ORAS Which Version and Starter Will You Choose?

Imma get AlphaSapphire and Imma choose Mudkip!! :D
People keep saying to me, "I herd you liek Mudkips" with terrible spelling. Apparently it's a meme, but I don't get it.

Put in a preorder for Omega Ruby, and plan on getting Torchic. Both for purely nostalgic reasons.

It's likely going to be my main game since Ruby was the game I nearly played to bits when I was younger.

Skyleaf2000 said:
Imma get AlphaSapphire and Imma choose Mudkip!! :D
People keep saying to me, "I herd you liek Mudkips" with terrible spelling. Apparently it's a meme, but I don't get it.

Doing the same as you... maybe, for nostalgic reasons. Technically, my very first R/S starter was Torchic, but I reset the game twice after that to choose Treecko, and then finally ended with Mudkip. Chose Mudkip in Emerald as well. One of said Mudkip's (Swampert's) offspring will be transferred over to OR/AS to carry on that same bit of data from over ten years ago. <3

With that said, I may get a Treecko and just use the transferred Mudkip... Don't really need two, especially since OR/AS's would play second banana. Guess I'll find out next month.

I still don't know the origin of that. It was a big meme about four/five years ago. I sent a message to the forum's very own Shining Raikou back when he was a normal member with a completely different name, asking him about what it meant, as his avatar or signature had the phrase in it. He said I probably shouldn't look it up.

To this day I still haven't looked it up. :p

Already totally paid for both games in a preorder. My son Josh has done the same. Seeing that I've already got the Blazikenite, I'll probably start with the other starters in OR and AS - one in one and the other in the other one. But either way, I'll be playing both games at once (within reason of course).

I already pre-ordered both games as well. I always enjoy being able to trade with myself for version exclusives, starting over games for when I'mbored while keeping my main game finished for battles and anything else.

I'm planning to choose Treecko as my in-game chosen starter, but I'll transfer over the others too so I can use all of them (I rotate teams so I can use many different Pokémon). I already used Blaziken a lot in XY, so I don't plan on using it as much in ORAS.

Since I already have Mega Blaziken from the Torchic promo, I'll probably pick Treecko. Dragon/Grass sounds cool even though it suffers 4x weak to ice like every other dragon. Not sure about Ruby or Sapphire though. I'll have to see what Megas will be exclusive for each.

I'm going to download Omega Ruby fer sure. I think my starter is going to be Treecko, because I love Sceptile, and Mega Sceptile looks boss. Hoping I can trade over either a Tyrunt egg or Jaw Fossil as soon as I can, because I can't have a game without him on my story team.

RE: What version and starter do you choose?

Alpha Sapphire with Treecko, seriously, that thing is a bit more versatile imo and the gyms that use types that it is weak against have their own weaknesses practically surrounding them anyway. I also like Kyogre a bit more than Groudon anyway.

I'm going to get both versions, so:

For Alpha Sapphire I will choose Mudkip (one of my favourite starters) and for Omega Ruby I will pick Treecko.

The reason is I wanted to use starter mega-evos that I have played with before. I used Blaziken for a long time in Pokémon X, so it's time for a little change...! ;) Besides it's not exactly my favourite Fire/Fighting Pokémon.

I'm gonna Pick Treecko for my A.Sapphire version. Although having Torchic would really boost my chance in beating most gym leader early. But I really want to try the mega sceptile new typing

since I would be playing PokemonX and getting Froakie n Charmander there

I'm getting Alpha Sapphire, because I like Seviper, Lunatone, Kyogre, and Latias the most out of those duos, and Team Aqua is my favorite villain team. I'm choosing Mudkip as my starter because its evolutionary line has my favorite designs of the Hoenn starters (Mega Swampert isn't my favorite of their mega evolutions, but it's not enough to make me not use it, and the stat boosts it gets are nice). Also, free victories against Roxanne, Wattson, and Flannery.

I will be getting Omega Ruby and choosing Torchic, just like my first time playing through generation 3.

I will be purchasing Alpha Sapphire first. The Pokémon I will most likely choose is Sceptile, I see it as the most complete with its mega to get through the story mode.

Back