• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zorbees! (Vespiquen/Zoroarks)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
maybe i could run one karen just for oricorio and if i am facing a different variant of vespiqueen. Are you going to San Jose?
Karen in a Vespi deck? That's kinda screwy xD

Also this deck survives Karen easily. Karen gives you more Pokemon to Bench with Zoroark.

No I'm not, I can't play IRL due to the fact that there isn't a league near where I live.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Yeah, the Karen could be for quickly switching modes, from vespi to zoroark really quickly, without relying on the opponent. for example, they could have aome pokemon with 180 hp like volcanion or something and you can't one shot them with vespi, you could karen and use zoroark

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Yeah, the Karen could be for quickly switching modes, from vespi to zoroark really quickly, without relying on the opponent. for example, they could have aome pokemon with 180 hp like volcanion or something and you can't one shot them with vespi, you could karen and use zoroark
Idk about that. You shouldn't have a problem getting 16 Pokemon into the discard to OHKO a Volcanion, between Unown, Shay, Compressor, Sycamore, Trade, etc. It is kind of a cool idea though.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
That's actually not a bad idea, I just decided to go with 4 Sycamore/3 VS because of how common Item lock is in Expanded. Otherwise I'd definitely play that.
Well, around my area, there isn't much item lock, so i just naturally slide towards playing more items. You have zoroark, anyway

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
I dislike Brigette in this deck because the point of the deck is to go through 20-30 cards on turn one with Compressors, Shays, and Sycamores. I also haven't had any problems getting down Zoruas and Combees T1.

What @joffreyspikes said (except that Dowsing Machine is better than Computer Search in this deck because you often discard stuff you don't want to discard and because you have Mallow+Trade to search for DCE).

I've had no problems with Toad since it's weak to Vespi and as long as I have one turn of items (which Toad allows) I'm fine. Trevenant is annoying because they can get T1 lock, but if they don't they'll get wallopped by Zoroark the entire game.

Idk about that. You shouldn't have a problem getting 16 Pokemon into the discard to OHKO a Volcanion, between Unown, Shay, Compressor, Sycamore, Trade, etc. It is kind of a cool idea though.

That's actually not a bad idea, I just decided to go with 4 Sycamore/3 VS because of how common Item lock is in Expanded. Otherwise I'd definitely play that.

So, I think I have been playing the deck in a way it isn't meant to be used. When I play, my first turn is pretty neutral, I try to at least get a Combee, Zorua, and Unown (one of each, but I do like getting more if I can) while using Battle Compressor once to discard two Eggexecute and Orcicorio (depends on the match up, most of the time I'll use Wonder Tag on a Tapu Lele GX to grab Ghetsis and disrupt my opponent). When it's my second turn, I literally explode with cards and most of the time can set up a Zoroark GX with a full 8 (Sky Field) on my bench. After that, I just try to take as many K.O.s with Zoroark GX (maybe two) until it is either K.O.ed or I run out of Sky Field. At that point, I sweep with Vespiquen when most of my cards are gone and Pokémon have been removed from the bench once Sky Field is replaced. This plan is completely disrupted my Item lock, since I can't "explode" on my seconded turn without Items.

So, I think I should do as you mentioned @GekkisaiDaiNi and @The Last Shaymin, by removing the fourth VS Seeker and add in a fourth Prof. Juniper. Also maybe switch my playstyle against Toad to more of what you were saying @GekkisaiDaiNi by exploding with Vespiquen first turn and take advantage of the weakness. Just watch out for Oricorio (since Combee has that low health first turn). I have been donked a few times by Hypnotoxic Laser, Virbank City, and Seviper, so staring with Combee is a little rough, but I think I'll manage. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate the info!

Also, what do you think of Ghetsis? I think it gives you at least an extra turn of set up and stalls your opponent while you add some pressure next turn. I play one, but I only play two Shaymin EX and I think I really need to find room for a third (also looking for a Computer Search or Dowsing Machine, I'm stuck with Master Ball until I do). I'd rather not remove the Ghetsis, but unless I can't find anything else to take out, I may have to.

Anyways, let me know what you think, thanks!

