'CoroCoro' Reveals Volcanion

I hope in the next Pokemon the legendary Pokmon like this are free DLC so they aren't revealed by digging through the games files. They have got to be aware the current system holds no surprises. Imagine how exciting all these 'post-release' Pokemon would be if we had never known about them until they were officially revealed.

Well yeah, it would be more neat to see them revealed as intended..but to be honest, I think if an event pokemon is singled out for its reveal, most of the reaction on forums and similar would just be the usual "it looks like digimon/they are running out of ideas" nonsense xD

Don't understand why they needed to make Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie "secret". They had to have known people would take apart the files for X/Y and find these three just chilling there.

Sure, it's disappointing but honestly, when was the last time CoroCoro revealed something actually exciting? I wasn't expecting much, truly...
Anyway. they usually reveal the mythical legendaries on february but I don't know, Genesect was also revealed earlier in its generation... and I believe Volcanion might have new forme(s) for the next game (if there's indeed a game planned) and the movie, the last "wow" factor before the movie comes out, or something...
As for Volcanion itself, I like its design (there's some similarities with Heatran, but nothing extreme), though I noticed oddily, its artwork in the pages shows a slightly different coloring compared to the game model: the red is more crimson-like and the yellow a bit more goldish... Makes it a bit cooler actually, I like this coloring more...
Now, seriously, please I just want them to announce Z, I don't care about the details of the game, I just want to be sure the game is actually coming out...

Sure, it's disappointing but honestly, when was the last time CoroCoro revealed something actually exciting? I wasn't expecting much, truly...
Anyway. they usually reveal the mythical legendaries on february but I don't know, Genesect was also revealed earlier in its generation... and I believe Volcanion might have new forme(s) for the next game (if there's indeed a game planned) and the movie, the last "wow" factor before the movie comes out, or something...
As for Volcanion itself, I like its design (there's some similarities with Heatran, but nothing extreme), though I noticed oddily, its artwork in the pages shows a slightly different coloring compared to the game model: the red is more crimson-like and the yellow a bit more goldish... Makes it a bit cooler actually, I like this coloring more...
Now, seriously, please I just want them to announce Z, I don't care about the details of the game, I just want to be sure the game is actually coming out...

Who knows? perhaps this is the coloring Volacanion would have in the next game. I sure hope that if they are going to make Pokemon Z, they would fix all the coloring of the Pokemon animations, as I find most of them really bad.

Who knows? perhaps this is the coloring Volacanion would have in the next game. I sure hope that if they are going to make Pokemon Z, they would fix all the coloring of the Pokemon animations, as I find most of them really bad.

hmm... Maybe not... I remember in the Gen 3 games the Salamence line was colored purple and orange instead of blue and red, despite the official artwork... They could have changed that in FRLG or Emerald, but they only made correct sprites in Gen 4 (and even then the wings were still orange)...

I hope in the next Pokemon the legendary Pokmon like this are free DLC so they aren't revealed by digging through the games files. They have got to be aware the current system holds no surprises. Imagine how exciting all these 'post-release' Pokemon would be if we had never known about them until they were officially revealed.
Well you can't really blame Game Freak for what hackers do. The fact that we already knew about Volcanion is at fault of the fan base, not the devs. It would have been a surprise if we didn't ruin it, like peeking at christmas presents before they're wrapped.

I think even if they went by the DLC route, it wouldn't matter that much. Why? Because even though we wouldn't know how the pokémon looks, we would knew there were pokémon yet to be revealed because they always make 3 or 4 mythical pokémon for each gen. I also don't mind to be spoiled. I rather know everything from the start than having to wait...

I think even if they went by the DLC route, it wouldn't matter that much. Why? Because even though we wouldn't know how the pokémon looks, we would knew there were pokémon yet to be revealed because they always make 3 or 4 mythical pokémon for each gen. I also don't mind to be spoiled. I rather know everything from the start than having to wait...

Well if they went the DLC route, we wouldn't know anything about the Pokemon until they were added in. DLC doesn't exist in the code until it's added, that's the entire point.

Erm... pretty much every issue between ORAS announcement and release? I might just be remembering the highlights, but still- starter Megas, Kanto Megas, Mega Rayquaza, gym leader designs...
Edit: Actually, I kinda just proved your point; all that was over a year ago.

