Clearer scans of today’s CoroCoro have leaked, revealing additional pieces of information. Thanks goes to Puddizzle for the translations once again!
- Not all Pokemon have Mega Evolutions.
- In order to Mega Evolve the eligible Pokemon needs to be holding the Mega Stone.
- As predicted the Mega Pokemon appear in battles only.
- Mega Evolutions have increased stats, with CoroCoro citing two examples: Mega Lucario has higher Attack and Mega Absol has higher Attack and Speed. Mega Mewtwo obviously has higher Speed as we saw in the Genesect film.
- The Blazikenite item cannot be found through normal gameplay.
- The Super Training area allows you to increase your Pokemon’s “Kiso Points.” These are probably what we fans have termed EVs all these years going by what our source said about the facility increasing EVs.
- A new area called the Master Tower is related to Mega Evolutions.
- The next CoroCoro will feature the new type chart reflecting the Fairy-type, new Pokemon, and new Mega Evolutions.
What do you think of the new Mega Evolution mechanic? Feel free to discuss your thoughts in this thread on our forums!