XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Here's my team so far...

Chespin (I might replace it with Gogoat, but eh. Why not? Grass types are always useful)
Doublade (Who wouldn't want a freaking floating sword in their party? The type is great, too. Dat Sacred Sword)
Clauncher (I've been wanting another Crustacean since 2005. I'm so damn happy Clauncher is here. That's the main reason I'm getting X)
Swirlix (Dude, it's cotton candy. wynaut? I heart inanimate object Pokemon)
Furfrou (My god the hair on that thing is better than Mega Ampharos's. I'm going to name mine Mr. Mullet for sure. Dat hair)
New Flying Type/Tyrunt (If there isn't a good flying type I'll use Tyrunt. Everybody's been waiting for a T-rex for like 15 years, including me. I really like a Pokemon to use fly...)

If there isn't a suitable Flying type for my team and I decide otherwise on Tyrunt, I'm probably going to transfer one of my bred Zubats over. :p

Here's when i play the 2nd time through...

Froakie (My favorite so far of the Starters. I love its design and I like frogs.)
Litleo (I hope I get the female version, I just prefer Lioness's over Males. Idk why. PS I'm not sexist or anything. Fire types are always good.)
Meowstic (I just love the design of it. It's just so great.)
Helioptile (I don't like the design of it, but I like it better than a Pikachu clone. Seriously, the rat of this gen looks like a baby raichu.)
(Some new pokemon)
(Some new pokemon, maybe a bred Sewaddle or a Timburr. Something like that.)

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

So far I have two Pokémon for sure:

Froakie and its evolutions. I always chose the Water Pokémon and this ain't the exception whatever the design will be.

Mega Blastoise. The same reason as above and I can get it before the game finishes!

Considered:

Aurorus. A sauropod Pokémon with a thumb claw, that's very awesome.

Malamar. Psychic/Dark is a good combination and it's a cuttlefish with a beak instead of the usual cephalopod in Japanese depictions with a tube mouth.

Trusk the supposed Grass/Rock boar. From what the rumors said, it has a very interesting design and it has a very unique double type.

Well I don't think I'll be able to avoid Mega Charizard X or Y now. I'm torn between the two, but I know I want Charizard now.

My team will probably be this starting out:

Chespin
Charmander
Squirtle

Who knows, this might change yet again before the release. x_x

Ugh THANKS X form of Zard. >_>

X team: Froakie/Chespin and Charmander
Y team: Chespin/Froakie/w/e and Bulbasaur

I'm screwed, because I want Froakie for X and I want a Bulbasaur, but I really don't want Y Charizard and if I get Chespin in Y, that would mean I'll have 2 Grass types. >_>

Blob55 said:
Ugh THANKS X form of Zard. >_>

X team: Froakie/Chespin and Charmander
Y team: Chespin/Froakie/w/e and Bulbasaur

I'm screwed, because I want Froakie for X and I want a Bulbasaur, but I really don't want Y Charizard and if I get Chespin in Y, that would mean I'll have 2 Grass types. >_>

No ones forcing you to use your Kanto starter.... If it really bothers you, then box it.

No, I mean I really WANT the Kanto starters. I'm actually thinking about boxing my Kalos starter in Y.

X team

Early Team 100% set;

Fennekin [I dislike the other two]
Fletchling [Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee]
Espurr [Useful cat pokemon?!? Heck yes]

Later Team [additions];

Litleo [Regional Shinx]
Helioptile [The New GEICO]
Skiddo [Eeee <3]
Noivern [I never seem to use birds for Fly-slaves anymore]
Clauncher [Dat blue]
Inkay [Goes from cute to BA]
Pangoro [It's nice... might end up being the Breloom of the team]
Dedenne [Meh, it's kinda cute. Postgame, though. My first fairy type will be Xerneas]
Meowstic [For the confused, the female is the attacker, and the male is the support] See Espurr ^
Furfrou [It is my goal to create the single most stupid looking one of these to exist. I'm serious]
Fossil-mon [Love that apato, but the 4x weakness.... oi. The other dino with leave me with at least two dragons, but the new type combo.... ;-;]

Xerneas [Mononoke. Even though it actually looks nothing like the FS save for many anlters. Will be my first Fairy type.]

Megas; If all starter mons get megas, it depends on their looks.
I quite like Mega- Blaziken, Lucario, Absol, and i'll transfer over my special Garchomp because he is my baby :3 Charizard because i was getting Charmander anyway.

Events;

Torchic [Not sure i'll actually use it on my team, but yeah.]

So far im only picking mons based on looks and from this gen. After the full dex + stats are up ill go by that.

Blob55 said:
No, I mean I really WANT the Kanto starters. I'm actually thinking about boxing my Kalos starter in Y.

Well if that's the case, then you could just use your Kalos starter (whatever it is) and then ditch it when you get the Kanto starter.

My plan right now is:

-Chespin. He will be my grass (and dark?) pokemon. However, choosing him relies on him getting a redeeming final evolution.

-Charmander. My kanto starter. He will be my fire type and my flier. Also he will probably be the Mega Evolver on my team, I love Mega Charizard Y

-Skrelp. One of my favorite Gen VI pokemon. He will be my surfer and fairy killer with his poison typing. Also, poison is one of my favorite types

-Spritzee. This one is actually being debated right now. Originally it was going to be my fairy type, but after seeing its in-question leaked evolution, I am not so sure. Might sub it out for Dedenne (sp?) assuming that it gets an evolution. If not, then I'm not sure who my fairy will be.

