Pokemon weird or amazing moments when playing pokemon

My three best moments:

1. Accidentally discovering the “Acid Rain” glitch in Platinum when grinding the Elite 4. I was leveling up my Tyrannitar, and I used its Pursuit to knock out Aaron’s Yanmega prior to it using U-Turn. It rained and Sandstormed at the same time… and both the rain and sand damaged our Pokemon! Crazy!

2. Finding and accidentally knocking out a shiny Zigzagoon in Sapphire.

3. Catching Articuno with a Great Ball on my first try in Leafgreen.

I had one very strange glitch in my white where a pokemon made a different sound effect than usual (it was at full health, btw). There was another where a water ripple appeared and disappeared in under a second.

For the water ripple, did you enter a battle/exit the route you were currently on? If water ripples, it's most likely a rare Pokemon.

I was looking for a Pansear in Pokemon White, (They have a 10% chance to appear in shaking grass) and I found a female Panpour (12.5% change, I believe). Thinking, "Oh, that's cool. Its evolution looks like a girl." Then, on my NEXT patch of shaking grass, it was ANOTHER female Panpour!! I caught this one too, thinking "Wow, what a coincidence!"
When I checked its nature to see which one was better, they BOTH had Modest!!!
Crazy stuff, right?
This is no lie, promise.

I don't buy that many pokemon cards but when i do i only buy one pack.I bought a HGSS pack and got the shiny gyrados.

I was trying to complete my pokedex and I needed the monkeys. I go into pinwheel forest and the first patch of shaking grass I see i get a panpour

I was playing White exploring the floor with water on Challenger´s Cave.Meanwhile surfing,I saw one of those little whirlpool things.I went straight to it to see what I could find.It turned out to be a Shiny Female Poliwhirl.I just had one Dive Ball,and I quickly threw it to her.I catched it on the first try...This is the first Shiny I found by myself...(When I was playing my brother´s Sapphire,I found a Purple Wurmple and I just fled.Years later when I knew what shinies were,I checked the the Wurmple shiny sprite,and when I saw it was purple,I just facepalmed myself D: )

Now she is a Politoed.I tend to call her Poliqueen sometimes XD

This is pretty common but it's always awesome when wild Pokemon use the worst moves like Heal Pulse or just plain kill themselves with the recoil from Take Down while you're on the verge of fainting. Saved my life a bunch of times. xD

Oh wow some of these are just sad :p My weiredest/ worst moment was when in Diamond I was doing a single run and I had a Lv. 97 Torterra that I had almost never healed and he had never fainted :p I was walking in the grass near that northern lake and a wild machoke comes out. I say to my self "No problem." I use frenzy plant, It misses :( Machoke uses low kick, It crits :( This goes one for a while and Twiggy dies :0 All my other pokemon were never trained and at like lv. 5=10 :(

This was just outright awesome:

I was breeding for a reuniclus to use in vgcs when one of my eggs hatched. Assuming it was another failure, I nicknamed it. When I checked it's stats, it was absolutely perfect. It is now a level 50 reuniclus named lady googa.

Mine was in pokemon platinum i was just wondering in the temple where you find regigigas and i found a shiny steelix i would tell you how happy i was when i caught it but i dont remember how happy i was (probably very happy)

Another was with victini i found it weird that he was the hardest to catch
Zekrom 2 ultra balls
Kyurem 3 ultra balls
Landorus 1 ultra ball
Terrakion 3 ultra balls
verizion Less than 10 ultra balls dont know how many
cobalion over 50 ultra balls
Victini i had to battle it a lot over again probably over 70 great balls

He probably posted it before he was banned.

Anyways, a few days back, I was testing out a Metagross lead on Pokemon Online. I faced a Genesect lead as my first challenge. Fearing the Flamethrower, I switch to my Heatran. But instead, he just goes for the U-Turn. The battle progesses and eventually I win. Next game, another Genesect lead. Again, I switch to Heatran to take the Flamethrower, but he U-Turns too. The same thing happens for 5 more matches, no joke. On the eighth match, yet another Genesect lead. I thought it would U-Turn since all the others did, and I decided to use Stealth Rock. But what do you know, this one uses Flamethrower, and gets a CRIT, OHKOing my Metagross. That was just annoying.

I was seven and I caught a Shiny Spinda. Right After, I did a new game and encountered a Shiny Zigzagoon. All on the same day. What are the chances of something as weird as that?

Back