Pokemon weird or amazing moments when playing pokemon

In my Platinum game I was fighting Dialga and was running extremely low on pokeballs I had literally 5 heal balls, (dont ask me why) 2 pokeballs, and 1 Net ball. I was like this can't be happening. I mean come on you only can encounter it once and i didn't save before fighting it and i wasn't going to spend 3 hours playing to get back here. So i got him down to like 5% hp, had no status effects on him and regretfully through a heal ball, to my surprise it hit, shook once, twice, and a third time then it happened I actually caught a legendary with one of the worst pokeballs ever made.

Also, Yesterday night I caught my victini with a nest ball, and he was only 1 level lower than the guy i was fighting. I mean come on i used 30 great balls, 9 ultra balls, 30 pokeballs, and 6 timer balls previously and couldnt catch him. I toss one nest ball and it works wth.

^I know he's very difficult to capture.Anyway,yesterday I was playing White,and I was going to catch Zekrom.I threw an Ultra ball at him and I caught him,first try.I have know idea why people use their Master ball on the mascots.

I...caught a Dialga with a Quick Ball with full health while trying to encounter a shiny one.

I think the best Poke'mon experience was, while playing Blue Version, I was fighting Misty. She fainted all of my Poke'mon save for one; my male Level 5 Nidoran. I was against her level 21 Starmie and had lost all hope at that point but sent it out anyways. To my surprise her Starmie continuously used Harden as I used Tackle. It took about half an hour but I actually managed to beat her Poke'mon with an underleved one that had no super effective moves. Nidoran shot several levels and evolved, needless to say.

Last night, I was playing Pokemon Platinum. I haven't caught Rotom yet, (and my Pokemon were around level 70) and I finally decide to go into the mansion. When I first walk in, there was lightning outside my house , and nonstop thunder. That scared the ship out of me. When I got to Rotom, there was more lightning than I've ever seen in my life! Once I caught him ( with a luxury ball ), I booked it out of the mansion and saved in Eterna City. I turned off the game and started to watch some TV, and it went out, only seconds after I start watching it. about 5 metres away from me, it sounded like an animal eating, yet my cat was downstairs, and my two dogs were right beside me. I walk over there, and there was nothing there.

umbreon/espeon said:
^I know he's very difficult to capture.Anyway,yesterday I was playing White,and I was going to catch Zekrom.I threw an Ultra ball at him and I caught him,first try.I have know idea why people use their Master ball on the mascots.

Zekrom has a catch rate of 45, easy to catch. Most version mascots have a catch rate of three, very hard to catch.

Ooh, good thread. I've got some stories to tell. And they're worth the read.

Okay, so the first story I've got to tell is from my Ruby Version. This happened a long time, so I don't remember it exactly. So, I was a little maybe, 8 year old kid with my Ruby. I didn't know much avout Pokemon at the time, but I knew a little bit, like what was legendary and so on. To put it plainly, I was a n00b. So, I had actually beaten the Elite Four, and had a Lv. 100 Swampert. I was pretty proud. I was wandering though Mauville City for no apparent reason. Now, this is the strange part. I encountered a Pokemon. In Mauville City. There is no grass there. And being the n00b I was, I had no idea about events, Acrion Replays, cheat codes, and all that jazz. So that was just strange. And that's not all. It was a Jirachi. Yes, a Jirachi. I caught it. However, I was too young to realize that catching a Pokemon in Mauville City was extremely rare, and a Jirachi even more. However, a while later, I RESTARTED my game. I can't believe that I did that. However, restarting wasn't completely worthless. And that brings me to my second story.

Well, I was playing my Ruby, the one I restarted. At that point in time, I REALLY wanted a Wailord. I don't even know why. So, I was surfing and fishing, hoping that the small chance I had to find a Wailord would show itself. I ran into a Pokemon. I looked away for a second. When I looked back, I saw just another Wailmer, looking at me, and the screen waiting for me to chose an option. I was about to click the "RUN" button, but then I hesitated. The Wailmer looked a little darker. I thought it was a trick of the light. However, I thought that it might be holding a special item or something. I decided to catch it. It took me a while, but eventually, I did. Guess what? It was shiny! I had missed the glint. Thank Arceus I caught it, though. Now, on to my third story.

Fast-forward to SoulSilver. I had my team all planed out. Typhosion. Crobat. Kingdra. Ampharos. Scizor. Tyranitar. At the moment, I was in the Whirl Islands, looking for a Horsea. I ran into a wild Pokemon. My friend said something (he was over), and I looked away. When I turned back to the screen, I was about to click "RUN" when I looked at the Pokemon. It was a Tentacruel. With green jelly blobs. Another shiny. I caught it in a heavy ball. It was pretty cool. I have another story about SoulSilver, showing my love of a particular Poke Ball.

My absolute favorite Poke Ball is the… Dusk Ball. I use it all the time. It makes it easy to catch some of the harder Pokemon. In SoulSilver, I caught Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Lugia, and Ho-oh in them. The five legendary birds. Speaking of dark, lets go to Black Version.