Anyway, here's something to make this post relevant, courtesy of google.
In all seriousness, though, now that I can take a good look at it without spoiling anything I like the design. The color disparity is a bit unfortunate (that in-game red is definitely too bright), but other than that I'm pleased. The eyebrows and overall head shape (minus the ears, perhaps) make me think of these guys for some reason:
promotion-cheap-old-art-antiques-Bronze-9-Pair-Chinese-Silver-font-b-Guardian-b-font-font.jpg

I'm also reminded of Darmanitan.

Well if they went the DLC route, we wouldn't know anything about the Pokemon until they were added in. DLC doesn't exist in the code until it's added, that's the entire point.

I know. But to me, it wouldn't make that much of a difference. We wouldn't know anything about them, but we would still know they already exist as finished pokémon ready to be inserted in our games and they would come eventually since they always use a mythical as the focus of the movies.

Well Volcanion is not a BIG NEWS for me . But after Gamefreak reveals Volcanion and new Zygarde form this year . I'm pretty sure we will see one of new pokemon from 7th generation next year to debut in this movie . So the 7th generation coming soon !!! At least one pokemon or more from gen 7 will reveal next year . I'm sure about it . This is big news for me Heh Heh

hmm... Maybe not... I remember in the Gen 3 games the Salamence line was colored purple and orange instead of blue and red, despite the official artwork... They could have changed that in FRLG or Emerald, but they only made correct sprites in Gen 4 (and even then the wings were still orange)...
OK, but:
1. Salamence was revealed when RS came out and colouring mistakes were more common then.
2. They were working on new technology at the time, so some of the colouring was way off, like going from the limited pallet of GBC to GBA.
3. They had YEARS to make the Volcanion artwork, especially since it's the last 6th gen event legendary.
4. None of the other Event legendaries have such contrasting colours to their in-game models and sprites (outside of Shiny Genesect).
5. It's not even like they had the excuse of making it hard for some Pokémon's model colours to look the same as artwork from 7-10+ years ago, such as Parasect.
6. I know most Pokémon look a bit dull and pale in XYORAS, but I thought it was because they had to rush a load of models out and the lighting was making most Pokémon look a bit faded, but this is ridiculous! They had YEARS to make the artwork like it does in the games. :/

People, this is big news. An new Pokemon is big news in every sense of the word.

It's just news we decided to spoil for ourselves 2 years before the official announcement. You can't blame Pokemon for spoiling ourselves. I mean sure, they could have hid the event Pokemon better and they should have done that better. But at the end of the day we did something we weren't supposed to do.

"But everyone knew about Volcanion"

No not everyone. Maybe the people who actively go to Pokemon fansites do, but there is an world outside that. The "casuals". The people who like Pokemon but don't go to fansites or something. Also, you can't expect children (Pokemon's target audience) to get so heavily involved with all the datamining.

The simple fact is, Pokemon doesn't care if you spoiled yourself. That's a problem you have to deal with. Pokemon has an release schedule and they don't change that just because some hackers looked into the code, because those people who spoiled themselves while being fans of Pokemon aren't necessarily the target audience. They official revealed Volcanion for those who are the target audience, which probably didn't know about Volcanion.

They didn't lie. Volcanion finally being officially revealed is big news. And no offense, if you are disappointed because it isn't what you expected then that's your problem, not Pokemon's problem. Because if people didn't spoil themselves about Volcanion, this would have created a lot of hype.

It's horrible the way this reveal has been recieved by the fans. It's not Pokemon's fault that hackers got it out there. That shouldn't stop Pokemon's plans to reveal.

And unless it has a new form, then I guess that's everything done with this gen, or the next thing would be a big game which I know you all wanted now, but that just means the Volcanion would still be coming and who wants that

It's horrible the way this reveal has been recieved by the fans. It's not Pokemon's fault that hackers got it out there. That shouldn't stop Pokemon's plans to reveal.

And unless it has a new form, then I guess that's everything done with this gen, or the next thing would be a big game which I know you all wanted now, but that just means the Volcanion would still be coming and who wants that

We just say this: They tried to surprised us- they failed. We can't pretend to be surprised, or to be happy that this is the big news they were talking about. This is a classic example of how Pokemon ignores a big part of their fans (the young adults and adult fans).

Back