(By the way, good luck @The Last Shaymin, show everyone what Zoroark GX/Vespiquen is made of for us at San Jose!)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
So, I think I have been playing the deck in a way it isn't meant to be used. When I play, my first turn is pretty neutral, I try to at least get a Combee, Zorua, and Unown (one of each, but I do like getting more if I can) while using Battle Compressor once to discard two Eggexecute and Orcicorio (depends on the match up, most of the time I'll use Wonder Tag on a Tapu Lele GX to grab Ghetsis and disrupt my opponent). When it's my second turn, I literally explode with cards and most of the time can set up a Zoroark GX with a full 8 (Sky Field) on my bench. After that, I just try to take as many K.O.s with Zoroark GX (maybe two) until it is either K.O.ed or I run out of Sky Field. At that point, I sweep with Vespiquen when most of my cards are gone and Pokémon have been removed from the bench once Sky Field is replaced. This plan is completely disrupted my Item lock, since I can't "explode" on my seconded turn without Items.
Actually this is exactly how I play the deck in most matches (minus the T1 Ghetsis); just against Toad you have to play more torwards Vespi and try to set up your hand with DCEs and Vespiquens for the next turn on turn one VS Toad. VS Trev, I treat the deck as Speed Zoroark.
So, I think I should do as you mentioned @GekkisaiDaiNi and @The Last Shaymin, by removing the fourth VS Seeker and add in a fourth Prof. Juniper. Also maybe switch my playstyle against Toad to more of what you were saying @GekkisaiDaiNi by exploding with Vespiquen first turn and take advantage of the weakness. Just watch out for Oricorio (since Combee has that low health first turn). I have been donked a few times by Hypnotoxic Laser, Virbank City, and Seviper, so staring with Combee is a little rough, but I think I'll manage. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate the info!
Toad lists tend to run Karen and not Oricorio, since the combo of a Knockout, Item Lock, and Karen is basically GG to Night March, the only Battle Compressor deck currently in the meta.
Also, what do you think of Ghetsis? I think it gives you at least an extra turn of set up and stalls your opponent while you add some pressure next turn. I play one, but I only play two Shaymin EX and I think I really need to find room for a third (also looking for a Computer Search or Dowsing Machine, I'm stuck with Master Ball until I do). I'd rather not remove the Ghetsis, but unless I can't find anything else to take out, I may have to.
I'd take out Master Ball for the third Shaymin until you can find a Dowsing Machine. It's just not a very good card.

I like Ghetsis, but the list is so tight, I really don't see how to fit one in. Plus I dislike the RNG factor it brings; I've had many an opponent use Ghetsis on me turn one only to help me by shuffling away something like a VS Seeker when I was about to Juniper.

FrostBiter12

Actually this is exactly how I play the deck in most matches (minus the T1 Ghetsis); just against Toad you have to play more torwards Vespi and try to set up your hand with DCEs and Vespiquens for the next turn on turn one VS Toad. VS Trev, I treat the deck as Speed Zoroark.

Toad lists tend to run Karen and not Oricorio, since the combo of a Knockout, Item Lock, and Karen is basically GG to Night March, the only Battle Compressor deck currently in the meta.

I'd take out Master Ball for the third Shaymin until you can find a Dowsing Machine. It's just not a very good card.

I like Ghetsis, but the list is so tight, I really don't see how to fit one in. Plus I dislike the RNG factor it brings; I've had many an opponent use Ghetsis on me turn one only to help me by shuffling away something like a VS Seeker when I was about to Juniper.

I forgot to mention that I have played at lot against Toad because a friend of mine plays it in Expanded (the only deck he plays in Expanded) and happens to play Oriocrio instead of Karen (probably since no one in our area plays Night March and there are a few people who play Vespiquen variants, Gyarados {which Oricorio is good against as well}, etc.). I'll take your advise though on that most Toad players are using Karen, so I won't worry about that in Regionals and other big tournaments.

I'll try taking out the Master Ball for a Shaymin EX (though I wish I could take advantage of an Ace Spec) for now until I do get Computer Search or Dowsing Machine (whichever comes first).

