Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
Well then. Any dark deck that doesn't use 1 or 2 or these is just being dumb. The potential of getting 4 prizes when Mega decks are pretty popular is insane.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Oh, dear God! o_O What the actual hell?! This card was totally innecessary, but is cool nonetheless. I'm guessing Crobat and Faded Town will make this a rather interesting deck, IMO.

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Because dark decks totally needed more power! Because Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade totally isn't one of the top decks right now.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I wouldn't call this the end of megas. With Empoleon and a Muscle Band you can hit 110 which will 2hko some megas, but I can't see this guy getting too many KOs unless you build your deck around him. Maybe some Energy Switch shenanigans will help.

He's also weak to Fighting and has a dreadful 170 HP, which will definitely keep him in check.

Still, he'll definitely be something to watch out for.

collinhall

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my gush. Can we get the remaining Eeveelutions as EXs please? I'm sick of TPC releasing just parts of pokemon "sets". For example, not releasing the other two Regis as EXs, not releasing Suicuine EX etc.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
End Game.

They REALLY aren't lying with that effect!

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Might be difficult to get into the situation where you can land the knockout, but wow. 4 prizes!

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Good. Keep those Megas in line. We need more mega counters, more EX counters, more cards like this!

asdjklghty

-------------
Good. Keep those Megas in line. We need more mega counters, more EX counters, more cards like this!
Lol even more counters to Megas? There aren't any that are broken and they are already kept in check. To weaken them even more just encourages more skilless decks like NM or Vespiquen to be played. Megas are slower.

See? What do people want? When Megas are EXs that evolve yet people hate them. This encourages more Big Basics. So what do people want?

T1meshift

Aspiring Trainer
Because dark decks totally needed more power! Because Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade totally isn't one of the top decks right now.
Don't forget about the new darkrai coming out

I like the first attack more. It can really help if your in an item lock. Being able to discard your unneeded cards for possibly better ones. Of course you would go through your deck faster, but the potential is real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Purrloin

I think Umbreon will also be good in Fire decks as an opener. For [C] it can get a bunch of Fire energy in the discard for ol' Blacksmith.

Looking forward to seeing the FA!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Sounds like the announcement is gonna be a price increase on the Premium subscription haha.

Umbreon + Yveltal EX = maybe decent, esp with Zoroark or Darkrai EX (Dark Cloak, in expanded)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*

Arguably the best mega's right now are Rayquaza and Manetric. While 70 damage isn't all that strong against them, the effect is far too aggressive. We need more skillful cards, not cards like this. Its a welcomed edition since the eeveelutions have been turned into gimmicks. I would like to see more Dark type support cards.

Reggie McGigas

-
Now I don't regret making a Machamp/Ariados Deck instead of working more on my MetalRays deck.

What's the announcement? Unfortunately I won't be able to purchase a subscription because reasons so I guess I'll have to get someone else to tell me :p

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
I am just glad that they made this. In expanded I feel it has lots of power, but not all decks run Megas. Maybe this means mega support in this set which was needed. It's first attack is also notable for decks like vespiquen to discard LOTS of pokemon and also get draw support. Makes lots of decks very scary.

Last edited: