'CoroCoro' Reveals Volcanion

I just think it's dope that the Fennekin line is actually getting noticed by Game Freak now. I really want Quilladin to get in too, now. It could be decent comic relief floating around like a balloon (because it really does look like one), though I'm expecting Jigglypuff to appear and take that niche away from it anyway.

Garchomp doesn't surprise me, but am I the only one who's gonna find it weird seeing the thing running around? Maybe they can get the animations to work, but as a whole my memories of Garchomp running is it gliding through the air.

And I could honestly care less for Mewtwo; another clone when there are 700 other Pokemon genuinely pisses me off for this game.

I don't mind there being a lot of bipeds just because they're bipeds; after all, most of the more popular Pokemon ARE human-shaped. However, I dislike the lack of any Generation V representation and, even though the roster should undoubtedly be primarily bipedal, only having Suicune as an alternative is too shallow for me. Even a bird would make for a really interesting battle technique, such as Farfetch'd if they should have a reliable way to do melee attacks, or much more humorously something like Taillow or Swablu swooping down and pecking the opponent.

Last edited:
Braixen?! YES!

Even Bandai Namco and Nintendo realize how much better that line would've been if Braixen was the final evolution!

What a completely unexpected but completely awesome announcement!

Not too happy about my second least favorite Pokemon being in but it was pretty much expected since it apperentely came second in that Japanese Twitter poll a while ago. I hope Garchomp fans will enjoy using him.

Braixen on the other hand was positively surprising! I never thought they'd add another NFE Pokemon besides Pikachu. This makes the speculations about the Friday character reveal so much more interesting.

Why am I not surprised about Garchomp? GF looovvees Garchomp, always sticking it into everything....

Given past trends, Garchomp is probably going to be one of the best fighters haha. Garchomps inclusion makes me wonder how Dragonite would be in Pokken, or in Smash for that matter!

Braixen is interesting. Straight from the anime.

I don't mind there being a lot of bipeds just because they're bipeds; after all, most of the more popular Pokemon ARE human-shaped. However, I dislike the lack of any Generation V representation and, even though the roster should undoubtedly be primarily bipedal, only having Suicune as an alternative is too shallow for me; even a bird would make for a really interesting battle technique, such as Farfetch'd if they should have a reliable way to do melee attacks, or much more humorously something like Taillow or Swablu swooping down and pecking the opponent.

As much as I HATE Conkeldurr, I feel that Bisharp, Throh and Sawk deserve a special place here along with what the Hitmon's are designed to represent.

One bird pokemon that you made me think of that would be very interesting as a unique combatant would be Dodrio as for it to also collaborate with Tri Attack which would be soooooo much fun to use....

mqdefault.jpg

YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Pokken is by far complete! My absolute NUMBER 1 Pokemon is in the HOUSE! :)

Garchomp doesn't surprise me, but am I the only one who's gonna find it weird seeing the thing running around? Maybe they can get the animations to work, but as a whole my memories of Garchomp running is it gliding through the air.

Flying at Mach speed baby... Flying at Mach speed... :p Who needs to walk?

*cough... Time to get real... Garchomp deserved a better announcement, but oh well. It has amazing speed which means it can easily walk on its own two feet and slice/devour the "libre" pikachus... I don't see any problem here... The game NEEDED a dragon pokemon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw it indeed. It seemed like the last movie(With Hoopa) was just Nintendo's interpretation of the Christian Bible. Anyone else who agrees?

Yeah, Pokemon kind of wrote itself into a corner when it wanted to go for that "no Pokemon is even close to inherently evil" angle.

Looks like my source was right about a few things, namely Garchomp and a roster size of 20. Didn't say anything about Braixen or Mewtwo though. With Swampert, we're looking at 16 characters, but due to how the select screen is laid out, it can't symmetrically fit 16, but it can fit 20 (it's laid out in rows of 3, with random being the middle button).

With Garchomp, the only types missing on the roster are Dark and Bug. Gen 5 is also the only gen without a character from it. With four fighters left, I'd like to wager that we're getting 2 Gen 5, 1 Gen 6 and 1 Gen 2 for a result in 2 characters from each Gen.

No roster diversity here at all. I expected a bird, snake, something like Aegislash, more thing like suicune - anything but all we got is more humanoid/bipedal Pokemon. These reveals are really killing any hype I had for this game.
There's more to roster diversity than just their outward appearance. Take a game like Smash (or other 2D fighters like Tekken/Street Fighter). How many characters are bipedal/human-like? Virtually all of them. Of them, how many fight relatively similar to someone else on the roster? Virtually none.

You're also forgetting that Charizard has a unique flight mechanic, so it's covering that bird niche pretty well.

Static Zapdos and Flame Body Moltres (to a lesser extent) are quite a big deal. Especially zapdos which is a borderline meta pokemon- i can see its defensive set paired with an excellent defensive ability catapulting it straight back into OU. Static is really great and can't be used on anything else as well as Zappy due to reliable recovery in Roost. Similarly Flame Body is pretty excellent for Moltres, one of the best possible abusers of the ability also due to access to Roost. Im looking forward to seeing if these pokemon can rise up in the tiers with their new strength. Articuno obviously drew the short straw tho

@Professor Palutena

Smash is a completely different game. Most of the characters they work with are human/humanoid, just like with other fighting games. Sure they are made different but no one complains about it because its expected but this is Pokemon where many different species exist. We all know some get shafted just from a design standpoint but they are playing the roster too safe for no reason at all. There are a lot of interesting choices they can make, but they sticking with humanoid fighters. Its no secret that I want bird fighters and now that we're 16 Pokemon in and one hasn't be revealed yet is very concerning to me as a player who has been waiting for this game for like 20 year.

Charizard doesn't the bird niche because it isn't a bird.

The one thing which is still bothering me about this reveal on Friday is the staff survey where most of the staff were surprised about the Pokemon's inclusion. It feel like it's obviously gonna be Swampert, but why did none of the staff predict this and, even more importantly, why were a lot of staff "salty" about the Pokemon's inclusion?

Now that Braixen has opened this door, I'm actually hoping for Marshtomp on Friday. I always preferred it over Swampert, anyway.

The creators are like: Lack of gen 5 Pokémon? Here is your Zoroark.
Me: Just release that Unfezant you have been planning to make

Back