Finished Werewolf XXX: Future in Stasis - GAME OVER! Town Wins! Now w/ Postgame analysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought are, as I was before, nothing to share. I don't do heavy analysis like you guys so not much to say. plus it is still day 1, with the most untrusted character posting around here and there.

Are safeclaims supposed to be near identical to the persons actual role? I have a wild guess that may be true if so.

Depends on the GM and the role in question. Typically safeclaims match the scum's actual role power but with a changed name, as that makes it easier for the scum in question to claim properly and including action reports, etc, but that's not always the case. For example, if a scum member has a super scummy role (like a yakuza/converter), their safe claim will usually have a different power because there's no way a townie would have a role power like that. However, these roles are less "solid" and difficult to prove because the scum member in question doesn't actually have the power that their safeclaim lists.

For the sake of conversation, I can use both of our known claims as examples of this. TGK's role, if actually a safe claim, likely falls into the earlier category. Jailer is a power that could work for either townies or scum, so the only think that would need to be changed is the flavour and the win condition. Celever's claim, on the other hand, does not make sense as a scum power. If his copied role is actually a safe claim, it's likely that the power itself is a fake to cover-up a one-shot scum only role, as posited in the second option. In this instance, scum could fake Celever's role power activating by not sending in a NK, but the power itself can't be proven, so it makes for a decent safeclaim.

Thank you Athena! My wild guess is that TGK, if his role is a safeclaim would probably relate to Spiritomb. Considering that Bidoof's first ability relates to an extra story I'm assuming that RF would go pretty deep into the PMD storyline. In one of the extra stories about Grovyle called Into The Darkness, a Spiritomb whom I believe is working for Primal Dialga and to further extent Dusknoir. Spiritomb is found keeping Celebi hostage.

I have to go to school now and won't be here for the out come of this but interpret that as you wish

We're getting awfully close to the deadline. There doesn't seem to be much more to discuss.

##INTIMIDATE: thegrovylekid

Beware, we're at L-1.

2pm GMT is like in a minute, right? What the hell, I think we're done here. ##HAMMER: thegroyvlekid

GAME FREEZE!

No players may post in the thread!

Update and results to be processed when I get back from overtime work in around 2 hours.

Day 1 Sunset

cmwviwQ.png

FINAL VOTE COUNT

Names are in order of when they were first voted. The number after is the current vote total they have. The voters names are in the brackets and the post they made that vote in is in parenthesis. If the voter is struck out, it means they unvoted that player. The player whose name is underlined is the one with the most votes and is currently up for lynch.

double o squirtle: 0 [Camoclone (56)]
simsands: 0 [Camoclone (59)]
Camoclone: 0 [thegrovylekid (65), Celever (96), thegrovylekid (274), Cypher333 (309)]
bbninjas: 0 [Luispipe8 (66), Squirtle Squad (209), Celever (342)]
Celever: 8 [scattered mind (70), TheFlyingPidove (83), Camoclone (88), GM Draclord (106), Keeper of Night (110), bbninjas (152), double o squirtle (179), Jabberwock (207), Chaos Jackal (219), Vom (244), thegrovylekid (245), mordacazir (248), thegrovylekid (280), scattered mind (431), Yeowie (441), double o squirtle (504), Jabberwock (602)]
thegrovylekid: 11 [Camoclone (80), Luispipe8 (125), Chaos Jackal (135), Camoclone (260), Celever (271), Vom (276), Yeowie (282), TheFlyingPidove (286), Squirtle Squad (352), Keeper of Night (500), Cypher333 (519), scattered mind (544), Celever (552), simsands (625), Athena (626)]
Keeper of Night: 0 [Celever (87)]
Cypher333: 0 [thegrovylekid (174)]
scattered mind: 0 [Celever (221)]
mordacazir: 0 [Celever (469)]

No vote: 3 [Ice Espeon, PMJ, TheFlyingPidove]

The players discussed and argued throughout the Day while they stepped across the Dungeon. Some were vocal about their opinions while several preferred to just watch and avoided the crowd altogether. Nevertheless, some players decided that thegrovylekid, who had previously been vouching for Celever's innocence, suddenly changing minds and voting for him was very suspicious and slowly but surely convinced the rest to vote for him and the majority number was reached just as the sun began to set.

Then they called on Palkia to perform his task. The space god enveloped thegrovylekid in a bubble, which then lifted up toward the sky so that everyone could see the revelation of his true identity.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: thegrovylekid HAS BEEN CHOSEN TO BE LYNCHED. HIS TRUE IDENTITY IS...

"Huh? Why is it like that? What's going on?" was everyone's confused query.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: THE SPACE BUBBLE IS SWIRLING IN CONSTANT CHAOS; THAT IS WHY EVEN HIS FORM CANNOT BE DISCERNED. I CANNOT CONFIRM IF IT IS AN OUTSIDER INTERFERENCE OR NOT... BUT LIKE THIS, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO DISCOVER thegrovylekid's GENUINE IDENTITY. NEVERTHELESS, I SHALL BE KEEPING HIM IN MY DOMAIN NOW.

