection is up to 21 cards!)

Last edited:

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
love all the artworks on these promos! cant wait to collect them all!

Me too I went to toys r us on Pokemon day but all the mew boxes where sold. If the same thing happens to Shaymin I will cry. #First Shaymin land in format

Attachments

• POKEBEACH.jpg
    POKEBEACH.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 6

Stephen Williams

Always training is a Never ending Struggle
I just got mine from Gamestop today. The worker at the store told me each store received 4 boxes to sell and they were gone relatively quickly. I got the last one at the store I was at and gave up after that.

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Here's a link to the official website that has all the release dates, just click on each box and in the description that comes up it tells you the release dates. They are all around the 1st of each month, except for a couple which are the 2nd or 3rd.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/products.html#tcg/

I am seeing a preorder for Celebi box in Canada for Mar 2 release date. I saw another one that said released on Mar 18. So I'm not sure if the new dates are for Canada too. I will check my local ToysR Us this weekend.

It's pathetic that EB Games only gets 4 boxes per store. Is this deliberate on TPCI's part, or buyers at EB Games don't know what they are doing?

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I simply got the Mew one for the sake of Pokemon Day. But Since I live in Canada I have no interest in collecting these at all. Too overpriced, and the Energy Card Ratio is Awful. Then there's the really poor rarity choices of this set. I'd rather them be released on their own at this point because there should be no reason they are the price that they are.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I simply got the Mew one for the sake of Pokemon Day. But Since I live in Canada I have no interest in collecting these at all. Too overpriced, and the Energy Card Ratio is Awful. Then there's the really poor rarity choices of this set. I'd rather them be released on their own at this point because there should be no reason they are the price that they are.

I'm right there with you, buddy. I was actually planning to get all the Mythical Boxes because I like the full arts and the pins (and am missing a lot of the Generations cards)... but that was because I was expecting the American prices or a slight increase. Canadian prices of $26 + tax from the CHEAPER places around me is just ridiculous and I can't afford to drop all that cash. I'll spend the money elsewhere. Too bad really. We get screwed on prices (and venues for that matter) then they wonder why Pokémon doesn't get picked up as much North of the border...

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I'm right there with you, buddy. I was actually planning to get all the Mythical Boxes because I like the full arts and the pins (and am missing a lot of the Generations cards)... but that was because I was expecting the American prices or a slight increase. Canadian prices of $26 + tax from the CHEAPER places around me is just ridiculous and I can't afford to drop all that cash. I'll spend the money elsewhere. Too bad really. We get screwed on prices (and venues for that matter) then they wonder why Pokémon doesn't get picked up as much North of the border...

Exactly! There's a severe over-charge for these. I really hope the Charizard box doesn't get this treatment either. I held off on buying the Gyarados box (much to my constant hating myself for it.... ) for now because it's way too much money. The severe lack of good promo cards at League (Which, TPCI if you're reading this: FIX IT ) makes the TCG hard to get into. My expanded deck is already good the way it is right now, and I refuse to play Standard because of how badly Standard decks do without Shaymin.

I feel buying new cards has no purpose because at the end of the day: I've got good stuff, and the only changes I'd make are in the low cost trainer and supporter cards. Whenever I buy new packs I just give stuff to friends or put them in a box to sell. I'm sick of how bad the TCG is right now. I'm so glad there's an increase in VG Players here because unless the TCG match is expanded: I honestly don't care for the TCG at all.

There's so many people turning their noses up to it lately: unnecessary prices for product, lack of good TCG League Support, Terrible Code Cards at League, and an extremely money-driven metagame are all reasons people have chosen to opt to play the Video Game more.