• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zorbees! (Vespiquen/Zoroarks)

WOAH! Mind Jack gets much use. Its one of the attacks I use the most since most players get lured in by Sky Field. Other decks just need to bench a ton in general. I, myself, wouldnt cut it. It has too much utility in a lot of games. And yeah Im confused by pikachu's post too...
True, but I never use more than one. Just the threat of it is enough; if someone sees a Zorua, they're gonna try to be careful of a Mind Jack. I may keep it at two though, just because some people will expect Zoroark GX/not care. ;)

True, but I never use more than one. Just the threat of it is enough; if someone sees a Zorua, they're gonna try to be careful of a Mind Jack. I may keep it at two though, just because some people will expect Zoroark GX/not care. ;)

Wow, you guys must be pretty lucky then - most players I face almost never fall for the Sky Field - Mind Jack trap. :D Even though with a bench of 5 on the opponent's side it still does a nice amout of damage, but that's usually once per match. That's another reason why I'm considering adding a 3rd Zoro GX - another attacker where I can be in control of how much damage I can dish out. Plus it's also nice for consistency. I just need to wait until the box comes out to get my 3rd copy.

Another reason I like the deck a lot is because most of my opponents are very eager to get rid of Sky Field, which is such a convenient way for me to get rid of Leles and Shaymins - and then on my next turn I'll just put down another Field and get all those eggs out of the discard to fill up the bench and if the Field gets discarded again then rinse and repeat or just bring in Vespiquen if I already have enough mons in the discard.

what i mean is that the deck runs a 4-4 Fespiquen line, a 3-3 Flareon line , a 3-3 Zouark line, and less techs
Nah. Then what would I discard with Battle Compressor? The point of Vespiquen is to run a whole bunch of Pokemon techs, and then discard the ones you aren't gonna use that matchup. Same thing with Zoroark-GX; you need a bunch of techy bench sitters.

why run random techs over running a better card, you can just pitch the extra lines of cards
I don't run random techs, I run techs that help. Oranguru is for N protection, Oricorio is to swing the Night March matchup, Mind Jack makes your opponent play in a way they dont want to, and I never need more attackers then what I have currently (I have a maximum of six Vespiquens per game because of Dowsing Machine and Rescue Stretcher), so these techs end up being much more helpful than Flareon. Not to mention adding another Stage 1 line is clunky.

Since this is Expanded, would any of you consider playing the BLW Zoroark the one that copies one of the defending pokemon's attacks for a Double Colorless Energy? Great for taking out things like Solgaleo GX (due to the new one having a lot of hype) or anything that deals a lot of damage. Maybe remove one of the BKT Zoroarks for it. Just a thought.

Since this is Expanded, would any of you consider playing the BLW Zoroark the one that copies one of the defending pokemon's attacks for a Double Colorless Energy? Great for taking out things like Solgaleo GX (due to the new one having a lot of hype) or anything that deals a lot of damage. Maybe remove one of the BKT Zoroarks for it. Just a thought.
I tried it and it didn't get much use, the Mind Jack Zoroark ended up having better utility so I cut it.

Cool. Just wanted to make sure we weren't missing a viable option. Do people really fall for the Sky Field trick that often though?
Not too often, but Stand In+Float Stone is nice to have, and it makes your opponent play in a way they don't want to (benching less Pokemon), which is always good.

Not too often, but Stand In+Float Stone is nice to have, and it makes your opponent play in a way they don't want to (benching less Pokemon), which is always good.

So manipulation, controlling, and steamrolling capability smashed into one deck. The fusion of M Ray and Vespiquen is here, finally. Looking forward to playing this! Would Zoroark GX be better with Night March though? It seems to work really well with Vespiquen.

So manipulation, controlling, and steamrolling capability smashed into one deck. The fusion of M Ray and Vespiquen is here, finally. Looking forward to playing this! Would Zoroark GX be better with Night March though? It seems to work really well with Vespiquen.
Zoroark-GX is actually better with Vespiquen because you run more Pokemon to bench than NM and NM doesn't like running evolutions. I hope you enjoy playing the deck! :D

Zoroark-GX is actually better with Vespiquen because you run more Pokemon to bench than NM and NM doesn't like running evolutions. I hope you enjoy playing the deck! :D

Once again, thanks! I'll let you know how my tests go! Definitely looking forward to playing Vespiquen/Zoroark GX!

Would anyone consider playing Puzzle of Time in this deck? I feel anything that includes Zoroark GX could really take advantage of the Sycamore (or Juniper)+Trade for a 9 card hand, greatly increasing your chances of finding two Puzzles. Maybe remove things like a single Sky Field or Choice Band since you can Puzzle them back. Just a thought.

Would anyone consider playing Puzzle of Time in this deck? I feel anything that includes Zoroark GX could really take advantage of the Sycamore (or Juniper)+Trade for a 9 card hand, greatly increasing your chances of finding two Puzzles. Maybe remove things like a single Sky Field or Choice Band since you can Puzzle them back. Just a thought.
I think Dowsing Machine makes Puzzles unnecessary.

I think Dowsing Machine makes Puzzles unnecessary.

I'd think that would increase your reason to play Puzzles, as you can grab a Puzzle from the discard and use another (if you have it) to grab two of any card instead of one Trainer card. Just my opinion though as I haven't test it out just yet.

I'd think that would increase your reason to play Puzzles, as you can grab a Puzzle from the discard and use another (if you have it) to grab two of any card instead of one Trainer card. Just my opinion though as I haven't test it out just yet.
I guess. But space is very tight, I don't run Mallow so its harder to find 2 Puzzles, and it's a discard focused deck, so I wouldn't want to run them.

Back