If even the space god could not reveal the truth, everyone figured they couldn't either. So they just left the issue for now and focused on the results of the Mystery Dungeon.

6xGJJPC.png

Camoclone (4), Jabberwock (9), Squirtle Squad (12), Luispipe8 (13) and mordacazir (20) all coincidentally merged at A1, but it was Squirtle Squad (12) who triggered the Trap in the tile.
Bwzt0ux.png
Trip Trap
If that player has any unused Items, they will lose that Item.

GM Draclord (17) went to A5 but nothing happened.

Ice Espeon (1) couldn't decide where to move so the Dungeon's mysterious wind randomly placed him on B2, along with two others who had intended to move there: PMJ (8) and bbninjas (15). However, bbninjas (15) was the one who got away with the Item on the tile.

Celever (3) rushed to B3 and ended up literally falling into a Trap!
IpK7EZz.png
Pitfall Trap
The player will fall into a hole and so cannot be targeted or affected by any other Ability or Item for the upcoming Night Phase, including the night kill. However, that player also cannot and will fail to use their Special Ability or Items they might have. But their Passive Ability will still be in effect.

double o squirtle (6) also fell into a Trap in the adjacent B4 tile, though not as literal.
MtMnzzw.png
Stealth Rock Trap
If that player is still alive by the next Day, that player’s vote cannot be removed from where it is first placed for the rest of that Day.

simsands (14) went to C1 but nothing happened.

Cypher333 (16) and Chaos Jackal (21) bumped into each other on C3 but nothing happened.

Keeper of Night (5) was glad to find out that the thing he found on C4 wasn't a bomb, but an Item.

scattered mind (7) went to C5 but nothing happened.

Vom (2) went to D1 but nothing happened.

TheFlyingPidove (10) had the Item on D4 all to himself.

Athena (19) went to D5 but nothing happened.

Yeowie (18) got hit by the Trap on E2.
xyDMeuV.png
PP-Zero Trap
If that player is still alive by the next Day, that player’s vote weight will be 0 for the upcoming Day.

After the remaining players' movements and the effects had been confirmed, the Dungeon disappeared again.

However, as everyone went their separate ways and went to sleep, the mystery of thegrovylekid's identity hanging in their thoughts, some strange things happened:

A sliver of sunlight shone down on Squirtle Squad, and it moved along with him like a spotlight.

Someone had been on the verge of having a Nightmare in their sleep... but suddenly awoke before they could.

Day 1 has ended! Results from Abilities and the Mystery Dungeon shall be sent through PM shortly.

Last edited:
Night 1

WgR9HQi.png

After a very chaotic Day, everyone could still not stop talking about the events that transpired. Eventually, however, fatigue caught up to them and soon, everyone was asleep in their beds.

Except for a certain few.

fsOll2E.jpg
???: The town's numbers shall dwindle by one tonight. Today's chaos is only the beginning...

Night 1 has begun!

For those with Abilities that have Night Phase in the Usage and fits other required criteria
, please submit your actions!

No players may post in the thread during the Night. Those who have QTs are free to post there, however.

Night 1 will last until Saturday, December 5, 2:00 PM GMT.

Sunrise 1

m3Y1Iho.png

After a night that was relatively quiet, the Pokemon slowly woke up one by one just as the first hints of sun filtered in from the horizon. The Early Birds came out of their houses to stretch and bask in the crisp, slowly warming dawn air. Small greetings were had. For a moment, it was a morning like any other.

But it was not meant to be for long.

Two surprising visitors could be seen making their way from beyond the town.

zccBYgQ.png
Kangaskhan: Mankey? Primeape? Good morning! Though, it is a rare sight to see you here, much less this early in the morning. Is something the matter, my dears?

fHegL2L.png
Primeape: Good morning to all of you too. I'm not surprised to hear you say that though it is true. Actually, we're here for a particular reason.

ASYKsbW.png
Xatu: ... ... ... A particular reason?

WLz81lI.png
Mankey: Yeah. We usually set out for the Hot Springs early. By ourselves, it wouldn't really take long. But we need to because we travel there with---

A series of terrified shrieks interrupted the pigmonkey Pokemon.

vLlWKBj.png
Sunflora: OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! EVERYONE, look here! I think he's dead!!!

Everyone stampeded out from their houses and current places, rushing into the middle of the town, seeing a literal shell of the Pokemon once there.

Palkia's transparent form materialized in the slightly hazy sky.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: PMJ WAS KILLED DURING THE NIGHT. HIS TRUE IDENTITY IS...

Tu4kTyN.png
Torkoal
Alignment: Town

You are Torkoal, the oldest Pokemon in Treasure Town. Due to this, you are a valuable source of knowledge and wisdom… and also forgetful, oops. But you remember the important things when it matters the most. Or more precisely, after you’ve had some time to remember them while contemplating the waters of the Hot Spring that you are known to love.