-Tyrunt. I love this guy. Awesome design, neat typing, all around awesome. He will be my dragon type in this run.

Not sure who to make my final team addition. I'll leave this open for unforeseen circumstances in-game. Those always seem to happen haha.

I've already posted my team, but now I know I'm going with Charizard in X for sure.

Here's mine:

Delphox
Venusaur
Some Eeveelution (haven't decided)

I'm the type of person who loves to train all sorts of different Pokemon, so I usually have a staple group of three (above) and switch out the rest depending on what I expect to face; like what Gym is up next etc.

That being said, I really like Furfrou, Rhyhorn, Aurorus, and Clauncher, so I'll probably have those.

New Pokemon Y team (I took out Kalos starter)

1- Mega Venusaur
2- Sylveon
3- Tyrantrum
4- Talonflame
5- Doublade
6- Pangoro

Really nice type coverage. 4-6 subject to rotation.

Pokemon X

1- Mega Charizard X
2- Auroras
3- Greninja if I warm up to it by the time I finish Y
4-6 undecided

Pokemon X Team:
Chesnaught - Obelisk(Yugioh reference)/Thornknight
Mega Charizard X - Apollo
Pangoro - Bamboo
Aurorus - Borealis
Furfrou/Noivern - Sunny, Sorrell(Furfrou)/ Nytscream(Noivern)
Malamar/Some cool fairy type(Xerneas) - Necrokraken/ Oberon(Xerneas)

Pokemon Y Team:
Delphox - Zen/Merlin
Mega Venusaur - Vidara
Heliolisk/Rotation Slot - Voltage
Hawlucha - Mucha Lucha
Tyrantrum - King Rex
Skrelp/Rotation Slot(Yveltal) - Weedra,Toxigon/Hades(Yveltal)

I have a rule about always using my two favorite types, Grass and Electric, so with that in mind, I'll be using:

• Chesnaught. What can I say, this guy's a beast!
• Heliolisk. This little guy could potentially be one of my favorite Electric-types next to Electivire and Eelektross. We'll see!
• Diggersby. The Fat and Happy Pokémon. That says it all right there.
•Blastoise. Because I need someone to put out fires the old-fashioned way. And I can't swim.

The rest I'll leave up to chance!

Now that we've got the starters down, I think I can choose a team.

-Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught
-Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
-Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
-Helioptile/Heliolisk
-undecided water pokemon ( not sure about the water selection this gen. if i cant decide, ill probably end up picking up Squirtle instead of Charmander, and going with Fletchling for my Fire type)
- last slot is up in the air. Might do Inkay/Malamar, or an eeveelution. Depends on the rest of the new gen 6 pokemon

If I choose Fennekin:
Delphox
Blastoise
Sylveon
Roserade

If I choose Froakie:
Greninja
Charizard
Gardevior
Roserade

As for the two vacant slots, I'll wait for more New pokemon/mega evolution news.

Fennekin Team: I'd love to add a dragon to the team. Which dragon is the question though.lol
Froakie Team: Since I'll be getting X Charizard will cover the dragon area, so I'm a bit clueless on what pokemon to fill the rest of my team with. lol
We'll just have to see when I get the game. haha

Pokemon X (Not getting Y; please trade):
1. Greninja
2. Sylveon
3. Heliolisk (Rotater)
4. Pangoro(Rotater)
5. Charizard (Mega)
6. Tyrantrum

P.s: I'm making multiple teams lol

I have noticed that a lot of people are using previous generation I don't think that u will be able to catch theme until u get the national pokedex anyway my team is

1 chespin
2 torchick
3 squirtle
4 talon flame
5 pangoroo
6 sylveon
Obviously open to change

I don't really care about stats I care about looks a little bit but mostly just interesting and original designs that's why I like these ones and the starters I choose to get an even spread of types

All these leaks.
So beautiful....

SPOILERS AHEAD.
Fennekin, Braxien, Delphox
They did it.
They made it a wizard.
And an awesome one at that.
The fact that it can....create swirling vortexes of fire...so...awesome...

The name will be Witch Pyr.

Skiddo, Gogoat
Yes, we're still keeping a goat.
Haven't we already gone through this?
We can ride it, it can feel what you're feeling through it's horn etc.

His name will be Mossback, Leafhoof, Grasshorn....whatever sounds best!

Flabebe, Floette
Whoah!
The pretty flower fairy got an EVOLUTION?!
Yes, yes!
It's beautiful....you're back on my team!
Sorry Tyrunt....maybe next time.

I really don't know what to name her.
TO THE RANDOM NAME GENERATOR.

3rdsword said:
I have noticed that a lot of people are using previous generation I don't think that u will be able to catch theme until u get the national pokedex anyway my team is

1 chespin
2 torchick
3 squirtle
4 talon flame
5 pangoroo
6 sylveon
Obviously open to change

I don't really care about stats I care about looks a little bit but mostly just interesting and original designs that's why I like these ones and the starters I choose to get an even spread of types

Actually a lot of the regional dex consists of past generation Pokemon. Unfortunately, I might add, as I was hoping for loads of new Pokemon, not just old Pokemon getting megas.

Back