XY8 \'BREAKthrough,\' XY8 English Products

Isn't it a bit early to be giving out info on a set before it even comes out in Japan? Last time they announced the English set in July one month early but this set is announced an extra two weeks early. But whatever.

I still think these breaks are a terrible idea, and I would be really annoyed if they made appearances in the Video games, and anime. DON'T DO IT POKEMON JUST DON'T DO IT!

Isn't it a bit early to be giving out info on a set before it even comes out in Japan? Last time they announced the English set in July one month early but this set is announced an extra two weeks early. But whatever.

I still think these breaks are a terrible idea, and I would be really annoyed if they made appearances in the Video games, and anime. DON'T DO IT POKEMON JUST DON'T DO IT!

I doubt they'd put it in to the games or the show. That's basically what Mega Evolutions are. Besides, this isn't anything new at all, they always have a mechanic they test out for the TCG and then suddenly drop it.

Well let's see these are basically new version of Lv. X cards - no game appearance. EXs are any Pokemon being a basic - that doesn't happen in game either. Ancient Traits - nope never seen anything like that in game.

The games influence the cards not the other way around.

Well let's see these are basically new version of Lv. X cards - no game appearance. EXs are any Pokemon being a basic - that doesn't happen in game either. Ancient Traits - nope never seen anything like that in game.

The games influence the cards not the other way around.

I know that last thing but that's not what is making me concerned. What's making me concerned is that the TPC is loading to many new mechanisms. Right after they rap up ancient traits they go on to break cards, the only difference is that all BREAK cards look relatively the same because they're all gold, and they are just all around stupid.

Here's another thing EX's were originally gen. 3, but Lv. X cards were gen. 4. What bothers me most is that TPC is pumping too much stuff that nobody likes. Hopefully to make up for it XY9 will have my Glaceon-EX.

Threw together a quick set list based on known cards (used Red Flash, Blue Impact, Raichu and Noivern BREAK decks and the non full art cards from the Legendary Collection) and we are missing 5 Pokemon. The Togekiss and Emboar EX deck cards don't fit based on Chesnaught BREAK and Raichu BREAK's confirmed english card number (will we ever get them?) if you include the Legendary Collection cards, which makes more sense to include because of the missing card before Chesnaught BREAK (which would be the set's Chespin). If we use the Emboar/Togekiss deck cards (excluding the obviously missing EXs) we are short 8 Pokemon... Some english exclusives perhaps? Or some promo cards I'm forgetting maybe? Dunno.

Nice to see that they are making new Prenium collections with the playmat and everything. Might have to pick one of the boxes up. I don't have a playmat yet.

I really don't see why they couldn't have had regular mewtwo as the elite trainer box. Would be more marketable considering regular Mewtwo has more recognition than its megas.

My wallet already feels lighter and these haven't even been released yet... those Mega Mewtwo boxes are awesome. I agree that it would've been nice to have a regular Mewtwo box as well, though.

The artwork for Mega Houndoom on the booster pack is amazing. Not sure how I feel about these BREAK cards the more I see them. Not gonna lie, Zoroark BREAK still has my full attention.

I hate those premium collection boxes. It costs over twice as much as buying the boosters separately here (8 boosters is $48, so $6 a pack and those boxes are $100) so if you want the promos you're paying colossal overs for them.

In fact, all of these boxes and blisters and other stuff that are "better value" in the US just cost more here. The ETB are $60, the 3-pack blisters cost anywhere from $20 to $25 depending on whether it's a pin or promo blister, the promo/coin blisters are $9, tins and figure/jumbo promo boxes are $35.

It's an absolute pain. Importing from other English-speaking regions is not worth it either due to shipping costs. It's ridiculous.

Back