XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Well for my team:

Charizard X: fire/DRAGON

Talonflame: Fire/Flying masterace

Pangoro: a dark panda, what more can I say?

Aurorus: So adorable :3

Hawlucha: Reminds me of songbird from Bioshock: Infinite

[Instert new pseudo legendary]: yeh, I always have them

[private] This whole forum is full of spoilers. If you do not want to be spoiled then you should avoid the XY forum altogether. - Ysmir[/private]

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

scattered mind said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Ok, I've made up my mind for the last time:

Froakie = best starter ever. Water/Dark is a pretty unused type as well
Talonflame = this is probably my favorite regional bird yet, plus Fire/Flying is a pretty nice typing as well.
Gooby = this thing is just so adorable, plus it's always nice to have a Dragon
Malamar = Dark/Psychic is a pretty cool typing, plus we're long overdue for a squid Pokemon
Sylveon = its sooo cute, plus I wanna try out a Fairy, what better to use than the Fairy poster boy?
Oorotto = I eventually decided against Venusaur for my first playthrough, since I wanna use all new Pokemon. When we discovered it was Ghost/Grass that sealed the deal for me.

Don't you want to have a Mega Pokemon in your team ?
(Goes for everyone else who said they want only 6th gen Pokemon)

I'm not really that bothered about it.

I may train up several Mega Pokemon once I'm done with the main game though.

I wanted to choose a lot of Mega Pokémon for my team, then I realized that only 1 can be used per team. That's a sad, yet balanced, limitation.

Hmm, thinking of choosing Mega Blaziken as my main Mega Evo.

So far, these are my choices;

-Greninja
-Heliolisk
-Tyrantrum
-Noivern
-Goodra
-Charizard (for Mega Charizard Y)

Not as spoiled for choice as with B/W, but it still suffices. Obviously I'll have to catch a birdie for the occasions I need to fly, and possibly a swimmer, and then I'll just catch whatever takes my fancy on a given day.

And yes, I know that quite a few of them are late game. If that had put me off last time, I wouldn't have swept Ghetsis and his hax Hydreigon with a legitimate Hydreigon.

Two teams because I am not sure on my final starter choice.

Froakie - like it, good typing and its awesome.
Talonflame- liked it as well. Type combo is a personal favorite and I wanna use all new pokemon in my first play through so this over charizard.
Honedge- swords have always been a fascination of mine so I sword pokemon? No brained here
Tyrunt or goomy- I like both equally but it all depends on when we learn the typing of goomy. If it conflicts cause it is half water then I will go with tyrunt.
Helioptile- always use an electric and it's typing interests me.
Placeholder- most likely that ground/fairy that got mentioned in a review. Until it's confirmed though I won't put it.

Fennekin- always like the fire starter, what can I say I am a pyro.
Pancham- fighting/dark and a panda? Sign me up please
Goomy- here I like it better because even if it comes out dragon/water like I think it will no conflict
Honedge- same as above.
Binacle- evolved form is nice plus it fills a water slot or amaura if water spot gets filled in, like me some dinosaurs.
And finally Dedenne- got to have me a pikachu fairy.

I was gonna do a team of only new pokemon, but I am not a huge fan of what has been revealed. So if the following past generation pokemon are in the game, I'll possibly use Raichu as well for my Electric type. Helioptile's evo isn't really as menacing as I thought.

Let's see as it stands now: (I want just Kalos Pokemon on my team if all possible)

Froakie- I picked him from the start and I'm not backing down now <3
Fletchling- He shall be my flying Pokemon ^-^
Swirlix- I want to use a Fairy and darn it I'm determined to use this one xD (I'm getting X, so it is all good :p)
Helioptile- Yeah I normally have a Normal and an Electric on my team, so why just have one Pokemon take up that role <3
Meowstic (probably which ever gender I encounter first)- It was first love when I saw this Pokemon so I will have it on my team
I'm unsure what I'll be using for my 6th slot, maybe Honedge?

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught: (Grass/Fighting) Love Chespin's look, so cute. Sure Quilladin has the awkward stage but don't we all. Chesnaught just looks like a workhorse. I like the final design and feel like he'll be useful in game.

Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame: (Fire/Flying) The tiny Fletchling is so cute and Talonflame feels like a flaming Staraptor to me. Love the type combination and can't wait to put this region's fiery bird on my team.

Klefki: (Steel/Fairy) This Pokemon feels mysterious to me. The typing has immeasurable perks and I was looking for the potential fairy type to occupy a slot on my team. This little key ring is cute and could possibly be a defensive wall, very excited.

Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra: (Dragon) We're all thinking that the typing left something to be desired. However, Goomy feels like a little buddy already. The slimy evolutionary line has absurdly high special defense (unconfirmed) and could be this generations pseudo legendary.

Pancham/Pangoro: (Fighting/Dark) It's a panda. A panda. Panda.

