• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zorbees! (Vespiquen/Zoroarks)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
What is your list (I don't know if @GekkisaiDaiNi would be ok with you posting your list here. Might want to check with him first)?
I don't care lol
Why are you running DEX Zorua? It only has 50 HP and both of its attacks require [D] energy.
I'm running the one that has 60HP and has an attack which for [C] flips a coin and if heads your opponent's Active is Paralyzed.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Decided to go all in with a 4 count of the Paralyzing Gaze Zorua. I realized every time Ram was useful, Sky Return would be better. Paralyzing Gaze is also amazing since it gives you the chance to buy a turn to evolve.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Nice list! I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I did build it on PTCGO and intend to soon. I only have one question/suggestion, and it's a very small one.

What do you think about cutting one Sycamore for a fourth VS Seeker? I'm just starting to dive into Expanded so maybe it's just my Standard mindset kicking in, but would having a fourth VS Seeker allow you to be a bit more flexible? You could grab that fourth Sycamore if needed, but you could also grab another Supporter depending on the state of the game. The only obstacle that I can think of is Item Lock decks so maybe that's why you opt for the fourth Sycamore. Either way, I like the deck and I'll let you know how my playtesting goes!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Nice list! I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I did build it on PTCGO and intend to soon. I only have one question/suggestion, and it's a very small one.

What do you think about cutting one Sycamore for a fourth VS Seeker? I'm just starting to dive into Expanded so maybe it's just my Standard mindset kicking in, but would having a fourth VS Seeker allow you to be a bit more flexible? You could grab that fourth Sycamore if needed, but you could also grab another Supporter depending on the state of the game. The only obstacle that I can think of is Item Lock decks so maybe that's why you opt for the fourth Sycamore. Either way, I like the deck and I'll let you know how my playtesting goes!
I actually did do this, I just forgot to update the list with it xD fixing that now :)

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I actually did do this, I just forgot to update the list with it xD fixing that now :)

Gotcha! Yeah, I like the deck a lot! I played a few games online and had good results. I am trying out a pretty significant change, which I'd like to hear your input on. I removed 2 Zorua and both BKT Zoroark for 4 Klefki. I know you discussed how strong the non-GX Zoroark is, and I agree, but I know you're primarily focusing on Vespiquen as your main attacker so I felt that adding Klefki helps accelerate Pokémon into the discard. Plus, they're great Battle Compressor targets, and seeing as how this decks runs 4 Battle Compressor, I found myself discarding important Zoroark and Vespiquen pieces mid to late-game after all my Unown and Eggs were in the discard. It's just something I figured I'd try out!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Gotcha! Yeah, I like the deck a lot! I played a few games online and had good results. I am trying out a pretty significant change, which I'd like to hear your input on. I removed 2 Zorua and both BKT Zoroark for 4 Klefki. I know you discussed how strong the non-GX Zoroark is, and I agree, but I know you're primarily focusing on Vespiquen as your main attacker so I felt that adding Klefki helps accelerate Pokémon into the discard. Plus, they're great Battle Compressor targets, and seeing as how this decks runs 4 Battle Compressor, I found myself discarding important Zoroark and Vespiquen pieces mid to late-game after all my Unown and Eggs were in the discard. It's just something I figured I'd try out!
That's an interesting idea, but I like having the increased chance of starting Zorua (T1 Paralyzing Gaze is great), and by late game, you start to stop caring about Zoroark pieces so you can just discard those. Plus Mind Jack is great (like I've mentioned before). I like the idea though :)

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
That's an interesting idea, but I like having the increased chance of starting Zorua (T1 Paralyzing Gaze is great), and by late game, you start to stop caring about Zoroark pieces so you can just discard those. Plus Mind Jack is great (like I've mentioned before). I like the idea though :)

Yeah true. I think I just need to play the deck a bit more because there's been a few games where I've had to discard Zoroark or Vespiquen pieces to ramp up Vespiquen's damage and it's left me in a weird spot, such as having a Zorua, but no more Zoroark, or vice-versa. Same with the Vespiquen line. That's why I figured adding the Klefki was good, because it gives you another line to safely discard. I do agree that Mind Jack is too good though so I'll keep testing your list.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Hey everyone, just wanted to clear something up regarding Exeggcute (PLF). The text for the Propagation ability says..."Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may put this Pokemon into your hand"... I gathered from this that I was only allowed to use Propagation once per turn per Exeggcute. When I went to test this deck on PTCGO, I noticed that I could use Propagation as many times as I wanted. So is this a glitch on PTCGO's part, or am I missing something in the text (or effects of the game)? If you are allowed to use Propagation as many times as you want, would we still play two or can we remove one and find another card to fill in that space (like Sudowoodo GRI as an example)? Let me know what you think, thanks!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hey everyone, just wanted to clear something up regarding Exeggcute (PLF). The text for the Propagation ability says..."Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may put this Pokemon into your hand"... I gathered from this that I was only allowed to use Propagation once per turn per Exeggcute. When I went to test this deck on PTCGO, I noticed that I could use Propagation as many times as I wanted. So is this a glitch on PTCGO's part, or am I missing something in the text (or effects of the game)? If you are allowed to use Propagation as many times as you want, would we still play two or can we remove one and find another card to fill in that space (like Sudowoodo GRI as an example)? Let me know what you think, thanks!
No, you may use it as often as you want. http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/exeggcute-propagation-question.119787/

We definitely still play 2. 2 lets you use Ultra Ball & Dowsing Machine with no downside, and can be used to fuel Zoroark GX in a pinch. Sudowoodo isn't worth it since we run Mind Jack anyways.

