News Mythical Pokemon Collections

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Zapdos would have been better if it was the classic fossil set pose instead. I get it if it were that way, maybe not all of it would have fit.

Some of my other favourite gen 1 pokemon haven't made it seems. Pidgeot, Arcanine, Poliwrath are not included.

Pretty disappointed in the end, but it makes sense the way they are releasing the packs through boxes only. It would've been too expensive had it been a complete new set.

Anyway at least we're only a couple weeks away from awakening of psychic kings leaks.

OmnomOrNah

Duke of Dead Draw
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the insane amount of awesomeness that is jolteon-ex yet. Everyone complains about night March. Well, here's your counter!

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
btw, just wanted to point out the reprints of Magmar, Clefairy and Doduo also have alternate artwork...

--------------

Also, about the set itself, I had just seen a video of a Pokékyun Box opening and then saw this video with the Generations cards, and the english cards are so cheap compared to the japanese ones... In the japanese set, all cards have some sort of holofoil coat on them, even the common cards. The english cards don't. The common cards are not holofoil, and even the the ones that are only have the drawings and artwork box with holofoil coat and it's quite ugly compared to the japanese ones.
TPCi should be ashamed of making such low quality cards, specially for a set that's supposed to comemorate the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

Last edited:

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
OMG Jungle tauros got reprinted.... well not quite. it has different attacks and lots more HP, but still...
It's Jungle Tauros!!
EDIT: just noticed the Fossil Slowpoke. NO FREAKIN WAY!!!

where's base set Hitmonchan. base set Electabuzz and Jungle Scyther hiding at then.

Last edited:

Electricbluewolf

Ditto Hoarder
btw, just wanted to point out the reprints of Magmar, Clefairy and Doduo also have alternate artwork...

--------------

Also, about the set itself, I had just seen a video of a Pokékyun Box opening and then saw this video with the Generations cards, and the english cards are so cheap compared to the japanese ones... In the japanese set, all cards have some sort of holofoil coat on them, even the common cards. The english cards don't. The common cards are not holofoil, and even the the ones that are only have the drawings and artwork box with holofoil coat and it's quite ugly compared to the japanese ones.
TPCi should be ashamed of making such low quality cards, specially for a set that's supposed to comemorate the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

I presume a lot of people thought it would be like the Radiant Collection cards-even the commons had a pattern, Purrloin had a chandler behind it as part of the pattern. I've just read the article and quite disappointed-liked the look of the Japanese version but as I don't collect Japanese cards was really waiting for English set, kinda sucks.

I forgot new Ven/Char/Blast was coming out in this set as I wondered why people were talking about spirit links. It's a bit random, almost like it isn't a competitive/tcg in mind set

Nyora

A Cat
I want that Meowstic EX. Look at its ability, then it's attack, the what it combines with, that can be an easy 80 on ur first turn!

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
Are the Articuno and Zapdos cards supposed to be like secret rares or something? I don't get why they would emboss them like that if they weren't meant to be more special than the other cards in the set.

RadleyMadish

You see this? It's Alolan Wooper, I just know it.
Not sure how many realize this (or were wondering), but the basic energy have reverse holo versions, which could be big for some people. (Not a surprise to anyone that watched the linked video, but still felt it worth pointing out.)

Also... Damn, I really like that Golem art. Rapidash is pretty good, too. Tauros using the Jungle art is somewhat jarring, but it works since XY Tauros is vaguely similar to the Jungle one. (Both their second attacks are based on how much damage Tauros has taken.)

Lack of Spirit Links is disappointing, but we already knew that was going to be the case, so I'm already over it. (I won't be shocked if Japan releases them as promos in some form at some point that make their way internationally eventually. At least for Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise. I feel like the remaining ones, Kangaskhan, Heracross, Blaziken, Swampert, Absol, Lucario, and Diancie, have no shot.)

Also, Mega Metagross won't have a spirit link.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
As a collector, I really like this set. I think it goes for more of that, which is nice for a change. Some of the cards are actually good too, like Flareon. Those energies will see a definite inclusion in all my decks, and where it shines aesthetically it really shines. The new radiant collection is gorgeous, the Full Art Birds are great, some reprints like Yveltal, Raichu and Gardy are great for decks(my decks, at least), and so much more. The absence of spirit links is kinda odd, at the end I don't mind it.

I definitely know it will be one I'll try to complete through 2016.

Mobou2211

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Guys!
I hope this is not the wrong place for this, but I really need your help!
I'm from Germany and the commercialization of the Pokemon TCG is horrible here:
Very high prices in comparison with the US, horribly small amount of special boxes etc.
Does anyone of you know an US-internete-site that ships to Europe for fair prices
(I'm especially interested in the 20th's anniversary mythical boxes, and the Red and Blue Collections!
Thank you so much in advance!

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Hello Guys!
I hope this is not the wrong place for this, but I really need your help!
I'm from Germany and the commercialization of the Pokemon TCG is horrible here:
Very high prices in comparison with the US, horribly small amount of special boxes etc.
Does anyone of you know an US-internete-site that ships to Europe for fair prices
(I'm especially interested in the 20th's anniversary mythical boxes, and the Red and Blue Collections!
Thank you so much in advance!

Hi, I'm from Spain and when I've bought old Theme Decks (from the ex era) I used Troll And Toad ;)
I don't know how much it was, since now I only buy singles

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
This set is pretty lame. At least Call of Legends changed the artwork for all of the reprints.
This set is GREAT! It gives us the option of cooler, easy access energy, and adds a different possibly better version of the first megas.