Binacle/Barbaracle: (Water/Rock) This was more of a filler water type because I love carrying a dependable water type on every team. This generation I feel there is a lack of great water types. Barbaracle looks like it could have great attack and its typing rounds out my team well.

Can't wait to use strictly Kalos Pokemon for my first run through. One week folks.

Well, my team has changed a hell of a lot since the last time I posted. Dragalge losing it's Water typing really shook things up for me since I didn't want two Waters on my team. Now I'm thinking:

Greninja (Water/Dark): I was originally going to go with Delphox, and that's what I'll probably use the second time around. I love Greninja's dark typing, and I need some Water now.

Venusaur (Grass/Poison): Forever and always my favorite starter.

Talonflame (Fire/Flying): He's awesome, and I need someone who can fly.

Dragalge (Poison/Dragon): Easily my favorite sixth gen Pokemon. Probably going to end up one of my favorite pokemon ever.

Aurorous (Rock/Ice): Easily my favorite fossil ever.

??? (Fairy/?): And my last pokemon I'm undecided about. I know I want to use a Fairy, but I don't love most of the sixth gen Fairies. I might use Sylveon, or I may just use an old pokemon who's been retconned. Gardevoir maybe, but I haven't decided yet.

Poison Master said:
Well, my team has changed a hell of a lot since the last time I posted. Dragalge losing it's Water typing really shook things up for me since I didn't want two Waters on my team. Now I'm thinking:

Greninja (Water/Dark): I was originally going to go with Delphox, and that's what I'll probably use the second time around. I love Greninja's dark typing, and I need some Water now.

Venusaur (Grass/Poison): Forever and always my favorite starter.

Talonflame (Fire/Flying): He's awesome, and I need someone who can fly.

Dragalge (Poison/Dragon): Easily my favorite sixth gen Pokemon. Probably going to end up one of my favorite pokemon ever.

Aurorous (Rock/Ice): Easily my favorite fossil ever.

??? (Fairy/?): And my last pokemon I'm undecided about. I know I want to use a Fairy, but I don't love most of the sixth gen Fairies. I might use Sylveon, or I may just use an old pokemon who's been retconned. Gardevoir maybe, but I haven't decided yet.

Skrelp's type change on evolving changed everything for me too!

Now I'm thinking I'll run

Chespin - Krzysztof (male)
Squirtle - Sam I Am (male)
Flabebe or Klefki - Charity (female)
Aurorus - Darling (female)
Furfrou - (male)
Skrelp - (female or male)

Not sure if flabebe is confirmed to be pure fairy or fairy/grass yet. Anyone know? Cause that will change things for me. Not sure what I'll name the last two, and the names might change if I end up with different genders. We'll see how the game goes!

The flabebe evolution line is pure fairy, confirmed by pictures

Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja (Water/Dark): I have a thing for Dark Types. That's pretty much my reasoning for using it XD
Noibat/Noivern (Flying/Dragon): At first I wasn't going to use it, but Noibat is so freaking adorable i can't resist.
Phantump/Trevenant (Ghost/Grass): I needed a grass type and Trevenant looks pretty bad ass.
Amaura/Aurorus (Rock/Ice): Honestly my favorite fossil. I decided it need a spot on my team as soon as I saw it.
Helioptile/Heliolist (Electric/Normal): I need an electric type and I really love it. Although I really hope Heliolisk evolves one more time (doubt it will though)
Klefki? (Steel/Fariy): This one isn't set in stone. I need a Fairy, but Klefki is the only one that catches my eye. If there is a better Fairy type, it will replace Klefki

EDIT: Actually, I need a fire type so I'll swap Aurorus for Blaziken.

I noticed that with the new EXP share you don't really have to plan in your mind the 6 Pokemon team for you. The reason to decide which Pokemon will be in your team was in order to make sure which Pokemon you will need to grind levels with and which Pokemon will be a waste of time. Now it simply doesn't matter. Lets say that you begins with a full 6 team Pokemon you cought after the 5th gym. Then you encounter Goomy lvl 12. There is no problem to switch it out with your Vivillon lvl 30 because its not like you worked that hard for vivillon and it will not be hard at all to make Goomy stronger as well as the rest of the team.
Also you can always bring Vivillon back and train him without a problem.

SO.. I am going to choose Frokie and Charmander but after them I simply going to catch and battle with every Pokemon I encounter.

My thread got deleted for treading on this one's feet, so I'll simply repost here. Which Kanto starter do you think you'll be choosing? Pokemon aren't an issue for me, I've got a whole gen 5 Pokedex waiting to be transferred, but Mega Stones are. I'm forced to take Droughtzard, as it's too good to pass up, but I really want Venusaur as well. Is anyone else faced with such a dilemma?

My updated team so far for my X game:

Guaranteed spots thus far:
Fennekin: I like it for the design and typing/stat distribution, that's about it.
Bulbasaur: I like it for the design, and the new ability gained through mega evolution of Venusaur will make it a great tank. Also it has decent special attack, making it good in that aspect as well.
Slurpuff: I wanted to give the new typing a try, and for some reason I can't stop and think every time I see it how cute it is, in a derpy sort of way. It reminds me of a Pug in cuteness, kinda ugly but cute in it's ugliness. Also, it's ability will have some unique advantages in the meta game.