FrostBiter12

No, you may use it as often as you want. http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/exeggcute-propagation-question.119787/

We definitely still play 2. 2 lets you use Ultra Ball & Dowsing Machine with no downside, and can be used to fuel Zoroark GX in a pinch. Sudowoodo isn't worth it since we run Mind Jack anyways.

Great, I was a little unsure about that, so thanks for the confirmation. Anyways, you make a point about running two Exeggecute with Dowsing Machine, Computer Search, Ultra Ball, etc. (not to mention occasionally prizing one). If we do need room for something (such as a tech for the current popular deck), would Exeggecute be a viable option to remove, or should we find something else (keep in mind this is only if we need it)? Let me know what you think, thanks!

FrostBiter12

How about Alolan Muk as a tech (we would have to find another card {maybe Hex Maniac} to remove for Alolan Grimer)? That would shut off Sudowoodo (though it will shut off Shaymin EX & Exeggecute as well) if you need to and can be discarded if you don't need it. Let me know what you think, thanks!

I was thinking of Hex Maniax, since its really good card in any situation. Thing is space is really kinda tight. What would you want to remove for one?

FrostBiter12

I was thinking of Hex Maniax, since its really good card in any situation. Thing is space is really kinda tight. What would you want to remove for one?

Oh, just realized that this list didn't already include Hex Maniac (mine does, forgot that my list is a little different than this one). In that case you can remove Oranguru for a Hex Maniac, and then remove Hex Maniac/Exeggecute for an Alolan Grimer/Alolan Muk. :D

I feel like 28 is the magic number for Vespiquen decks. Do you run a Field Blower? That might a good cut, since Field Blower has very few uses in this deck.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Great, I was a little unsure about that, so thanks for the confirmation. Anyways, you make a point about running two Exeggecute with Dowsing Machine, Computer Search, Ultra Ball, etc. (not to mention occasionally prizing one). If we do need room for something (such as a tech for the current popular deck), would Exeggecute be a viable option to remove, or should we find something else (keep in mind this is only if we need it)? Let me know what you think, thanks!
Agreeing with @FlavorfulPineApl. Field Blower is a better cut.

Also, as an experienced Vespiquen player, you need 28 Pokémon. It's the sweet spot.
How about Alolan Muk as a tech (we would have to find another card {maybe Hex Maniac} to remove for Alolan Grimer)? That would shut off Sudowoodo (though it will shut off Shaymin EX & Exeggecute as well) if you need to and can be discarded if you don't need it. Let me know what you think, thanks!
Sudowoodo isn't the end of the world, you can use Vespi and Mind Jack. Muk also shuts off Shaymin and Exeggcute, which is really bad. Not to mention it's clunky to set up.

FrostBiter12

So, understanding that both of you are experienced Vespiquen players, I will take your word that 28 Pokémon is the "sweet spot". In my tests though, I've found this list to work quite well. After removing the Field Blower for another Shaymin EX (which I believe I would prefer to have), I think that this has a fair matchup against most decks (the Ghetsis is the major difference, it can disrupt a lot of decks and give myself time to set up). I will test the Alolan Muk anyways just to see how it does, but I think that @GekkisaiDaiNi brought up the major flaw with Alolan Muk as it is difficult to set up with only a 1-1 line. Let me know what you both think, thanks!

Pokémon*27

Zorua*4 DEX
Zoroark GX*3 SHL
Zoroark*1 BKT
Combee*4 AOR
Vespiquen*4 AOR
Shaymin EX*3 ROS
Tapu Lele GX*1 GRI
Unown*4 AOR
Exeggecute*2 PLF
Oricorio*1 GRI

Trainer*29

Prof. Juniper*3 BLW
N*1 FCO
Colress*1 PLS
Guzma*1 BUS
Hex Maniac*1 AOR
Mallow*1 GRI
Ghetsis*1 PLF
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
VS Seeker*4 PHF
Dowsing Machine*1 PLS
Battle Compressor*3 PHF
Rescue Stretcher*1 GRI
Special Charge*2 STS
Choice Band*1 GRI
Float Stone*1 BKT
Sky Field*3 ROS

Energy*4

Double Colorless Energy*4 SUM

(@GekkisaiDaiNi, if you want me to remove this list just let me know, the Spoilers aren't working currently)