News Mythical Pokemon Collections

My hype for the Charizard box just died a little...
I was expecting something....not wasting space. I get the throwback, it's clever - but oh my god that figure could have been something much better. I'll still invest in it most likely, but I expected something that wouldn't just be Charizard covered in flames. But we haven't seen the full figure itself so I won't judge till I see it up close.

However, this is Kaiyodo we're talkin about - come on you can do much better than that. Please don't let me down and make a figure where I will actually say "This looks ugly"

Keldeo has an Ability...swear to Helix if it's Rush In....

Almost sure it is the "Justified" ability (same as Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion promos from Legends of Justice box)

"Each of this Pokémon's attacks does 50 more damage to Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance)."

EDIT: Also, I think the attack is "Sacred Sword"
100 damage and "this Pokémon can't use Sacred Sword during your next turn."
Same attack as Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion from Noble Victories set (except for the energy type).

The Victini and Melloetta are so cute <3 while the set is bad both the pins and cards are amazing!

I feel like it would have been smart to reprint miltank from flashfire here. It's a generation one pokemon, so it fits the theme (unlike Meowstic EX), and it's a highly playable card (unlike snorlax)!

I feel like it would have been smart to reprint miltank from flashfire here. It's a generation one pokemon, so it fits the theme (unlike Meowstic EX), and it's a highly playable card (unlike snorlax)!
Miltank is gen 2.

Also, I really like the Keldeo and Genesect pins, the Victini and Arceus ones are alright too. I'm disappointed there's no Genesect figure, the others all got special figures (outside the boxes of course).

I like the Charizard figure. I hope the Blastoise/Venusaur ones are good.

It would appear not. I can't personally find them on the site. I am really interested in what Victini's and Arceus's attacks do.

Ah, shame... wanted to see what ability keldeo had. It might be a reprint of the old rush in keldeo maybe?

I am happy to see a steel Genesect, get one of the alternate types off my want list already lol. I wish Arceus would have been dragon or fairy.

It looks like Victini's first attack is either "Energy Attract" or "Energy Assist". I'm really hoping it's something similar to Victini-EX's "Turbo Energize" because that was one of the more useful accelerators in the past Standard. Though, he does have only ~60% of the HP his EX had, so it'd be a riskier play.

Meloetta's is another I'm curious about (because she's my favorite Mythical). Her first attack flips 3 coins and, since you can make out "don't apply weakness..." in the latter part of the paragraph, it appears to affect the opponent's Bench in some way. Maybe the coin flips determine how many Pokemon are affected by it.

It looks like the only Eeveelution without an EX now is Glaceon, maybe it'll get one in XY11, or not as possible but still maybe XY10. Funny we haven't got any card pics from Pokemon on that apart from the Umbreon, doesn't it come out in like less than a month?

Almost sure it is the "Justified" ability (same as Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion promos from Legends of Justice box)

"Each of this Pokémon's attacks does 50 more damage to Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance)."

EDIT: Also, I think the attack is "Sacred Sword"
100 damage and "this Pokémon can't use Sacred Sword during your next turn."
Same attack as Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion from Noble Victories set (except for the energy type).
I believe you are right. Keldeo's ability is definitely Justified, but I see something in the text that looks like 2 Colorless Energies.

After some squinting and some zooming, here is what I could make out:

Arceus – Colorless – HP130
Basic Pokemon
[C] XXXX: cannot read but there seems to be a symbol for every energy type
[C] [C] [C] [C] Power XXXX: 120 damage. Discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon
Weakness:XX
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Victini – Fire – HP70
Basic Pokemon
[C] Energy Assist: Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for an Energy card … (cannot read this part) … of your Benched Pokemon
[R] [C] Victory Ball: 30 damage. Discard a [R] Energy attached to this Pokemon
Weakness: XX
Retreat: 1

Keldeo – Water – HP90
Basic Pokemon
Ability: cannot read but it looks like there is a [D] Energy symbol in the text, which leads me to believe it is the ability Justified that was seen on Virizion, Terrakion, and Cobalion (BW70, BW71, BW72)
Each of this Pokémon's attacks does 50 more damage to [D] Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).
[W] [W] [W] Sacred Sword: XX damage. This Pokemon can’t use Sacred Sword during your next turn.
Retreat: X

Genesect – Metal – HP110
Basic Pokemon
[M] [C] Lunar Impact: This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon (don’t apply Weakness or Resistance to Benched Pokemon)
[M] [M] [M] Destruction Beam: XX damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Meloetta – Psychic – HP80
Basic Pokemon
[P] XXXX Wave: Flip 3 coins. (cannot read)… don’t apply Weakness or Resistance to Benched Pokemon)
[P] [P] Entrancing Melody: 30 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon… (cannot read, too blurry)
Retreat: X

Last edited:
Back