The official Pokemon X and Y website has updated with CoroCoro‘s contents. All new information revealed is below. A new trailer was also uploaded.
- In the Pokemon series up until now, there has been a limit on how many times each Pokemon could evolve. However, Mega Evolution is a different kind of Evolution, one that surpasses that limit. Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region. It has also been called the greatest mystery of Pokemon.
- A Mega-Evolved Pokemon will be able to tap into a strength far greater than it could before. When a Pokemon becomes a Mega Pokemon in battle, Trainers will have a great opportunity to turn a battle around and snag a win!
- Only certain Pokemon, under certain conditions, can achieve Mega Evolution. One of those conditions is a special item called a Mega Stone. These special stones exist for every Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, and each is named for the Pokemon to which it grants power. To use a Mega Stone, give it to your Pokemon to hold. Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later! Some of the many Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!
- Blazikenite is the Mega Stone needed to Mega Evolve Blaziken. Its item description reads, “One variety of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Blaziken hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve during battle.” Lucario needs Lucarionite to Mega-Evolve.
- Mega Mewtwo is specialized in Sp. Atk while Mega Blaziken is specialized in Attack.
- Korrina seeks to draw out her Pokemon’s strength to reach still greater heights. In addition to being a Gym Leader, she’s great on Roller Skates! Korrina’s Gym is in Shalour City, a seaside location known for its amazing views.
- The Tower of Mastery is located in Shalour City and is related to Mega Evolution.
- With Super Training, it’s not your Pokemon’s level that goes up but its base stats, the underlying values that define your Pokemon’s skills in battle. As these base stats increase, your Pokemon can increase its HP, Attack, or other stats beyond those of another Pokemon of the same species at the same level. These base stats could be increased using items and other methods in previous Pokemon titles, but in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, you’ll be able to raise them far more easily than ever before, thanks to Super Training. This will lay the groundwork for more Pokemon Trainers to aim for the very top!
- Super Training can be played on the touch screen whenever you are not in battle or viewing an event. Your Pokemon will face huge Pokemon-shaped balloons, with each side trying to shoot balls into the other’s goal.
- For a more casual way to help your Pokemon grow, use training bags for an easy boost to your Pokemon’s growth with Core Training! You’ll earn training bags when you complete Super-Training Regimens.
- EVs (base stats) can now be seen through a meter.
- The round shape of Dedenne makes this Fairy-type Pokemon instantly recognizable. Dedenne has the Cheek Pouch Ability, new to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. If a Pokemon with this Ability eats a Berry during battle, it will not only reap the usual benefits of that Berry, but will also be able to regain HP. Dedenne can also plug in to power outlets and drain electricity from them. It can learn Nuzzle, a new Electric-type move.
- It is said that the Normal-type Pokemon Bunnelby creates its den by digging in the ground with its large, shovel-shaped ears. Its ears are strong enough to chop through thick tree roots. Its Abilities are Pickup or Cheek Pouch.
- The gentle-natured Skiddo is said to have been the first Pokemon to live alongside humans. Thanks to living with humans so long, it doesn’t seem to mind carrying people or loads on its back. Skiddo evolves into Gogoat, another Pokemon you’ll be able to ride! It can learn Leaf Blade.
- The Torchic you’ll get via the Nintendo Network has the Hidden Ability Speed Boost. You can’t find a Torchic with this Ability through regular gameplay. This Level 10 Pokemon knows the moves Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, and Ember.
Excited about all this? Hate it? In the middle? Feel free to discuss your thoughts in this thread on our forums!