Debatable spots:
Pangoro: Good typing, good ability, good overall. Oh, and it's a panda.
Clauncher: I need a water type, and this seems like a good candidate. 'Nuff said.
Furfrou: Incredibly good ability. Halving physical damage? Yes please!
Aurorus: I like the design and ability, but am unconvinced how good it's going to be thanks to it's typing.
Dedenne: Depends on he evolves into.
Bunnelby: Same situation as Dedenne.
Xerneas: Depends on how good it is, and if it can be used on wifi battles.
Mewtwo X: Same case as Xerneas.
Kangaskhan: I like it's versatility and it's mega evolution would come in really handy.
Pumpkaboo: My gosh it's so cute. Also, like the typing and versatility of ghost-types.

To put it simply, I don't know. XD

Here is my newly updated almost mono-psychic team:

Delphox - fire/psychic - my favorite starter of the three

Espeon - psychic - my fav of all time

Gardevoir - psychic/fairy - this prom queen/dragon slayer is probably going to be my mega and my defense against the dark arts master

Meowstic - psychic - since one special attacking psychic cat isn't enough. Also take note, although I have two pokemon already wearing dresses, this is my only confirmed girl

Gourgeist - ghost/grass - what? I can't have all psychic types, plus this thing looks awesome, though I am heavily considering Aegislash instead...

Malimar - dark/psychic - I love the typing and pray to Arceus that it can learn surf, oh and it will be a big help with Olympia

I do really hope that there are like no or very few HM moves, or that my team can learn a lot of them.

Edit: crap, I need someone to know fly...gourgeist?

Whitefire said:
Delphox
Talonflame
Pyroar
Blaziken
Charizard
Skrelp Final

Come tell me how horrible this is [no, seriously] as I am actually contemplating using this. Note I only do story mode. ovo b
It doesn't matter if your team is good or bad. You like these pokemon and you want to use them. I see nothing wrong about it. The game is for fun, not for serious business. If you have fun with your team, then you will know what playing is about ;)

Vulpix said:
Whitefire said:
Delphox
Talonflame
Pyroar
Blaziken
Charizard
Skrelp Final

Come tell me how horrible this is [no, seriously] as I am actually contemplating using this. Note I only do story mode. ovo b
It doesn't matter if your team is good or bad. You like these pokemon and you want to use them. I see nothing wrong about it. The game is for fun, not for serious business. If you have fun with your team, then you will know what playing is about ;)

Thank you for quoting because someone seems to have deleted my post :|
I posted my desired team to be critiqued but I guess this works too... I guess i'll be going all Pyro then, plus random Y exclusive [main game is X].

I never really used fire types before this gen, bar the starters of gen 1 and 2. I'll be making up for it this gen eh?

Could you please elaborate on what you are looking for in a team and why you want the Pokémon you mentioned? Understanding your wishes is critical for giving advice.

Drohn said:
Could you please elaborate on what you are looking for in a team and why you want the Pokémon you mentioned? Understanding your wishes is critical for giving advice.

While this might not be too helpful, here is how I chose my team.

i. Type - I decided to run a team like a gym leader/elite four. I am using 5 psychic types and one ghost type. So, I guess I already fail the Christian Challenge, oh well. I love this type and I also chose some of my team to help against dark, ghost and other psychic types (Gardevior, Gourgheist, Mailmar). I also chose Mailmar because I absolutely love his type combo.

ii. Looks - Well, this one is mostly about cuteness...and cats. I love cats and as so, Espeon and Meowstic were great. Also female meowstic has that awesome beret and scarf. Additionally Goirgheist is an awesome looking candle pumpkin, how could one pass on that? Funny thing as well, though not necissary, I only have one designated female pokemon (meowstic), but two others have dresses (delphox and gardevoir), I found that funny.

iii. Nostalgia - Originally my favorite pokemon ever was jolteon because it started with a j like my name. Then, when I was over that, I fell in love with umbreon as it was an awesome dark type. When I played through HGSS, I had an umbreon on my team as well as espeon and leafeon. Here I learned that I love espeon's play style, plus it is more of a cat. Ever since, I have loved the nekomata. I mean, it's even in my username. For gardevoir, I recentlyish really discovered branched evolution. I found it amazing! But one evolution line, other than eevee, stood out to me. The ballroom dancer and the fencer. This might have been because I fenced at the time, but I loved them. I decided to use one and since the dancer has a mega evolution and is a fairy type, I decided to chose her.

So there is my team save an HM slave that switched out periodically. That is my biggest worry, HMs. I really hope that I don't have to cut someone for a flyer. That would make me sad. Oh well...

I hope this wasn't too boring and maybe, just maybe, helpful.

Back