Black Version. The most insane of the Pokemon Games, in my opinion. After Black and White came out in Japan, I stopped getting spoilers. Black and White were going to be completely new to me. It was going to be awesome. And it was. When I got past the Elite Four, the game took a crazy turn. I never expected it. Still, I got to the point where I had to catch Reshiram. It was cool. The animation was amazing. So, the battle started. I'm like, "Oh, forget this." I threw a Quick Ball. One shake. Two. Three. I held my breath. It broke free. I got it down into the red, paralyzed it. I caught it in an Ultra Ball. I was extremely happy, because the last main story game (Platinum), Giratina was near impossible to catch without a Master Ball. I was expecting it to be hard.

Continuing on Black Version. I beat N, he was actually pretty easy. Then came Ghestis. I got to his Eelektross. I sent out my Sawk, who I have another story about. Anyway, I taught my Sawk Dig. So, I sent it out against Ghestis. I used Dig. And then, "Levitate prevents Eelektross from being damaged by Ground-type moves!" What? How does that Electric Fish have Levitate? How does that make sense?

My Sawk has an interesting story. It starts from the second Gym Leader. A Normal type Gym. I needed a Fighting type, because I had a Roggenrola with a Fighting type move, but it wasn't powerful enough. So, I did what my friend did. I went looking for a Timburr. However, while looking for one, I encountered a Sawk. I was like, "Oh, I'll catch that instead." And I did. And it blew through the Second Gym for me. Fast-forward to TCG League one day. I was on the eighth Gym. I asked a person at league for a team check. He looked at it and exclaimed, "Wow. Did you breed for this or something?" I looked over and saw him looking at Sawk. I replied, "No, why?" He said back, "It has a perfect [I don't know what its called. IV?] I looked. Proud of its power. I asked, "What does that do?" He said, "That maxes out its attack. It should have about 300 base by Level one hundred." I replied, awed, "Without EV training?" He nodded. To right now, my Sawk is Lv. 46 and a powerhouse.

Well, that's about it for now.

Mine was in Emerald when I was taking on the battle tower.

It was a 3 on 3 match. My team was Swampert, Azumarill and Spinda
It was down to my Azumarill and the opponents Haunter.
The Haunter used hypnosis. Then he used confuse ray. Followed by shadow ball....
Things were not looking good for me. So then a mircale happens....
I was on red health. The Haunter's second shadow ball missed, I woke up, snapped out of confusion, and got a critical hit with ice beam and killed it!

It was insane!!!!

Last Sunday I caught an Adamant natured Zekrom with one pokeball without damaging it.I was so excited!

@Luigibuster8989

that's not really weird..it has a 45% catch rate..which is an epic fail compared to what's expected :( I masterballed him

I went to Giant Chasm in White, hoping to catch a Ditto or Metang. Without realizing, I went to the dried-up lake. So then it started to snow, and I was like 'Aw well, I'll and catch Kyurem'. I went to catch it, and being very tired, I had forgot to stock up on Pokeballs. I used my Volcarona to weaken it with Heat Wave, and looked at my Pokeballs. I had like, 10 Ultra Balls, 2 Dusk Balls, 1 Heal Ball, and 3 Net Balls. I used one Dusk Ball on it, and voila, it was caught. Now I have a Modest Kyurem named 'IcyChicken' in my PC.

And I didn't have my Master Ball because I used it on Volcarona.
(I had beforehand caught a Metang, now a Metagross which has become one of my Battle Subway Multi Train team members)

Um...no, Zekrom doesn't have a 45% catch rate. I don't know how to explain it, but catch rate is not a percentage (Lillipup doesn't have a 255% chance of being caught).

Anyway, I don't have much in the way of original amazing stories...
Remember that time when you don't have any Pokeballs in the beginning of the game? Yeah, I found a shiny Caterpie in Gold when I was heading to Mr. Pokemon's house. Stupid, stupid RNG.

A while ago, I was battling pokemon with some a friend during summer camp. We were using our strongest pokemon. One of mine was the old Event Regigigas that unlocked the rest of the Regis in Platnium. So, anyways, when I threw it in, it kept attacking first. I was very confused, because Regigigas' are normally slow. After winning the battle with my awesome team of uber legends (yes, I used them back then), I decided to check Regi's stats. Turns out his best stat is speed! I'm serious, I have a fast Regigigas. If I could nickname it, it would be called Usane Bolt or Speedy.

I just had another weird experience involving the tynamo mentioned a while back. I was breeding it to get a brave one and, through a strange coincidence, I managed to get two babies that I believe have identical IVs (they both like to relax and the judge gave them identical assessments). I hope for more weird experiences involving volt the tynamo.

I was farming eggs for a shiny charmander as I wanted a shiny charizard and on my 3rd egg I hatched one XD I thought it would take much longer

I was talking to my brother about shinies, and how I wanted one sooooo bad. So, I went in the grass, and I found a.... Shiny Lillipup! I was screaming like a little girl, and caught it. Now, it rests in my shiny box.

Back