Pokemon Your Very First Shiny? What Did You Think, And How Did You React?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Your very first shiny!

My first shiny was a lvl 55 Ratatat in Diamond...that was my only one. I fail at Shinies.

My first and only shiny was a Yanma in Platinum... in the Great Marsh. Yeah, that didn't go well. I can also vouch that my friend and I saw a pink Poocheyena on Route 103 in Emerald, but that, of course, wasn't shiny.

The very first shiny i ever caught was a nidoran(F) in the original Silver version, i was training for the next gym, but it was the first pokemon i ran into while training, i thought it was part of the story seeing as how the little part of the manual that explained shiny pokemon showed the same route and the exact same pokemon i caught.

My first shiny was a Sandshrew in Leafgreen. It just found a sandshrew in Victory Road, it looked a little off, and I caught it. I think I traded it for something though.

276.png

Yup, I got it really fast, outside petalburg woods I think...

My first Pokemon Game boy-game is FireRed, because I never got Pokemon games before and I had only Pokemon Stadium (there I had never different colored Pokemon and all of them were rental).

I encountered my first shiny in FireRed and that was supposed to be Skarmory. Pretty cool Pokemon and I still have it ^^

I actually bumped into a shiny hoothoot on my emulated pokemon Crystal... at first I was like "huh the computer screwed the color up." But I just realized what it was too late when I loaded state... cause I was frame-skipping I didn't see the sparkle... -_- But yea that actually is my *legit* shiny I never expected. Otherwise the only real one would be Ralts from DP since I used the PokeRadar but I hated that thing so much and you kind of expect it coming, doesn't have the same proud feel as opposed to running into it.

Same thing goes for the roaming pokemon. When you know where they are, it kind of ruins the encounter, you're just less surprised and impressed. Ah, Gold and Silver... my favorite pokemon games of all time...

A Buizel in Platinum. I almost killed the thing with an accidental finger slip. Instead of False Swipe, I hit some grass type move. I guess it was good that I was underleveled.

My first shiny was a shiny Graveler. Well, It wasn't mine. It knew self-destruct, and went and killed itself before I could catch it.

Since playing Blue and Red when they first came out, when I was in 5th grade, I have yet to come across a single shiny (spare the story shinies such as Red Gyarados). Granted, I've never ran around for hours to get one, aside from a short stint in Gen 4, but it is sort of lame :(

Starboard Driger said:
Wurmple.

F&*%$@!# WURMPLE

No joke. It is now a pitiful Beautifly ;;
Aha, my first 2 shinies were in the Wurmple family. :p
I believe my first shiny was Cascoon in Petalburg woods searching for a Slakoth to work on my dex, and there it was. I really didn't care about, but I caught anyway. Years and years later, I found a shiny Wurmple in Platinum trying to get through Eterna forest with Cheryl.

I've had 3 shinies in all of my gameplay (D/P through B/W) not counting Red Gyarados. In order: Diamond - Machoke. White - Litwick. White - Kyurem. Hella awesome, isn't it? It only took me 36 SRs for the Kyurem.

The only shiny I have caught is actually a Mincinno.
Too bad my 6 year-old brother has caught 3....

Teal said:
That's in every game. ;P

Seriously? Cause I really doubt they would put the same Shiny Espeon in everygame. If it is, that would be neat.

Swellow was my first shiny. I caught him on my white version while training for the elite four, named him cortez

Just got a shiny poliwag :p. But he's not as good as a shiny mareep would be :(.

My first Shiny was a Shiny Zubat... I had been EVing Speed on Sapphire and wasn't paying 100% to what was coming up, but right about as I was about to donk this Zubat, I looked at it a little closer and noticed it was really, really dark. So I switched out to my Flyer, poked it a few times, then I caught it.

I evolved it into a Golbat with Green Wings... then evolved it again into a Pink Crobat :D It was so epigay.

The next Shiny I encountered was a Shiny Tentacool, and it was very shortly after I caught the Zubat and began to train it, because my Shiny Zubat ran into it. It was a Tentacool with Green 'blobs' instead of those red ones. Evolved it into Tentacruel and it was the same scheme.

I think that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back