XY8 \'BREAKthrough,\' XY8 English Products

Oh, I remember that Jirachi! It makes me wonder why it wasn't released quite a bit ago, especially as it is a pretty good counter against things like Toad.

The most disappointing thing about seeing Hawlucha as the other promo is they were doing pretty good with the last two sets in having all new cards. Potential trend broken. Oh well.
I agree, but at least they made a reprint of a card that people really like :).

Oh Yeah! I am right! The Last ATs Sableye and Celebi are in the Promos. Mr. Kecleon was guessing the right Pokemon while he is in my forum,and Jirachi was good(I hope it is playable),and Hawlucha was also good,because no other Japanese Promos to be Translated with.

I could see the sableye being used in mega mewtwo ex decks, either one since you can either search for fighting and psy or any type energy for the other mewtwo!

Happy to see Celebi and Sableye are coming here after all.

Celebi, because of its glorious artwork. And Sableye, because I've been curious to try it out as an accelerator since it was first revealed a while ago.

This Jirachi might be a good counter against Vespiquen and Night March in decks that struggle against them.

What's nice about Jirachi:

- You can attack continuously. You're opponent might run out of special energy
- You're invulnerable during your next turn. A great way to buy time after one of your Pokemon has been knocked out.
- The attack costs only one colorless, you can fit this card into any deck.
- Easy to get on your bench
- You can run out of cards like Enhanced Hammer. Or you can't play them.
- Assault Vest only lessens damage, and you can't attach any other tools to your pokemon.
- Who doesn't love Jirachi? (Rhetorical Qeustion)

What's nice about Jirachi:

- You can attack continuously. You're opponent might run out of special energy
- You're invulnerable during your next turn. A great way to buy time after one of your Pokemon has been knocked out.
- The attack costs only one colorless, you can fit this card into any deck.
- Easy to get on your bench
- You can run out of cards like Enhanced Hammer. Or you can't play them.
- Assault Vest only lessens damage, and you can't attach any other tools to your pokemon.
- Who doesn't love Jirachi? (Rhetorical Qeustion)
Is Jirachi better than Porygon-Z?,and if Beeheyem BREAK will not be on the Official set of Break Through,this will be a promo card.

Is Jirachi better than Porygon-Z?,and if Beeheyem BREAK will not be on the Official set of Break Through,this will be a promo card.

Yes,
It takes a while to get Porygon-Z on your bench, and Porygon-Z is still vulnerable during your next turn. The opponent's Pokemon might have some basic energy attached. or maybe the opponent has some in hand. It also takes a lot of space in a deck. It can't be searched with level ball. Not very splash-able.

This Jirachi might be a good counter against Vespiquen and Night March in decks that struggle against them.

I was actually thinking it would be a great counter for Garatini variants. If you played one of them, you might be able to put that deck on it's heels quick, especially if your running an enhance hammer or two. It might great tech card. :0)

Mega MewTwo will be a counter for the Giratini deck. I believe, even though it is slow going, that baby lando. might participate in speeding this card along, paired with mega turbo. When I first saw Dragon Rayquaza I thought to myself that it really wasn't playable. But then with the energy acceleration off of Resheriam, and mega turbo, it really turned into a playable card.

I do however like the idea that pokemon is being a bit strategic about these cards. They gave us Giratini and now they going to give us a reasonable counter, not the best counter, but a reasonable one. I think with some deck tweaking, and the right pokemon friend, it could turn into a catch you off guard deck in some League Challenges.

On another note, I wish they would have made it weak to fighting. Gengar and Wobufet/bats are still really good decks. With these card still in heavy play I can see this card getting smashed against those decks. With a weakness to fighting you would be dealing with the Machamp and Lacario. I think I'd perfer to take my chances against those decks than a Gengar and Wobofet/Bats deck. But that is just me.

These are cool cards, but I honestly see both the other Mewtwo-EX and M Mewtwo=EX getting a lot more play. 30x the number of P energy on Mewtwo and 10+ 30x the number of all energy attached to both pokemon is the basic mechanic that worked on the old Mewtwo-EX so well, just in a variation (albeit with either evolution setup needed or the need to P energy on the non-mega - but with a 30x rather than 20x multiplier as payoff).

Meanwhile, getting a mix of 4 P/F energy on that can't be accelerated with DCE is a huge challenge with limited utility. If this kind of strategy was really good, Tyrantrum-EX would be a top-tier card already.

On another note, I wish they would have made it weak to fighting. Gengar and Wobufet/bats are still really good decks. With these card still in heavy play I can see this card getting smashed against those decks. With a weakness to fighting you would be dealing with the Machamp and Lacario. I think I'd perfer to take my chances against those decks than a Gengar and Wobofet/Bats deck. But that is just me.

I'm a bit confused here, how can a Psychic/Fighting Pokémon be weak to Fighting? Mewtwo's only weaknesses in the games are Flying, Ghost and Fairy, so a Fighting-weak Mewtwo would make literally no sense.

I'm a bit confused here, how can a Psychic/Fighting Pokémon be weak to Fighting? Mewtwo's only weaknesses in the games are Flying, Ghost and Fairy, so a Fighting-weak Mewtwo would make literally no sense.
It is just a thought because one of the mewtwo charges is fighting. Currently he is weak to psychic. I thought it would be interesting to make him weak to fighting. Like the new Palka will be weak to grass.

It is just a thought because one of the mewtwo charges is fighting. Currently he is weak to psychic. I thought it would be interesting to make him weak to fighting. Like the new Palka will be weak to grass.

Well, the current Palkia from the Legendary Holo Collection is weak to grass because it is printed as a water type, since Palkia is Water/Dragon in the videogame canon. Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting in the videogames, so if anything Mewtwo's type would have been changed to Fighting over Psychic, not the weakness. Even as a fighting type, would still be weak to Psychic.

Yeah!!!!!!!
1 Point for TPCi and Pokebeach,and 1 point for me,because I guess the correct translation for the Mewtwo X.
for M-Mewtwo X,because the AC is 1 Psychic,2 Fighting,and 1 random energy,so no Strong Energy.

Well, the current Palkia from the Legendary Holo Collection is weak to grass because it is printed as a water type, since Palkia is Water/Dragon in the videogame canon. Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting in the videogames, so if anything Mewtwo's type would have been changed to Fighting over Psychic, not the weakness. Even as a fighting type, would still be weak to Psychic.

Sigh...ok...I guess what I was getting at is that it would be an interesting game mechanic change. Sometimes the most interesting mechanics are the ones that break the logic of the system.

Example:
E=MC^2 Energy = Mass * speed of light squared broke the mechanics of physics.
Mars has salt water running off the cliffs, broke the mechanics astronomy of what we know it.
Self driving cars will break the process of driving cars as we know it.

The thought was more posed to a ponderer of a question, would making Mewtwo's weakness to fighting not break the logic of the production company, but break the statistical outcome of the card game structure. And if it did, would it be for the better or worse? In the examples I listed above, these broken mechanics will actually help with a better solutions. I guess I like risks so the game and cards don't become stagnate.

Maybe it is things to come with the new "Break Evolution". It could be a metaphor for what they are trying to do with a stagnant meta game structure. ;0)

Again, just thoughts. But, you do have very valid points.

Back