ORAS Which Version and Starter Will You Choose?

Omega Soul

I'm feeling dizzy
I was wondering, what version Of the hoenn remakes are you going to get? I'm going with omega ruby, as I love nature and like the idea of stopping team magma, who are destroying life in the sea as they expand the land mass. Also, both my sisters are actually going to pick up two second hand 2dses to play this, playing pokemon for the first time in years, and they are both getting AS. Maybe we could trade and catch em all... :p

Also, what starter are you gonna choose? I'm with torchic purely for noglastia reasons, as torchic was my first pokemon. I guess a lot of people aren't going for that as tons of peeps already got one in XY...oh well, time to see what you guys think.

[mod]MtheW[/mod] - Hey, just gonna copy and paste what Xerneas said in his post, please keep your posts a little more descriptive, thank you : D

"To avoid the thread becoming a bit spammy, please remember to explain why you choose a game version or certain starter Pokémon. Some recent posts have been removed, but feel free to post your choices again and why! :p"

~ Originally posted by Xerneas

RE: What version and starter do you choose?

Treecko in Omega Ruby and Mudkip/Torchic in Alpha Sapphire.

Alpha Sapphire of course!

Mudkip, of course!

Just like old times!

Alpha Sapphire because Kyogre is better than Groudon. That's not just my opinion, but a demonstrable fact.

As for the starter, I don't know. I'm not particularly fond of any of the Hoenn starters, or their final evolutions. I will probably pick Mudkip because Swampert is kinda the least stupid out of the three.

However, if one chose not to pick Torchic, then they were SOL on Fire-types until they got to Fiery Path, almost a third of the way through the game. That will probably be alleviated with the expanded Hoenn Pokedex, but it's something to consider.

That said, picking Mudkip is easy mode, but Mega Sceptile is part Dragon and dragons make everything easy mode.

PMJ said:
Alpha Sapphire because Kyogre is better than Groudon. That's not just my opinion, but a demonstrable fact.

As for the starter, I don't know. I'm not particularly fond of any of the Hoenn starters, or their final evolutions. I will probably pick Mudkip because Swampert is kinda the least stupid out of the three.

However, if one chose not to pick Torchic, then they were SOL on Fire-types until they got to Fiery Path, almost a third of the way through the game. That will probably be alleviated with the expanded Hoenn Pokedex, but it's something to consider.

That said, picking Mudkip is easy mode, but Mega Sceptile is part Dragon and dragons make everything easy mode.
In terms of battle, yes, Kyogre wins. However, design-wise,groudon wins that easily.

I'm getting Omega Ruby, the first game I ever got (ruby), and picking mudkip, my first starter pokemon <3. I like mega swamperts designs too

PMJ said:

What are you talking about? Mega Swampert looks the MOST stupid of the three! I also never ended up choosing Mudkip, because of how dumb regular Swampert looks.

I'll be buying Alpha Sapphire and choosing Treecko! Sapphire was the Gen3 game I picked, and Treecko is my favorite of the 3 starters (and the one I picked in my first play through of Sapphire).

I'm torn. I kind of want Alpha Sapphire cause I always get the "red" coloured games and I just like Kyogre way more then Groudon. But, only gen 3 game I ever played was Ruby, and I want the nostalgia of playing Ruby again. Ultimately, I'll probably get Ruby.

And... I'm gonna pick Mudkip, just because Mudkip was my Ruby starter all those years ago. Funny thing is, Treecko is my favourite line from that generation, or at least it was, but my brother and sister and I always had a system. We each got whichever game we wanted (As long as at least one of us got the compliment version for trading) and then we each got a different starter and bred them for everyone else. My sister was the oldest, and she always gets fire, no mater what. My brother and I however, take turns. So, I got water, then grass, then water, then grass, then water, etc. I always ended up with the starter I liked the least, every generation. It was my turn for water that generation, just like gen seven is my turn for water (so you can assume that if there is a gen 7, the water starter will be the least liked. Just my luck) So I get mudkip. But, I always grow to love the starter I use, so now he's my favourite!

Alpha Sapphire best version.
I really cannot decide who to choose. It's like last year, when I didn't know who to choose for XY.
Hopefully, when the time will come for me to choose, it'll be quite easy.

personally, i plan on playing Omega ruby and Picking treeko. this is perhaps due to the fact that my first pokemon game was Ruby, and i picked treeko my first time around. that treeko was the first and only pokemon i had ever got to LV. 100. if Nintendo does this game right, this will be the single most nostalgic moment of the year!

I am torn because I want alpha sapphire, but I want a angoose and i have no one to trade with and the internet on my 3DS is shot :(

However I am definitely picking Treecko line, the greatest pokemon line ever made since the series beginning until it's eventual end.

PMJ said:
but Mega Sceptile is part Dragon and dragons make everything easy mode.

Yeah, but first you have to get him to level... er.... 36? 34? 32? I dunno. And I bet the mega stones come after that. We don't know yet, though.

EDIT: also, fairies exist now, so they are less overpowered.

Alpha Sapphire and Treecko.

Kyogre is boss, Primal Kyogre only expands on that.
Sceptile is awesome, Mega Sceptile has to be one of my favourite Megas introduced. (even though Dragon is one of least favoured types... I pretty much only like M Sceptile and Goomy xD)

I'm getting both versions, but Omega Ruby is coming first.

I like Mudkip most out of the 3 starters but I like Blaziken/Mega Blaziken more than Swampert/Mega Swampert. Hmm...

Looks like I'm the only one choosing torchic... ah well, I like being different.

Alpha Sapphire just because of Nostalgia reasons and I'm choosing Treecko because.....HELLO?! It's a grass dragon type!

Omega Soul said:
PMJ said:
but Mega Sceptile is part Dragon and dragons make everything easy mode.

Yeah, but first you have to get him to level... er.... 36? 34? 32? I dunno. And I bet the mega stones come after that. We don't know yet, though.

EDIT: also, fairies exist now, so they are less overpowered.

not to mention Mega sceptile has 6 weaknesses. he probably won't be much of a boost resistance wise, his dragon typing is a liability

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm getting both versions, but Omega Ruby is coming first.

I like Mudkip most out of the 3 starters but I like Blaziken/Mega Blaziken more than Swampert/Mega Swampert. Hmm...

I suggest maybe going for torchic then. It won't be hard to get a swampert for post game, but fewer people are going to be picking Torchic for their runs because they had them in X/Y. It could help give your in game team a distinct difference if you want to battle other with it later, but to each his own.

If you know what else you want on your team, you could always just look at those pokemon and then fill in the blanks with the appropriate starter for type coverage. You know you're gonna need a surfer, for example.

I intend to get both, but I'll play Omega Ruby first, since I originally got Sapphire back in the day. My starter ... well, I'll probably take Mudkip, but I intend to breed fresh L1s of all the starters and transfer them over via trade or Pokemon Bank. Cheating? Yeah, basically. :)

Back