I know sometimes Ghetsis can backfire, but the times it works it really pays off. It works well on Psybox (which I've found plays a lot of items), Vespiquen variants, Night March, etc. Not to mention it draws cards (which is the selling point for me). Keep in mind, sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. I'm (at least in my opinion) great at reading what type of hand my opponent has based on facial expressions, body language, etc. (which doesn't work on PTCGO ;)) so timing the Ghetsis in certain matchups works for me. Just a matter of opinion though, I prefer Ghetsis in my list, but it isn't necessary. I can take it out if needed.

If you want I can show you my list, I think it's pretty solid besides the obvious holes (like no Ace Spec) but I've managed to squeeze Ghetsis in. Here it is.

Pokémon*27

Combee*4 AOR
Vespiquen*4 AOR
Zorua*3 DEX
Zorua*1 SHL
Zoroark GX*3 SHL
Zoroark*1 BKT
Unown*4 AOR
Eggexecute*2 PLF
Oricorio*1 GRI
Shaymin EX*3 ROS
Tapu Lele GX*1 GRI

Trainer*29

Professor Juniper*3
N*1 FCO
Colress*1 PLS
Guzma*1 BUS
Mallow*1 GRI
Hex Maniac*1 AOR
Ghetsis*1 PLF
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
VS Seeker*4 PHF
Battle Compressor*3 PHF
Rescue Stretcher*1 GRI
Special Charge*2 STS
Choice Band*2 GRI
Float Stone*1 BKT
Sky Field*3 ROS

Energy*4
Double Colorless Energy*4 SUM

Once again, thanks for the feedback! Let me know what you think, thanks!

Edit: Fixed some typos, sorry about that!

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Just thought I'd post the playstyle of the deck since after reading through my posts I don't think I've made much sense regarding the playstyle :p

T1: Blast through Shaymins, use Sky Field, and drop a ton of Zoruas and Combees, hopefully getting 8 benched Pokemon T1.

T2: If they bumped Sky Field, discard all your Shaymins. During your next turn, discard tons of mons and go into Vespi mode. Or, if your able to, set up the 8 Pokemon Sky Field bench again and slam with Zoroark. If they don't bump your Sky Field, hit them with Zoroark until they find a way to get rid of it.

Once they get rid of the Zoroark you started the game with, bring out Vespi and sweep.

FrostBiter12

Just thought I'd post the playstyle of the deck since after reading through my posts I don't think I've made much sense regarding the playstyle :p

T1: Blast through Shaymins, use Sky Field, and drop a ton of Zoruas and Combees, hopefully getting 8 benched Pokemon T1.

T2: If they bumped Sky Field, discard all your Shaymins. During your next turn, discard tons of mons and go into Vespi mode. Or, if your able to, set up the 8 Pokemon Sky Field bench again and slam with Zoroark. If they don't bump your Sky Field, hit them with Zoroark until they find a way to get rid of it.

Once they get rid of the Zoroark you started the game with, bring out Vespi and sweep.

So you give your opponent the choice of who they want to take on, Zoroark GX or Vespiquen, by filling up you bench with Skyfield and passing the turn on to your opponent. Than they have to decide if they want to bump the Stadium and power up Vespiquen or take on the 210 HP Zoroark GX. Your giving your opponent an ultimatum, which can be somewhat demoralizing (to your opponent) in certain cases. Good idea!

The only problem I see with this is you opponent can fuel Oricorio after bumping Skyfield with the discarded Pokémon and snipe your Combees (since it's Turn 1) while leaving you without Skyfield and a full bench. This a rare case scenario (since your opponent is more than likely to save Oricorio for late game) but I can see some people trying this. Only downside is that your opponent has to play Oricorio, have a stadium removal option and energy (or Dimension Valley), and have to get Oricorio in the active spot. Seems a little risky to be using it in this way, so I don't think you have to worry about it to much. Psybox seems the most capable to do it, but I haven't seen anyone try it yet.

Overall though, I like it. I think the reason I play differently is because I don't play Oranguru, so saving Shaymin EXs for later on is more important (and I play Ghetsis while having a more passive start). Anyways, thanks for the explanation!

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Have you thought about playing puzzle of time? you can use it by playing 1 to get favorable cards with trade, or play 2 to get stuff from your discard.