• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zorbees! (Vespiquen/Zoroarks)

So, understanding that both of you are experienced Vespiquen players, I will take your word that 28 Pokémon is the "sweet spot". In my tests though, I've found this list to work quite well. After removing the Field Blower for another Shaymin EX (which I believe I would prefer to have), I think that this has a fair matchup against most decks (the Ghetsis is the major difference, it can disrupt a lot of decks and give myself time to set up). I will test the Alolan Muk anyways just to see how it does, but I think that @GekkisaiDaiNi brought up the major flaw with Alolan Muk as it is difficult to set up with only a 1-1 line. Let me know what you both think, thanks!

Pokémon*27

Zorua*4 DEX
Zoroark GX*3 SHL
Zoroark*1 BKT
Combee*4 AOR
Vespiquen*4 AOR
Shaymin EX*3 ROS
Tapu Lele GX*1 GRI
Unown*4 AOR
Exeggecute*2 PLF
Oricorio*1 GRI

Trainer*29

Prof. Juniper*3 BLW
N*1 FCO
Colress*1 PLS
Guzma*1 BUS
Hex Maniac*1 AOR
Mallow*1 GRI
Ghetsis*1 PLF
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
VS Seeker*4 PHF
Dowsing Machine*1 PLS
Battle Compressor*3 PHF
Rescue Stretcher*1 GRI
Special Charge*2 STS
Choice Band*1 GRI
Float Stone*1 BKT
Sky Field*3 ROS

Energy*4

Double Colorless Energy*4 SUM

(@GekkisaiDaiNi, if you want me to remove this list just let me know, the Spoilers aren't working currently)
Y'all are totally fine to post your lists, for future reference. I like to see them :)

That list looks mostly good, but I'd cut the second Special Charge for a fourth Compressor. Really the only time I've wanted more than one Charge is against Trev, and they lock you out of it anyways. Plus you have Dowsing Machine worst case scenario. I prefer the 2/2 split of Zoroark to 3/1 but I can see the advantages. 27 Pokémon works, but I feel like damage is more consistent with 28. Plus I personally have gotten alot of use out of the Oranguru. I'm really liking the inclusions of Ghetsis and Hex Maniac here as well. Have you thought about a second Guzma instead of Hex though? For consistency.

Only thing I don't like about one Special Charge is prizing it, and even though I have Dowsing Machine, I would rather spend it own something like a Choice Band or a Battle Compressor itself (just consistency purposes). Personally I prefer having just the one Guzma and Hex Maniac so I can have options. Usually this deck can get over hurtles like opposing Zoroark GX in the active position, so switching Pokémon into the active position isn't that much of a major priority. If I need to switch, VS Seeker is always an option (the only downside is prizing it, but it doesn't hurt that much for reasons mentioned above). I will try Oranguru, but I don't think I'd find myself in many situations where I'd have less than three cards in my hand with Trade, Set Up, and Farwell Letter (though I know I can control the last ability). Let me know what you think, thanks!

What did you cut for Ghetsis? A compressor right? I think that is a fair cut since mostly only use 3, but 4 is great anyway. I might add a Ghetsis....

Only thing I don't like about one Special Charge is prizing it, and even though I have Dowsing Machine, I would rather spend it own something like a Choice Band or a Battle Compressor itself (just consistency purposes). Personally I prefer having just the one Guzma and Hex Maniac so I can have options. Usually this deck can get over hurtles like opposing Zoroark GX in the active position, so switching Pokémon into the active position isn't that much of a major priority. If I need to switch, VS Seeker is always an option (the only downside is prizing it, but it doesn't hurt that much for reasons mentioned above). I will try Oranguru, but I don't think I'd find myself in many situations where I'd have less than three cards in my hand with Trade, Set Up, and Farwell Letter (though I know I can control the last ability). Let me know what you think, thanks!
Also, I too havent gotten much use of Oranguru. The times its helped just makes me keep it though, like when I need to to dig for that 1 Supporter or a card that I need.

Try it out and let me know what you think of it, Ghetsis has been working really well for me (especially against Item lock decks like Seismitoad EX or Trevenant Break since they rely on quite a few of them).

Okay, so I found this: https://www.cutortap.com/2018/01/buzz-ted-deck-reviving-expanded-vespiquen-with-zoroark-gx/ and I'm intrigued. There are many changes I would make, but I really like the idea of Puzzles in the deck, and I think with Puzzles the deck becomes even more insane. Here's what I'd change:

-1 Kecleon PLF, +1 Oranguru S&M
-1 Tapu Lele-GX, +1 Shaymin-EX
-1 Sudowoodo GRI, +1 Zoroark B&W (I know I've been against this card in the past, but I think it's getting better. You can do things like Tree Slam a Trev for 120, copy a Riotous Beating on a one-Prizer, and steal a good GX attack (i.e. Trickster, Dangerous Rogue, Absorption), and with Mind Jack you don't need or want Sudowoodo much)
-1 Field Blower, -1 Pokémon Communication, +1 Combee, +1 Vespiquen
-1 Ghetsis, +1 Mallow (I like Ghetsis but Mallow+Zoroark+Puzzles is just better),

What do you guys think? I think it's worth testing as an alternative at the very least.

