ORAS Which Version and Starter Will You Choose?

RE: Which Starter Will You Choose?

Definitely picking Treecko this time around.

Now that his final stage gets a Mega, it would be a very useful Dragon for my team. I'm considering naming him "Reptar".

Hello all ^_^

To avoid the thread becoming a bit spammy, please remember to explain why you choose a game version or certain starter Pokémon. Some recent posts have been removed, but feel free to post your choices again and why! :p

Your Hoenn-hyped Mod,
King Xerneas

Oh, as for version...I still can't make up my mind about it.

Knowing how Emerald perfected the plot (and given it's nonexistence in this remake business), both versions will feel incomplete, but aqua trying to shut down the volcano is less odd than magma stealing a submarine and waking groudon in seafloor cavern...

Back when I was a kid/teen the choice was always clear and obvious, being a combination of preferring the not-"fire is coooool" color (blue-silver-sapphire-leafgreen-diamond..), liking the mascot and its theme better (blastoise!!! lugia and night/ocean D: kyogre and seaaaa :E dialga cold tough and timeless *-*...)... but I don't know anymore what the determining factor should be.
I've already deviated that pattern by going for the menacing red-themed Y rather than the calming blue Y...but maybe this is a dark path D:

Version exclusives used to play a role, but ever since wifi, that became mostly irrelevant (except if I prefered one appearing at its locations for some reason..). So this part boils down to "which mascot do you wanna be able to catch by yourself". But as I like both Groudon and Kyogre a lot, equally in every sense, thinking about this won't help.

So what else is there... how the box looks? If I cared about that much, I'd probably be one of those people that have to get both anyway..

Then there is the title screen Im gonna see hundreds of times and that definitely has psychological consequences.... xDDD
I'm leaning towards Alpha Sapphire on this one.

That leaves me with what theme I wanna see pop up through the game.
And I thought, why would I oppose team Aqua and try to stop them? I prefer cold and rainy weather. I can't stand sweating in heat. So going against Team Magma would be much more natural. Not to mention I'd be partially on Aquas side *o*
From the footage we've seen, it also seems like Magmas new more fleshed out reasoning behind their plans makes much more sense to me (expanding the land because more land is freakin useful for civilisation, rather than expanding the sea for any reason when it's as abundant as it gets, especially strating on an island...)

So I think I'll get Omega Ruby unless some crucial gamechanging info is released before then.

When I buy it, I'll go with Alpha Sapphire. Sapphire was already my choice in GBAdvance and I prefer Team Aqua over Magma, more now that they are "defending" Pokémon and not humans! Also, their grunts look way more cool than Magma's. Primal Kyogre also looks better than Primal Groundon. Also, I dislike the Fire-type so...:p

As for the starter, it's obvious: Treecko, because I love the Grass-type. I don't care about Megas, so Mega-Sceptile isn't a reason for my choice.

I let my little brother to choose first ( because I can't )and he chose Omega Ruby so I am going for Alpha sapphire but after he will finish the story the game goes to me anyway so I will do a "re-run" and do a wondertrade challange or something :)

I will choose Alpha Sapphire because I have never played a Gen 3 game except for emulators and I want a kyogre so badly.

My starter would be a treecko as I want this game to be my first time not using a starter

I've already pre-ordered both, but my main game will be Omega Ruby! I personally think that Primal Kyogre looks cooler than Primal Groudon, but I'm choosing Omega Ruby anyways for nostalgia. Ruby was my main game in Gen lll and I'd like to carry that over into Gen Vl. And as to which starter I'm going with. I'll be choosing Mudkip since Mega Swampert is beast! Mega Sceptile looks awesome aswell, (and is a super, awesome Dragon type), but for whatever reason, I was more attracted to Mega Swampert when it was first revealed in Corocoro.

As a young kid I always picked the game with the cooler legendary Pokemon. If they had a emerald remake I would choose that in a heart beat,but they don't so omega Ruby it is. My starter is mudkip.

I'm going to get Sapphire, and I hope to convince my husband to get Ruby. I love the sea and sea creatures and such, and I loved Kyogre too, which is why I picked Sapphire over Ruby the first time around. I see no reason to change that again now. :D I'll also pick Treeko as my starter, probably, since it was also the same thing that I picked before, and I'm really intrigued about Treeko's mega form.

Food for thought for everyone chosing because they "like team x more than y":

shouldn't you choose the other version then? ;D
Otherwise you're their enemy, trying to stop their plans.

You get to interact with the matching team more, though. You barely see your same team at all, except for a few map grunts and talking with the leader occasionally.

Mitja said:
Food for thought for everyone chosing because they "like team x more than y":

shouldn't you choose the other version then? ;D
Otherwise you're their enemy, trying to stop their plans.

I'm helping "overthrowing" my favorite team in order to reassemble and take over it while everyone thinks that it disbanded! U_U A guy wearing a jump/swimming suit with a net-skirt and bling-bling necklace is too noticeable.

getting both games and starting with all three starters. hahaha I like having all three starters cuz it's fun and it's hard to choose one over the other. =]

vinni3winni3 said:
getting both games and starting with all three starters. hahaha I like having all three starters cuz it's fun and it's hard to choose one over the other. =]

How exactly are you going to acheive that? trading?

I am getting both games but gonna play throught Alpha Sapphire first. Reason is because the game that I play first will probably be my main game which I will never restart. And I think the Groudon cut scene is gonna be a bit cooler :p Sadly didn't think about that in XY so now Y is my main game, even thought I like yveltal more.

For starter I'm picking Treecko on Sapphire, cause I like its evolution the most (I dont' like Treecko thought). For Ruby its gonna be Mudkip, torchic just seam a bit boring since you could use it in XY.

If I'm honest...its hard to decide, because normally I would go for Alpha Sapphire as Water is my favorite type next to Dragon, Fire, Ground, Rock, Electric and Grass. On the other side, having seen Groudon's new Ability that makes him immune to Water-type attacks isn't bad either, so Omega Ruby might be a good choice too, not to say, it contrasts well with Pokémon X which has a blue theme from the start. - Blue X, Red Ruby

Regardless of version though, I'm picking Treecko, as I already have used Blaziken a lot, and I'm not too interested in Swampert. In the end, however, for me, the version I will pick, will depend on the version exclusives (barring Legends) and their availiabilty in shops, as I never buy both versions. I see no reason to, because I don't have two 3DSes, so its redundant for me to get two of the same games with minimal differences. This way of thinking has always been around for every generation of Pokémon Games

Besides, I enjoy trading Pokémon with others. Its the very essence of the games after all.

vinni3winni3 said:
anyone know if we can use pokebank with the new games?

The main reason why they even made pokebank is so they dont have to make transfer methods ever again.
IT IS THE universal compatibility app for pokemon games from now on.

So in other words, yes obviously ;D

Alpha Sapphire, of course! Number one because Team Aqua is supreme to me, and number two because of Kyogre. (Seriously though, who wants to deal with 4x weaknesses on a legendary of all things? xD)

I'll most likely choose Torchic (it's what i went with when I first played Sapphire) but I am very tempted to choose Mudkip because of Swampert's mega.

MarinaS said:
Seriously though, who wants to deal with 4x weaknesses on a legendary of all things? xD

250px-079Slowpoke.png

Primal Groudons ability Desolate Land activates Harsh sunlight which evaporates Water moves entirely.

Mitja said:
250px-079Slowpoke.png

Primal Groudons ability Desolate Land activates Harsh sunlight which evaporates Water moves entirely.

There's still ground types too worry about. >->

Back