The TCG is going old school! Could this be a Generation III remake hint, especially since the set is being released in September?
Information has surfaced regarding the third Black & White sets – Psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard – which will be released in Japan on September 16th. It looks like the sets will be bringing back Pokemon-ex, though they may be different than before.
- Pokemon-EX will appear in these sets. However, they might be a different mechanic than the old Pokemon-ex: according to the set’s product sheet, the term “EX” will be pronounced differently than in the original sets, which may mean they are meant to be something different. Additionally, the new “EX” is capitalized whereas the old “ex” was lowercased. Still, Pokemon will have the “EX” in their names (Reshiram EX and Zekrom EX), so they’ll probably be the same, if not a spiritual successor.
- Pokemon from every generation will appear in both sets. Confirmed so far are Scrafty, Pikachu, Lucario, Bisharp, Cinccino, and Meowth (in addition to Mewtwo and Kyurem from the other day).
- Each set will feature 52 cards (48 cards + 4 secret rares).
- Cilan will appear as a Supporter card.
- The first Stadium card of the Black & White era will debut.
- Double Colorless Energy will be reprinted.
- New “Battle Strength Decks” featuring Reshiram EX and Zekrom EX will be released on October 21st for 1,680 yen each. Each deck contains 60 cards and both a holo and non-holo version of its respective EX card.
- When you buy five booster packs of the set, you will receive either a Luxio, Riolu, or Meowth promo.