Okay, so I found this: https://www.cutortap.com/2018/01/buzz-ted-deck-reviving-expanded-vespiquen-with-zoroark-gx/ and I'm intrigued. There are many changes I would make, but I really like the idea of Puzzles in the deck, and I think with Puzzles the deck becomes even more insane. Here's what I'd change:

-1 Kecleon PLF, +1 Oranguru S&M
-1 Tapu Lele-GX, +1 Shaymin-EX
-1 Sudowoodo GRI, +1 Zoroark B&W (I know I've been against this card in the past, but I think it's getting better. You can do things like Tree Slam a Trev for 120, copy a Riotous Beating on a one-Prizer, and steal a good GX attack (i.e. Trickster, Dangerous Rogue, Absorption), and with Mind Jack you don't need or want Sudowoodo much)
-1 Field Blower, -1 Pokémon Communication, +1 Combee, +1 Vespiquen
-1 Ghetsis, +1 Mallow (I like Ghetsis but Mallow+Zoroark+Puzzles is just better),

What do you guys think? I think it's worth testing as an alternative at the very least.

Just a question, but didn't I suggest Puzzle of Time a while back? Anyways, I'll try some of the combinations out and let you know what I think. Let us know how your tests go as well, thanks and good luck!

Just a question, but didn't I suggest Puzzle of Time a while back? Anyways, I'll try some of the combinations out and let you know what I think. Let us know how your tests go as well, thanks and good luck!
Yeah, you did, but I had no clue how to fit them in the list. I also can't test since I quit TCGO awhile ago. :x

Don't worry ya'll! I'm here to test this! (The list is very interesting, though from what I believe, to be an inferior version of "ours". (But thats why there is testing!)

Yeah, you did, but I had no clue how to fit them in the list. I also can't test since I quit TCGO awhile ago. :x

No problem, I didn't know myself what to remove for Puzzles since space was so tight. Both of you (@GekkisaiDaiNi and @FlavorfulPineApl) are the "Vespiquen Veterans", so you guys are definitely more experienced at the deck than I am, especially since I was new into the Expanded format at the time. I'm happy with the way the deck is doing now, so thanks for advice and such on how the deck is to be played/built! Sorry to here that you had to quit PTCGO, did someone steal stuff from you account? Anyways, I'll test out these variations (very intrigued by the 3-3 Vespiquen line) and let you know how it goes (though I bet that @FlavorfulPineApl will beat me to it). Thanks!

No problem, I didn't know myself what to remove for Puzzles since space was so tight. Both of you (@GekkisaiDaiNi and @FlavorfulPineApl) are the "Vespiquen Veterans", so you guys are definitely more experienced at the deck than I am, especially since I was new into the Expanded format at the time. I'm happy with the way the deck is doing now, so thanks for advice and such on how the deck is to be played/built! Sorry to here that you had to quit PTCGO, did someone steal stuff from you account? Anyways, I'll test out these variations (very intrigued by the 3-3 Vespiquen line) and let you know how it goes (though I bet that @FlavorfulPineApl will beat me to it). Thanks!
I got permamuted for accidentally posting a YouTube link, and decided that I was sick of the game so I gave all my things away to friends.

Vespiquen Veterans!( I like that lol) And I have already beat you! Currently testing it right now (the "weird" variant) and after I play a certain mount of games with each deck, I'll post results. Hopefully it does well.

I got permamuted for accidentally posting a YouTube link, and decided that I was sick of the game so I gave all my things away to friends.

Sorry to hear that, at least your still playing PTCG in general. Ever thought about trying again? It is a valuable resource to have, but having the cards in general works just as well I guess. Anyways, I'll update you about the new Zoroark GX/Vespiquen list as soon as I can. Thanks!

Vespiquen Veterans!( I like that lol) And I have already beat you! Currently testing it right now (the "weird" variant) and after I play a certain mount of games with each deck, I'll post results. Hopefully it does well.
Hehe yes, Vespiquen Veterans is catchy.

Also, I can't play IRL either because there isn't a league here. RIP

Hehe yes, Vespiquen Veterans is catchy.

Also, I can't play IRL either because there isn't a league here. RIP

Glad to here you like the nickname! Maybe you should try getting back into PTCGO if that's the case, though I understand it would be a big hurdle to overcome.

Not saying the changes are bad or anything, but why did you change things? (Just wondering, not criticism involved.)
I think Zoroark B&W is getting better, and that 3 Zoroark-GXes really helps your consistency. I also think Ghetsis is becoming great disruption, and with 3 Zoroarks, there isn't much risk to using it. 1 Egg is fine unless you prize it, as well. Same goes for Special Charge.

Back