Special Ability: The Town Elder
Usage: Night Phase; Only when a non-Town player was lynched during the Day
They say surprises can shock you into remembering things, and in this case, discovering bad guys just might do the trick for you. You may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that player’s role name. However, too much shock can be bad for your old heart too. If three Town-aligned players are lynched in a row, you will die at the end of the Day Phase.

Passive Ability: White Smoke
The constant white smoke emitting from your shell provides you with a cloud of obscurity, thus preventing your use of Abilities or Items from being tracked or watched. They would be told that you aren’t doing anything.

Win Condition: Eliminate all non-Town aligned players

WLz81lI.png
Mankey: WWHAAAAAAT!!!!? So that's why the old guy wasn't at his house this morning!!!!?

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: UNFORTUNATELY, OUR INTRUDERS HAVE BEEN ACTING WITH PRECISE CARE, CHOOSING TO ACT UNDER THE COVER OF THE NIGHT AND RIGHT WHEN MY SURVEILLANCE OF THIS WORLD IS DIVERTED.

The legendary enveloped the killed Pokemon's form in a transparent globe.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: I SHALL BE KEEPING HIM SAFE IN MY DOMAIN FOR NOW. BEFORE YOU ALL MOURN AND LOSE HEART, I SHALL REMIND YOU THAT THIS IS NOT THE END. IF THE CURRENT CRISIS OF TIME IS STOPPED AND WE SUCCEED IN THE REPARATIONS, TIME WILL BE BACK TO THOSE PEACEFUL DAYS YOU ALL KNOW OF, AND THE DAMAGE WILL BE UNDONE. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO THOSE WHOSE LIVES WERE LOST IN THIS BATTLE.

Rtzjqds.png
Palkia: THAT IS WHY IT IS ALL THE MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOU SUCCEED IN THE TASK YOU ARE TO DO DURING THE DAY: TO EXPOSE OUR CULPRITS. GO FORTH AND I WISH YOU WELL FOR THIS NEW DAY!

Palkia's form disappeared, along with bubble and Torkoal within it.

Once everyone had settled down, the attention shifted back to Squirtle Squad, who, even in the dark of the Night, still had that ray of sunlight pointed at him. Thanks to that, they all could see that no one approached him during the Night, and he didn't approach anyone either.

Night 1 has ended! Results from Abilities and Items shall be sent through PM shortly.

DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD YET!

So... pretty much Day1 part 2 isn't it?
TGK's role hasn't been revealed, SS did nothing so this weird light over him doesn't mean anything either and PMJ was a D1 inactive..
I really doubt that we are not going to see any flip from every lynch so I guess tgk was a scum or indie with the ability to not reveal his role after getting lynch.
(If it is some kind of a new mechanic we should totally lynch @mordacazir)

Day 2

KCK0Idz.png

The Town took a period of silence and grieving for the loss of PMJ. His experience and wisdom he possessed from being an old guy would be missed. However, they had to move on if they were to get him back alive again and to stop the evil threatening the world.

The Mystery Dungeon sprung up from under their feet once more. However, they were quick to notice that something was different from before:​

dE33v5i.png

It was hard not to notice the black Tiles, not a hint of light in them that they looked like a bottomless dark abyss.

oJJWTqz.png
Cresselia: They are reminiscent of Dimensional Holes... Nevertheless, I would think they are not safe for us to venture into. It may be the best for us to avoid them and proceed toward the Dungeon with even more care than before.

They all certainly did, especially since some players could still feel the effects of the Traps they walked into on Day 1.

@double o squirtle
MtMnzzw.png
Stealth Rock Trap
If that player is still alive by the next Day, that player’s vote cannot be removed from where it is first placed for the rest of that Day.

@Yeowie
xyDMeuV.png
PP-Zero Trap
If that player is still alive by the next Day, that player’s vote weight will be 0 for the upcoming Day.

And... the sunlight was still focused on Squirtle Squad.

Now, they all just had to move forward and hope for the best as they start the debate and discussion for the next suspicious person to be removed from the special space.​

Day 2 has begun!

Players may now post in the thread and vote to lynch a player. There are 19 living players, so it would take 10 total votes for a majority lynch.

Make sure to follow the voting format stated in the first post! Votes that do not follow the format will not be counted. If you think your vote was done properly but still wasn't counted, please inform me so that I can make necessary corrections.

All players must PM me a coordinate to move into the Mystery Dungeon! Check back the OP for the Mystery Dungeon guidelines. Results will be processed at the end of the Day. Dark Tiles are now present in the Mystery Dungeon! The coordinates they are on can no longer be chosen.

For those with Abilities and Items that have Day Phase in the Usage and fits other required criteria, please prepare to submit your actions!

If I've missed sending a PM to those who should have received one from the previous Phase, please PM me for confirmation.

@scattered mind receives Warning #1 for posting despite host instructions. A second violation will result in being subbed out or modkilled. Please be more cautious and attentive in future posts.

Due to some players being on holidays within the upcoming days, we will have a longer period for this Day.

Day 2 will end on Friday, December 11th, 2:00 PM GMT.

Last edited:
There is a minor but still important addendum to the Day 2 update underneath the spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back